Co-Op Self Checkouts

Found 15th Jul
Don't you find it annoying when the self checkouts only requires card?

There's a massive que at Co-Op and it would only be quicker if you could pay both ways using cash and card.

Smh.
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
What is this ‘cash’ you speak of?
20 Comments
Not really, most people pay with card nowadays. Card is far quicker too, paying with cash causes delays and self-checkout is in place for speed of payment.

Every single Co-op I've been to has never had a big queue, with loads of self-service tills never being used (if there are any at all). You must be visiting a Co-op either an isolated place with only 1 shop or a really busy city!
andy18618610 m ago

Money.
samirahman33 m ago

Money.

I don't think they were being serious, just trying to emphasise how little cash is used in the modern age.
Edited by: "jamie015" 15th Jul
I have card, but I prefer using cash.
They’re a lot smaller than the ones that accept cash. Cheaper and more convenient for space in the shop.
i have seen a Co-Op that has cash self checkouts in a high student area however the new ones in another area which is cash heavy (high benefit area) is card only, i do find it strange.
Self service check outs are for retailer benefit not customer benefit foremost. I don't shop in the co op , but the only ones near me are small stores , it would make sense for any self service check outs to be card only if they had them , because I expect they are quicker to balance at the end of the day and don't need as much staff involvement.
No
Cash takes to much effort and cost for shops which is why some will offer cashback. Money from till is taken out and placed in bank every time cashback is requested. It's brilliant for shops and pubs and clubs. Cash costs to count, take to bank and a charge to pay in.
Edited by: "wayners" 16th Jul
quite a few vendors in my local boxpark (Brixton ) do not take cash at all the savings in not having to deal with the cash far out weigh any lost trade
I hate cash, and tend to not ever carry it.

99% of my purchases are made with either Google Pay on my phone, Samsung Pay on my watch, or with my Contactless card.
preecey4 h, 26 m ago

I hate cash, and tend to not ever carry it.99% of my purchases are made …I hate cash, and tend to not ever carry it.99% of my purchases are made with either Google Pay on my phone, Samsung Pay on my watch, or with my Contactless card.

Same here. I wanted to buy something for a quid in the local corner shop but I didn't even have a £1 coin as I'm so used to to paying by card - they said card machine has a £3 minimum so I had to walk out.
Edited by: "jamie015" 16th Jul
jamie0152 h, 9 m ago

Same here. I wanted to buy something for a quid in the local corner shop …Same here. I wanted to buy something for a quid in the local corner shop but I didn't even have a £1 coin as I'm so used to to paying by card - they said card machine has a £3 minimum so I had to walk out.

Everyone should have cash and card with them.
Edited by: "samirahman3" 16th Jul
samirahman312 m ago

I usually have £10, but I didn't at that point.
samirahman32 h, 31 m ago

I carry a £20 note rolled up in a little capsule connected to my key ring, similar to the picture below. This is only for emergency purposes though, and I never use it if a certain retailer doesn't accept card payments under a certain amount. If that does happen, I visit the retailer next door or a few doors down, who happily takes cards regardless of transaction value.

That £20 is only for exceptional circumstances, like in the unlikely circumstance if I lose my wallet and my phone but not my keys.

34379877-tZVqd.jpg
Edited by: "preecey" 16th Jul
preecey1 h, 2 m ago

I carry a £20 note rolled up in a little capsule connected to my key ring, …I carry a £20 note rolled up in a little capsule connected to my key ring, similar to the picture below. This is only for emergency purposes though, and I never use it if a certain retailer doesn't accept card payments under a certain amount. If that does happen, I visit the retailer next door or a few doors down, who happily takes cards regardless of transaction value.That £20 is only for exceptional circumstances, like in the unlikely circumstance if I lose my wallet and my phone but not my keys. [Image]

Cool
samirahman320 h, 42 m ago

You must be single! have you ever heard of partner doing a self service on your wallet?
gcmarcal18 m ago

You must be single! have you ever heard of partner doing a self service on …You must be single! have you ever heard of partner doing a self service on your wallet?

I am single.
preecey19 h, 39 m ago

I carry a £20 note rolled up in a little capsule connected to my key ring, …I carry a £20 note rolled up in a little capsule connected to my key ring, similar to the picture below. This is only for emergency purposes though, and I never use it if a certain retailer doesn't accept card payments under a certain amount. If that does happen, I visit the retailer next door or a few doors down, who happily takes cards regardless of transaction value.That £20 is only for exceptional circumstances, like in the unlikely circumstance if I lose my wallet and my phone but not my keys. [Image]

That's a "Papillon" style safe that you have in there.
Edited by: "gcmarcal" 17th Jul
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions