Clocks go back 1 hour this Sunday at 2am!

Banned 24 replies
Found 29th Oct 2010
Sunday 31st October 2010 at 2:00 AM

1. Misc
  2. Clock
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Clock
24 Comments

Yey! now all the clocks in my house will be the right time again.

Banned

Thanks for the reminder...... I need to thank you but cant in the first post! (Another bug I'm afraid!)

nice one! an extra hour of posting rubbish in the misc for me!

Original Poster Banned

barky

nice one! an extra hour of posting rubbish in the misc for me!

Me too X)

Banned

Pros

Extra hour in bed

Cons
1) Darker earlier at night
2) Darker for later in the morning
3) Cats still want feeding on 'old' time - they just don't understand!
4) Body clock takes a week or two to get used to it
5) Putting all analogue clocks in the house back an hour
6) Getting up at 2am to put the clocks back (well, maybe I can do it before I go to bed then)
7) You know the countdown begins to bag the bargains for christmas
We're all getting older
9) Life is hard
10) What's the meaning of life?
11) ...............

Banned

Number 8 looks cool! X)

JonnyTwoToes

ProsExtra hour in bedCons1) Darker earlier at night2) Darker for later in … ProsExtra hour in bedCons1) Darker earlier at night2) Darker for later in the morning3) Cats still want feeding on 'old' time - they just don't understand!4) Body clock takes a week or two to get used to it5) Putting all analogue clocks in the house back an hour6) Getting up at 2am to put the clocks back (well, maybe I can do it before I go to bed then)7) You know the countdown begins to bag the bargains for christmas8) We're all getting older9) Life is hard10) What's the meaning of life?11) ...............

the meaning of life is 42-havent you seen hitchhikers guide?

Original Poster Banned

I'll probably be still dressed as a witch at 2am at the halloween party I am going to.

Darker for later in the morning? the mornings will be lighter from Sunday onwards won't they?
Edited by: "greg_68" 29th Oct 2010

Banned

DLM

I'll probably be still dressed as a witch at 2am at the halloween party I … I'll probably be still dressed as a witch at 2am at the halloween party I am going to.

nothing new there then

Banned

DLM

I'll probably be still dressed as a witch at 2am at the halloween party I … I'll probably be still dressed as a witch at 2am at the halloween party I am going to.

Would the obvious reply to that sound better coming from me rather than the usual mob?

Banned

greg_68

Darke for later in the morning? the mornings will be lighter from Sunday … Darke for later in the morning? the mornings will be lighter from Sunday onwards won't they.

Yeah, but as the days get shorter toward xmas, they tend to get darker don't they. Or is that just my village?

Original Poster Banned

JonnyTwoToes

Would the obvious reply to that sound better coming from me rather than … Would the obvious reply to that sound better coming from me rather than the usual mob?

Too late

Banned

I'm with the people who say clocks shouldn't go back.

The extra hour may give the op a chance to clean her house.....

doesnt tk me a week to adjust...... with the kids going toi school and all i think within 24 hours we have all adjusted. just will be gay as nr xmas it will be virtually dark when i pick them up..esp on wednesdays when DS1 has art club which finishes at 4.30....its so weird picking ur kid up from school when its pitch black!

greg_68

Darker for later in the morning? the mornings will be lighter from Sunday … Darker for later in the morning? the mornings will be lighter from Sunday onwards won't they?

yeah, no 2 must be wrong. If it gets light at 8am on Saturday, then the clocks go back 1 hour, it must follow that when it would have got light at 8am on Sunday, it will now be 7am, won't it? hence it gets light earlier and not later. oO

^^

agree

DLM

Too late

not really as wtp's comments are largely irrelevant.

^^ I think JTT was just pointing out that the days get noticeably shorter and the mornings generally get darker from now till Christmas. Rather than the negative side I like to think it's only 7 weeks to the longest day, then the days start to get longer.

dcx_badass

How is a time change 'gay'.

http://www.funkimunkibadges.co.uk/images/ITS%20GAY%20O%20CLOCK.jpg

JonnyTwoToes

ProsExtra hour in bedCons1) Darker earlier at night2) Darker for later in … ProsExtra hour in bedCons1) Darker earlier at night2) Darker for later in the morning3) Cats still want feeding on 'old' time - they just don't understand!4) Body clock takes a week or two to get used to it5) Putting all analogue clocks in the house back an hour6) Getting up at 2am to put the clocks back (well, maybe I can do it before I go to bed then)7) You know the countdown begins to bag the bargains for christmas8) We're all getting older9) Life is hard10) What's the meaning of life?11) ...............

12) Quite a lot of people die because of the time change.
13) It's gay.

^^
adressing serious issues there..i approve!

Original Poster Banned

Did you forget?
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!564086
    2. 02 priority33
    3. Leicester sack their manager!916
    4. Mercedes-Benz recalls 400,000 cars in UK over airbag fault1311

See more discussions