Groups

Coalition Gov, Good So Far? Capable?

Does anyone else notice a lack of professionalism with this government?
    Little things I've seen that worry me!

George Osborne (chancellor) walking past number 11 then side stepping back to the door.
    Vince Cable, walking out of Downing Street with the driver of his car shouting "Sir! Sir!, you cars here!"
    The Government asking US what to do regarding laws!?
    David Laws being placed in the cabinet (Chief Secretary to the Treasury) axing the Child Trust Fund to save money whilst claiming £10,000's by paying his "secret lover" rent.
    Michael Goves blunder yesterday regarding schools.

Whatever your views on the last lot. This just says to me, incompetent!?

19 Comments

That if it hadn't been a coalition and the Torys had got in fully we would probably all be in workhouses while MP's went 'poor' hunting on horseback for fun.

one word "corrupt"

why is there a need to pay experiences to fly round the world meeting other cheeses?
    USE THE BLOOMIN FONE

Banned

great stuff so far in getting the workshy working again for their benefits - love it lol

csiman

great stuff so far in getting the workshy working again for their … great stuff so far in getting the workshy working again for their benefits - love it lol

I do like that bit

csiman

great stuff so far in getting the workshy working again for their … great stuff so far in getting the workshy working again for their benefits - love it lol

By making hundreds of thousands of public sector workers unemployed?

That'll make getting a job easier.

Not loving it....

Banned

Ungreat

By making hundreds of thousands of public sector workers … By making hundreds of thousands of public sector workers unemployed?That'll make getting a job easier.

country is skint and cant afford them - end of.

Blame LABOUR!

You get what you vote for, init?

but the way they making the Job seekers benefit people work for basically £1 odd an hour in a normal Job to give them "experience" means the government is getting cheap labour and they will clear loads of full paid workers to put this lot in a work experience place for 10% of the cost of others!

Tories are loving every minute of being in govt. The deficit has given them the perfect excuse to decimate public services (which they hate) in fact they seem to announce every cut with a gleeful look in their eye.......

Job creation outstripping the job losses? thats a joke and as for the funds to set up free schools for pushy middle-class parents (which is being removed from other educational funding eg free school meals) thats just plain stupid.

However you expect that from the Tories - its the Lib Dems who have sold out and will probably lose a sizeable chunk of their vote next time. Best summed up by Newsbiscuit
    newsbiscuit.com/201…ns/

Just out of interest if the Lib Dems lose the referendum about voting change (likely considering the other 2 parties will campaign against) are they going to take their bat and ball home and end the coalition?

David Laws being placed in the cabinet (Chief Secretary to the Treasury) … David Laws being placed in the cabinet (Chief Secretary to the Treasury) axing the Child Trust Fund to save money whilst claiming £10,000's by paying his "secret lover" rent.

Just enhancing his tory credentials.

But in reality, the 2 mainstream parties are virtually the same and the third has been swamped.

There needs to be a Revolutionary Labour party, for any real 'change' to happen.

gari189

Tories are loving every minute of being in govt. The deficit has given … Tories are loving every minute of being in govt. The deficit has given them the perfect excuse to decimate public services (which they hate) in fact they seem to announce every cut with a gleeful look in their eye.......Job creation outstripping the job losses? thats a joke and as for the funds to set up free schools for pushy middle-class parents (which is being removed from other educational funding eg free school meals) thats just plain stupid.However you expect that from the Tories - its the Lib Dems who have sold out and will probably lose a sizeable chunk of their vote next time. Best summed up by Newsbiscuit http://www.newsbiscuit.com/2010/06/04/nick-clegg-to-play-with-tiny-steering-wheel-during-prime-minister%E2%80%99s-questions/ Just out of interest if the Lib Dems lose the referendum about voting change (likely considering the other 2 parties will campaign against) are they going to take their bat and ball home and end the coalition?

Indeed

Ungreat

By making hundreds of thousands of public sector workers … By making hundreds of thousands of public sector workers unemployed?That'll make getting a job easier.

May not make getting a job easier but it's about time we culled the ridiculous head count in the public sector - for too long Labour have hidden the true jobless figure by creating multiple layers of management and consultants to manage the workers and ridiculous jobs paid out of our council tax (cheerleading manager anyone!!).

Yes, it will be tough for a lot of people but the country can't afford to carry the amount of chaff we have in the public sector therefore it has to be done. It's about time the public sector operated under the same rules as the commercial world and stopped all the cosy/political arrangements going on.

Dave

gari189

Tories are loving every minute of being in govt. The deficit has given … Tories are loving every minute of being in govt. The deficit has given them the perfect excuse to decimate public services (which they hate) in fact they seem to announce every cut with a gleeful look in their eye.......Job creation outstripping the job losses? thats a joke and as for the funds to set up free schools for pushy middle-class parents (which is being removed from other educational funding eg free school meals) thats just plain stupid.However you expect that from the Tories - its the Lib Dems who have sold out and will probably lose a sizeable chunk of their vote next time. Best summed up by Newsbiscuit http://www.newsbiscuit.com/2010/06/04/nick-clegg-to-play-with-tiny-steering-wheel-during-prime-minister%E2%80%99s-questions/ Just out of interest if the Lib Dems lose the referendum about voting change (likely considering the other 2 parties will campaign against) are they going to take their bat and ball home and end the coalition?

spot on

Breaking news on SKY, David Cameron emerges from No 10 and walks straight past his car where Nick Clegg is shouting "Sir! Sir!, your cars here!" - forcing him to have to side step back to it.

Avert your eyes, worrying times ahead! oO

Because these are the things we should really be worrying about. :|.

it'll get worse. My cousin (financial sector) & my friend (on contract for 2 years in public sector) were both made redundant last week. Charity I work for (unpaid) is £1 million down on takings already this year.

chalkysoil

it'll get worse. My cousin (financial sector) & my friend (on contract … it'll get worse. My cousin (financial sector) & my friend (on contract for 2 years in public sector) were both made redundant last week. Charity I work for (unpaid) is £1 million down on takings already this year.

Many people who work in the private sector are pleased to see a cut in the public sector but some of them don't realise it will affect the private sector pretty hard too. All those large public sector contracts, for building works, IT projects, consultancy will be the first to be hit (and have been) which is why the private sector will also suffer especially as over the past 20 years more and more has been contracted out to the private sector.....

I totally agree with everything that you have said Gari.
    The austerity is not going to be very nice for anyone ordinary; I exclude such as the bosses of RailTrack with their huge bonuses. There was an article in the IOS by Joseph Stiglitz, the Nobel prizewinner who predicted the global crisis, delivering his verdict on the Chancellor's first Budget and saying how it will take the UK deeper into recession and hit millions – the poorest – badly
    article here
    Chilling thoughts, which unfortunately tally with what I thought and I fear that the Labour gov strategy may have been the right one.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. WHY CANT I JUST TYPE IN THE TEXT BOX67
      2. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …3871520
      3. If you had £50,000 to start a business what would it be ?2240
      4. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17436163

See more discussions