Expired

Clothes rail vs wardrobe

Found 4th Nov 2014
I would like to know whether a clothes rail or a wardrobe hold more clothes assuming that they are both the same width.

Votes please.

Pic in first post.
Community Updates
AskWardrobeClothes
13 Comments
Original Poster
http://www.shopfittingwarehouse.co.uk/images/heavy-duty-clothes-rail-5ft-wide-black-p98-6659_image.jpg

http://www.fads.co.uk/assets/images/cached/img/1000x750/f6b8e1e31f48754f5ddff67a02e10e4a/product/felix-oak-2-door-2-drawer-wardrobe_1346856453.jpg
For your bedroom? Would you rail want just a clothing rail on show?
Depends on teh quality of them both. Had a clothes rail and it was fine for a while then it collapsed! Hard to move too without it wanting to tip over.

Got wardrobes from Ikea and they have so much stuff hanging from the rails yet no problems. Wardrobe gets my vote.
Good to see that you're picking up the slack in the ask section mutters. I'm sure mboora will thank you on his return.

You just can't find a good quality troll these days.

Edited by: "RossD89" 4th Nov 2014
Original Poster
XOXJADEXOX

For your bedroom? Would you rail want just a clothing rail on show?

i know. the clothes rail does not look nice but it may look better when there are clothes on it?

i prefer the wardrobe but the room is small so space is important. if i can convince myself that the clothes rail would allow more clothes than the wardrobe i could justify it for the space but i think the amount of clothes in either would be the same.

Comment

mutley1

i know. the clothes rail does not look nice but it may look better when … i know. the clothes rail does not look nice but it may look better when there are clothes on it?i prefer the wardrobe but the room is small so space is important. if i can convince myself that the clothes rail would allow more clothes than the wardrobe i could justify it for the space but i think the amount of clothes in either would be the same.

I dunno because you could put boxes on too of the wardrobe and fold stuff inside the bottom and you have the draws

Comment

XOXJADEXOX

CommentI dunno because you could put boxes on too of the wardrobe and … CommentI dunno because you could put boxes on too of the wardrobe and fold stuff inside the bottom and you have the draws

Top not too
Is there a reason why you do not want to put clothes in the wardrobe?
http://www.newsbiscuit.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/355-wardrobe-man.jpg
Original Poster
XOXJADEXOX

CommentTop not too

yeah, worked that one out. these blooming predictive text are never very reliable! X)
Original Poster
XOXJADEXOX

CommentI dunno because you could put boxes on too of the wardrobe and … CommentI dunno because you could put boxes on too of the wardrobe and fold stuff inside the bottom and you have the draws

you've convinced me. i would have to agree.
I have ikea ones that you can add bits and pieces to in their Komplement range plus instead of doors, I used voile to hide the clothes. It means you don't need to have space for the doors opening as you just pull the voile panels to one side.
If they are the same width then they will hold the same amount of clothes?!
spiderbifida

If they are the same width then they will hold the same amount of … If they are the same width then they will hold the same amount of clothes?!

exactly

Another daftest question of the day awarded to the op
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions