Expired

Closing Very Credit Account

Found 18th Nov 2014
Hi, It's been over two weeks & I am trying to get my Very Credit Account Closed. There is no balance on my account. Every time I ring customer services I have been advised that they will send an email to their under writing department & that department will get this closed for me with in a few days. I have emailed them several times & called them several times but no luck so far.

Can anyone please advise me that how can I get my Very Credit Closed in an efficient manner?

Thank You in advance.
Community Updates
  1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
12 Comments
Try a very critical posting or two on their Faecebook page
My wife thought she closed hers a couple of years ago after the balance was cleared and she asked them to close it.
It wasn't until about a month ago she found out it was still open. I'm just wondering if they have anything to gain by keeping old accounts open?
Original Poster
Well that will really annoy me as it's our account & we should be able to close it whenever we want.

It's not up to very to decide whether to close our account or not even though the balance is clear?
I've had dealings with these jokers before. Here are a couple of email addresses for you:

Customer Service
queries@very.co.uk
network@veryhq.co.uk

CEO of Shop Direct(Very/Littlewoods/Isme/Woolworths)
alex.baldock@shopdirect.com

I'd send an email directly to their CEO, you'll probably get a response from their executive complaints team.

elaine.crispin@shopdirect.com - Executive Complaint Handler

Their address, should you need it, is:

Shop Direct Limited
First Floor
Skyways House
Speke Road
Speke
Liverpool
L70 1AB
Edited by: "P_nnyPinch_r" 18th Nov 2014
B1zarr0Prim3

My wife thought she closed hers a couple of years ago after the balance … My wife thought she closed hers a couple of years ago after the balance was cleared and she asked them to close it.It wasn't until about a month ago she found out it was still open. I'm just wondering if they have anything to gain by keeping old accounts open?

More chance that you would order from them on impulse if your account is still active.
What happens is that the account is closed, you cannot order from it but you are still able to log into your account in order to see past statements.

I can still log in but all accounts have been removed from my "open" accounts on my credit report.
Original Poster
Sent an email again to all the addresses stated above.

Let's see what happens.

Thank You.
This happened to me with IsMe who I believe are part of the same company. Absolute nightmare but eventually got it closed after about 4 weeks.
Original Poster
sparky111091

This happened to me with IsMe who I believe are part of the same company. … This happened to me with IsMe who I believe are part of the same company. Absolute nightmare but eventually got it closed after about 4 weeks.

How did you got it closed? By ringing them or via email?
Hi all,

I hope this helps...

I have literally just got off of the phone from speaking to Very Customer Services (0344 822 2321).

You will go through a few automated questions - account number, date of birth etc - but then you will be given the chance to be put through to an advisor.

I spoke to a person who put me though to the 'account closing team' and after asking a couple of questions, I just said that I would simply like to close the account, as I did not think I'd be using it anymore.

The advisor told me that I would not be able to re-open or re-apply for a Very account for 12 months after closing this account.

He also told me that it would take approximately two weeks to shut the account down in full (he said this was not VERY being slow - it was simply the case of informing credit agencies that you no longer have a Very account).

He also said that your ONLINE account WOULD remain open - but this is ONLY so that can could log in and view your records - all your past Very purchases, account details etc etc.

You would not be able to make any Very purchases or anything - your account WOULD effectively be closed.

I hope this helps all of you somewhat. I do feel that by following this route / going through this process, your Very account will be effectively closed.

I hope this helps. Good luck!
Any update on this? Thinking of opening an account but not if it's so hard to cancel.
How difficult is it to open multiple very accounts to take advantage of this offer as I already have one. Doesn't seem to let me do it
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions