closing a quidco account

Found 30th Dec 2012
hi guys,

i opened up a quidco account a while back when the £50 william hill offer was on.

i have only just remembered it was there so i looked and there it was, so once it goes into my account i would like to close it.

2 questions,

1. is the admin fee a yearly thing?
2. how do i close my account?

thanks!
Community Updates
Misc
35 Comments
admin is yearly,

why dya wanna close it?
Why do you need to close it? Just don't use it if you don't want to.

Yes, £5 a year but they only take it out of your cashback. If you don't use it you don't pay it.
fattyuk

admin is yearly,why dya wanna close it?

because i dont want to keep paying the £5, plus i use TCB it is better in my view
fattyuk

admin is yearly,why dya wanna close it?

Jesus fatty! You're everywhere! Is there no escape from you? It's like somebody has just switched you on to full. You trying to oust whatsthepoint as chief first-poster?
danboi63

because i dont want to keep paying the £5, plus i use TCB it is better in … because i dont want to keep paying the £5, plus i use TCB it is better in my view

Most professional cash-backers have both. Rates often vary between the 2.
Why not use both...a lot of people do both.

How long have you had the account & how long has your £50 been waiting for you?
deeky

2nd that
deeky

i suppose that is true as you can use quidco to get the instore cashback when linked to a card...

beatrixkiddo79

Why not use both...a lot of people do both.How long have you had the … Why not use both...a lot of people do both.How long have you had the account & how long has your £50 been waiting for you?

i think its been there about 3 months now, i signed up 6 months ago tho
didn't even know there was a fee, you learn somthing evey day, time to read the small print me thinks.
IWOOTN

didn't even know there was a fee, you learn somthing evey day, time to … didn't even know there was a fee, you learn somthing evey day, time to read the small print me thinks.

It's not n the small print lol it tells you when you sign up
see link below, you need to follow it and send an email

quidco.com/hel…ll/
you dont keep paying the fee
Anth2210

you dont keep paying the fee

£5 each year mate
thanks for all your help guys :P have to wait until the first then wait until the money clears into my account but youve all bin a great help cheres
danboi63

thanks for all your help guys :P have to wait until the first then wait … thanks for all your help guys :P have to wait until the first then wait until the money clears into my account but youve all bin a great help cheres

when the cashback is confirmed from willie hill (if not already) they will take the £5 off for the year then pay you the rest in the next payment run which is every thurs

so id just keep it open for the year or if you want to close it after you get the cashback log in and contact quidcare from the help section and they will close it for you ... hth
Edited by: "hawick" 30th Dec 2012
hawick

when the cashback is confirmed from willie hill (if not already) they … when the cashback is confirmed from willie hill (if not already) they will take the £5 off for the year then pay you the rest in the next payment run which is every thursso id just keep it open for the year or if you want to close it after you get the cashback log in and contact quidcare from the help section and they will close it for you ... hth

brilliant! thanks!
I thought the £5 fee is only deducted if you earn over £5 in cash back, so no point in closing it.
deeky

Jesus fatty! You're everywhere! Is there no escape from you? It's like … Jesus fatty! You're everywhere! Is there no escape from you? It's like somebody has just switched you on to full. You trying to oust whatsthepoint as chief first-poster?

I haven't seen this goons name pop up for a damn long time and now it is all the time, usually after I post.
fattyuk

£5 each year mate

only if you earn cashback, it doesn't cost £5 a year to just have an account
aircanman

I haven't seen this goons name pop up for a damn long time and now it is … I haven't seen this goons name pop up for a damn long time and now it is all the time, usually after I post.

Has anyone said if you're not using your account you don't have to pay a fee? There's no need to close it.
fattyuk

Yer you can laugh, I am checking my locks more often at the moment because I seriously think you are stalking me.
aircanman

Yer you can laugh, I am checking my locks more often at the moment … Yer you can laugh, I am checking my locks more often at the moment because I seriously think you are stalking me.

Yer I can laugh

You posted in this thread after me!!

:
There's no £5 fee as such.

If you don't use Quidco you won't get charged £5/ year, simples lol
I suppose I could resent paying Quidco £5 a year and stop my membership.

But then I'd have to find a way to replace the £400 a year of cashback I get by using the Quidco site.

And that's just average expenditure.
I still do not have any accounts with these cashback sites, its all the same as reward/points cards to me, as in sounds like a big pain in the ass
justme2012

I still do not have any accounts with these cashback sites, its all the … I still do not have any accounts with these cashback sites, its all the same as reward/points cards to me, as in sounds like a big pain in the ass

I used to be like but it's easy!

ESP if booking holidays online and getting a fair few hundred quid back each year.
It's not remotely a pain in the ass. Nor is it similar to reward/ points cards.

It's cashback, ie a slice back to you from the purchases you make.

You channel your normal purchases through a site like Quidco and you get cashback, ie cash that gets paid every 2 weeks.

It's effectively a % discount on your normal purchases.
I might look into it and see if it really is that easy, when I buy things I just like it to be easy.
DO you have to buy through the sites, enter codes or anything?
I see people write about having to send receipts off and that frankly puts me off as it seems hassle
There are some sites we use eg airport parking that give you a 15% cashback rate, well worth having.

Plus from time to time some neat ones such as extra £30 off an already heavily discounted computer.

Not forgetting the no brainers lol
I might have to have a look into them, thanks
justme2012

I might look into it and see if it really is that easy, when I buy things … I might look into it and see if it really is that easy, when I buy things I just like it to be easy.DO you have to buy through the sites, enter codes or anything?I see people write about having to send receipts off and that frankly puts me off as it seems hassle

No receipts. Sometimes codes (but not usually).

Normally you would just click through Quidco, ie enter Quidco, type in (say) Tesco Direct and click to site, takes about 15 seconds and gives you 3% extra discount.
Edited by: "squillion" 30th Dec 2012
I will have a look into them and let you know how I get on lol, quidco and TCB, any others
There are a couple of dodgy ones so best stick to those 2 IMHO, they are the 2 main competitors and some people use both.
Cheers I will take a look

Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions