Clouds Memory foam Mattress on Groupon

Found 14th Jul 2011
Does anybody think this mattress will be any good?, anybody used Clouds before?

Thansk
Community Updates
559 Comments
We've removed the Groupon deal link for this one, but you should always satisfy yourselves that you are happy with any retailer before handing over your payment details - check the retailers contact details, the registration info of the website, look up their company details at companies House (all free services available to the public) etc and with any new retailer look for customer feedback for them on the internet.

http://www.cloudsmemoryfoam.com/contact-us

Clouds Memory Foam LtdSuite 250162-168 Regent StreetLondonW1B 5TD

Edited by: "sigma" 14th Jul 2011
If you google that address its just a mail forwarding company.
Edited by: "Goonieman" 14th Jul 2011
So in this case they don't have a 'real' contact address listed where you could get in touch with them (visit / write etc) if you were to have any feedback issues. And they are listed as 'Ltd' but the name isn't registered at companies house - just two of the reasons we removed the Groupon one for them
Hi...what i should do???? im really worried!!! Ive ordered the £250 mattress from gropon and was going to put the order in with clouds at 2pm monday when the offer becomes active... but ive looked into the company and cant find out much! Apart from the offical site i cant find anything on the "clould matteress" can anyone give me any advice on what i should do???

Thanks
Yeah, I've ordered 2 matttresses also but I think they should be ok as I'm sure Groupon have checked them out first...
Was it £250 for a single mattress?
Goonieman

Was it £250 for a single mattress?

lets hope not! you can get better king size mattress (3" memory foam / 10" mattress layer) on ebay for £150!

the groupon deal is a complete rip-off
Edited by: "csiman" 18th Jul 2011
csiman

lets hope not! you can get better king size mattress (3" memory foam / … lets hope not! you can get better king size mattress (3" memory foam / 10" mattress layer) on ebay for £150!the groupon deal is a complete rip-off

That's why i was asking, the original price is £799 for a single which is just ridiculous!
i have ordered a mattress too, I think £250 is a good price for any momory foam mattresses and if the original price is from £799. to over £1,000 then must be good quality (even though most retailers bumped prices up for promos). groupon sold £4533!!!
their site is very slow to load..... 4533 of us trying to order!
That website doesn't say £800 single bed quality matresses to me, I think they have just plucked that figure out of mid air then put a 'massive' reduction on it and sold into the thousands of gullible groupon members who see 'xx% off' and think it must be good.
How can 4500 people buy a bed from a company you can't find any reviews of the bed on.
There sure are some simple people out there.
lenlewi

i have ordered a mattress too, I think £250 is a good price for any … i have ordered a mattress too, I think £250 is a good price for any momory foam mattresses and if the original price is from £799. to over £1,000 then must be good quality (even though most retailers bumped prices up for promos). groupon sold £4533!!! their site is very slow to load..... 4533 of us trying to order!

Rubbish, you could have have a decent brand for less.
mattressman.co.uk/mem…spx
not for a superking size!
Admittedly the super king size for £250 seems a good deal, but even then there are no / very few reviews about their beds which I would want to see before purchasing and how can anyone sell matresses at the same price for a single as a super king size, doesn't seem right.
greg_68

Admittedly the super king size for £250 seems a good deal, but even then … Admittedly the super king size for £250 seems a good deal, but even then there are no / very few reviews about their beds which I would want to see before purchasing and how can anyone sell matresses at the same price for a single as a super king size, doesn't seem right.

Probably because they'll be cheap crap!
The problem is with memory foam matresses is what do you compare them too, if you bought this and didn't think it was a comfortable as you thought it would be then I wouldn't know if it was me or the bed. I guess a lot of people may just put up with an inferior memory foam matress and just not think they are that good. I am looking at getting onne atm and I am concerned about which one is the best and what to look out for.
I know csiman always chips in with his ebay one being great in memory foam threads but the choice on ebay is bewildering, not helped by the fact that most feedabcks say 'great service, delivered next day'. i'm not intesrested in the delivery service I want to know what the matress was like....lol.
well, let hope it is a good deal and not crap! i had many good deals from groupon, guess wouldnt consider if it was through another source. fingers crossed.
greg_68

The problem is with memory foam matresses is what do you compare them … The problem is with memory foam matresses is what do you compare them too, if you bought this and didn't think it was a comfortable as you thought it would be then I wouldn't know if it was me or the bed. I guess a lot of people may just put up with an inferior memory foam matress and just not think they are that good. I am looking at getting onne atm and I am concerned about which one is the best and what to look out for.I know csiman always chips in with his ebay one being great in memory foam threads but the choice on ebay is bewildering, not helped by the fact that most feedabcks say 'great service, delivered next day'. i'm not intesrested in the delivery service I want to know what the matress was like....lol.

If you want to be sure of comfort and quality there's only one way to go and that's Tempur. They are expensive but you know the old adage. I'm about 6 years into my 15 year warranty and it's exactly the same as it was when I bought it.

yeah. tempur is one of the best and original company to launch memory foam mattresses.
I bought in to the groupon offer too. I'm now getting a bit worried. I've found a thread on another forum saying the website address was only registered on the 20th of June so it appears to have been created just for this purpose?
you can still cancel, within 7 days. I am gonna sleep on it and decide tomorrow
lenlewi

you can still cancel, within 7 days. I am gonna sleep on it and decide … you can still cancel, within 7 days. I am gonna sleep on it and decide tomorrow

Boom boom!!
the site has crashed due to the high volume of groupon buyers all after their matresses at the same time- this is posted on the " contact us " section=

.Dear Groupon Customers - Firstly, our sincerest apologies.
The Groupon deal was extremely popular and as such we had a huge surge of traffic, over 5,000 users, all trying to use our site at the same time. This lead to the web site crashing and the problems I am sure you have all experienced.

We have temporarily disabled the mattress page to slow down the traffic on the site while we resolve the issues.

DO NOT WORRY! THERE ARE NO ISSUES WITH THE DEAL OR WITH STOCK, AND ONCE THE VOLUME OF TRAFFIC ON OUR SITE SLIGHTLY DIES DOWN, YOU WILL BE ABLE TO PLACE YOUR ORDER AS NORMAL. THIS WILL RESULT IN AN ORDER DELAY OF JUST A DAY OR 2.

For all payments that went through we will be in touch today to confirm your order.

Clouds Memory Foam
P.S. We will be offering some great discounted goodies as a compensation, thanks again for your patience

Clouds Memory Foam Ltd

Suite 250
162-168 Regent Street
London
W1B 5TD

Email: contact@cloudsmemoryfoam.com
Tel: (+44) 203 086 7423 (9am - 5pm)

iv got an order in- nowt to fret about- especially if you used a credit card to buy !
After paying £250 the website has a permanent, undated message saying "Come back tomorrow." We all know tomorrow never comes...
Wow - Shocking from Groupon tbh...
4477 sold!

£1,119,250 oO

Nice little earner.............I forecast another Groupon horror story.
Subscribes
I wonder to what extent groupon are accountable for these sort of deals, surely you would have thought the sellers would have to go through quite stringent checks to make sure they can deliver the amount sold, you'd think groupon would insist on it as it is their name that gets tarnished not the seller really, how many of those 4500 are going to return to groupon if this fails to be completed. In turn their stories will be spread across the net, very damaging to groupon I would have thought, especially being a national deal.
Update - the site now seems to have gone altogether, along with my £250 no doubt.

Looks like I'll be sleeping in the dog house while the wife takes the couch, screaming at me for being so gullible.
Not listed in their previous national deals for some reason X)

I hope all the money is covered and buyers receive a full refund if no bed.
Actually, the mattress in this dog house isn't too bad. Maybe if I redesign it using memory foam, start a website, contact Groupon....

Reaching for the calculator, whats 4500 x £250? ..... ooo an overnight millionaire! Quick, let me tell the wife about my latest idea...
greg_68

I wonder to what extent groupon are accountable for these sort of deals, … I wonder to what extent groupon are accountable for these sort of deals, surely you would have thought the sellers would have to go through quite stringent checks to make sure they can deliver the amount sold, you'd think groupon would insist on it as it is their name that gets tarnished not the seller really, how many of those 4500 are going to return to groupon if this fails to be completed. In turn their stories will be spread across the net, very damaging to groupon I would have thought, especially being a national deal.

That's what Groupon got slated for on Watchdog. There are loads of people that have brought things like hotel stays or spa treatments and can't use them as they sold more than the business could handle.

LINK to the original page on Groupon
Edited by: "Syzable" 19th Jul 2011
Just re-read the link and see it's 4471 sold not 4477...........have groupon got a deal for specsavers??
Syzable

Just re-read the link and see it's 4471 sold not 4477...........have … Just re-read the link and see it's 4471 sold not 4477...........have groupon got a deal for specsavers??

I'm just hoping that I'm one of those 6 extra gullible fools that you invented!

That's been there for days on and off. Think it's just a bog standard holding page.

It may well be genuine but who carries over 4000 Memory Foam Mattresses in stock?? At best they'll have to order direct from manufacure which will take quite a while as well.

greg_68

At least the sites backDear Groupon Customers - Firstly, our sincerest … At least the sites backDear Groupon Customers - Firstly, our sincerest apologies. The Groupon deal was extremely popular and as such we had a huge surge of traffic, over 5,000 users, all trying to use our site at the same time. This lead to the web site crashing and the problems I am sure you have all experienced. Please return tomorrow. It will not help the issue if you keep trying to put your order through. We greatly apologise for this inconvenience, you will get your mattress.DO NOT WORRY! THERE ARE NO ISSUES WITH THE DEAL OR WITH STOCK, AND ONCE THE VOLUME OF TRAFFIC ON OUR SITE SLIGHTLY DIES DOWN, YOU WILL BE ABLE TO PLACE YOUR ORDER AS NORMAL. THIS WILL RESULT IN AN ORDER DELAY OF JUST A DAY OR 2.For all payments that went through we will be in touch today to confirm your order. Clouds Memory Foam

Syzable

Just re-read the link and see it's 4471 sold not 4477...........have … Just re-read the link and see it's 4471 sold not 4477...........have groupon got a deal for specsavers??

If you paid by Credit Card or even Visa Debit you will be covered.
Yeah greg_68, but I see the "Come back tomorrow" still has no date! I wouldn't get your hopes up.

What was that song:

"You don't get something for nothing
You can't have freedom for free
You won't get wise with the sleep still in your eyes
No matter what your dream might be"

At least with no mattress I'll have no sleep in my eyes, and no dreams...
guliful

Yeah greg_68, but I see the "Come back tomorrow" still has no date! I … Yeah greg_68, but I see the "Come back tomorrow" still has no date! I wouldn't get your hopes up.What was that song:"You don't get something for nothingYou can't have freedom for freeYou won't get wise with the sleep still in your eyesNo matter what your dream might be"At least with no mattress I'll have no sleep in my eyes, and no dreams...

But you may end up with Freedom from the wife X)
Syzable

But you may end up with Freedom from the wife X)

Till death do us part....which might be soon unless I can get my £250 back before I receive what will now most likely be a floormat rather than a mattress.

Thanks TUSSFC for the link. What a con!

Maybe this will see the dawn of a new form of retailing. Internet buying has its risks, so how about a brand new method...let's call it dotshop. You go to a physical place, where you look at and touch physical products, which physically exist. You know who you're buying from and can sense whether you might trust them: is it Vincent from the Apprentice, or Tom? You swap your cash (because evil banks also no longer exist in my dreams) for the product, and walk out with it. Could it catch on d'you reckon, or is it just a mad dream of this gullible fool?
Anyone know whether the buyers are definitely covered, I'd assume they would be as they paid by card.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants