Coca Cola 2L bottles in all flavours will be reduced to clear as of Wednesday

Found 1st Mar 2014
Hello coke lovers,

There is some good news and some bad news..

Ok lets start with the bad.. as of Wednesdays the 5th Coca cola will no longer be producing or distributing their famous Coca cola 2L sized bottles.. they will now be fronting a new 1.75L size.. I don't have any idea of the new cost but I presume will most probably stay around the same

and now to the good news..

I work at a supermarket and I have been informed that as of Wednesday 5th march Coca cola 2L will be reduced to clear(Price again not known) at all supermarkets stocking it, so if you love cherry coke, diet coke, coke zero, original coke or any flavour in the 2L size, they will need to be all shifted for the new size.. so if your looking to buy some coke then 05/03/14 would be the day to..

Hope this will help some people

Thanks..
Community Updates
MiscCokeCola
44 Comments
supermod

I have been informed that as of Wednesday 5th march Coca cola 2L will be … I have been informed that as of Wednesday 5th march Coca cola 2L will be reduced to clear(Price again not known)

thanks for posting, moved to misc as a heads up as there is no price information available currently
Banned
what store do u work at

so if your looking to buy some coke then 05/03/14 would be the day to..

I'll keep that in mind *sniff*
How is this stuff even popular? It tastes awful.
RossD89

How is this stuff even popular? It tastes awful.

Blasphemy!
steve019

Blasphemy!

What do you suggest I do as penance?

I'm not touching that stuff before you say I drink some X)
RossD89

What do you suggest I do as penance?I'm not touching that stuff before … What do you suggest I do as penance?I'm not touching that stuff before you say I drink some X)

I don't know.

Do you not like colas or is it just coke you don't like?
steve019

I don't know. Do you not like colas or is it just coke you don't like?

I don't like cola in general.
RossD89

I don't like cola in general.

Fair enough!
Aren't taste buds strange? I actually don't like genuine "Coke" and find it too sweet and it leaves a 'sticky' feeling on my teeth afterwards. As well as it's quite expensive. On the other hand, Morrisons 'Value' cola @ 17p for 2ltrs is really nice with no aftertaste.

And it's an excellent value toilet cleaner too!
RossD89

What do you suggest I do as penance?I'm not touching that stuff before … What do you suggest I do as penance?I'm not touching that stuff before you say I drink some X)

My wife said the very same to me last night. Spooky.
miikeyblue

My wife said the very same to me last night. Spooky.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/double-take.gif
Another company making products smaller whilst maintaining or increasing the price! I don't buy these but those that do ought to boycott them for a month. They'd soon change their mind if the new bottles sat on the shelf untouched!
unreality

Another company making products smaller whilst maintaining or increasing … Another company making products smaller whilst maintaining or increasing the price! I don't buy these but those that do ought to boycott them for a month. They'd soon change their mind if the new bottles sat on the shelf untouched!

It's just assumed that the cost will stay the same - until it's fact, it's probably a bit early to be calling for a boycott. I personally welcome the move - I love coke, and find it far too easy to drink, a smaller bottle will be far better for my health!
miikeyblue

It's just assumed that the cost will stay the same - until it's fact, … It's just assumed that the cost will stay the same - until it's fact, it's probably a bit early to be calling for a boycott. I personally welcome the move - I love coke, and find it far too easy to drink, a smaller bottle will be far better for my health!

yup, health wise its probably a good thing - but 1.5l have been available for a while but I've always gone 2L or cans

but they should be a reduced price from the 2L

but these will still be offered at the £1 'sale' price or 3 for £3 im sure
buggles

yup, health wise its probably a good thing - but 1.5l have been available … yup, health wise its probably a good thing - but 1.5l have been available for a while but I've always gone 2L or cans but they should be a reduced price from the 2Lbut these will still be offered at the £1 'sale' price or 3 for £3 im sure

I've tried to drop the 500ml bottles in favour of a can now. I don't drink hot drinks at all, I find squash and water fairly boring but anything 'better' tends to be more expensive - I work a lot of awkard hours and find the coke keeps me awake, but could do with smaller amounts!
05/03/14 - Make sure you get there early.. there is sure to be a line oO
5nowman

05/03/14 - Make sure you get there early.. there is sure to be a line oO

I see what you did there 'snowman'
Flodd

I'll keep that in mind *sniff*

he was talking about the stuff u drink NOT the stuff u snort thru a £50 note
kick_u_in_the_nuts

he was talking about the stuff u drink NOT the stuff u snort thru a £50 … he was talking about the stuff u drink NOT the stuff u snort thru a £50 note

Thanks for clarifying. I didn't know you could get 2l bottles of cocaine.
miikeyblue

Thanks for clarifying. I didn't know you could get 2l bottles of cocaine.

Get with the times!

They even sell it in vending machines these days (_;)

Albeit, not in 2l bottles

http://pretprieel.nl/pictures/futurama_crack_vending_machine.jpg

20g vials X)
Edited by: "DestinyCalls815" 1st Mar 2014
DestinyCalls815

Get with the times!They even sell it in vending machines these days (_;)

Like I said, I've only seen 500ml bottles, a habit I'm trying to kick.
miikeyblue

You'll get there mate. You'll get there
miikeyblue

I'm on Aldi coke, it's spelt slightly differently but the effects are much the same (wife's left me, stealing from mates, etc, etc..)
People say I've got a coke problem. Truth is I just like the way it smells...
Thanks for the heads up. Will stock up.
This article seems to suggest that supermarkets will still be selling 2L bottles but you won't be able to get them in smaller stores, corner shops etc.

http://www.thegrocer.co.uk/companies/brands/coca-cola/indies-blast-cokes-move-to-ditch-2-litre-from-c-stores/235967.article

Also states price-marked 1.75L bottles will be £1.79.

I wish I could get my wife off her diet-coke addiction. She usually gets through a 2L bottle a day. :-(
Doh. That article is from 2013. Silly me.
The 1.75l bottles I've seen at work today were price marked £1.89 - must be adjusted for inflation ...
Zardoz

I wish I could get my wife off her diet-coke addiction. She usually gets … I wish I could get my wife off her diet-coke addiction. She usually gets through a 2L bottle a day. :-(

Aww, she must be stick thin
It a shame I love Coke and not a shame to say it,I am a recovering alcoholic and coke it now my fix,well..;)
The 1.75L has been watered down and it don't have the same taste as the 2L did I got a 1.75L that other day it was disgusting.
It just gone up in price to in the small shops from £1.79 to £1.85,You were able to get 2 for 2.80.
so that will be why at the weekend my local ASDA had no 2lt bottles just the 1.75 ones
unreality

Another company making products smaller whilst maintaining or increasing … Another company making products smaller whilst maintaining or increasing the price! I don't buy these but those that do ought to boycott them for a month. They'd soon change their mind if the new bottles sat on the shelf untouched!

I don't recall the last time i bought coca cola at the "regular" price.
if its on offer at half price or bogof I will dabble for a sugar hit.
that's what everyone should do and as a knock on effect either the offers will be more readily available or they will reduce the price.

this reducing the bottle is merely to allow them to give less for the same price as even they realise that increasing the price anymore will make it "visually" too expensive.
deeky

Aww, she must be stick thin

not to mention full of wind,, euwww
Banned
Lol at people moaning at smaller sizes or larger price tags.

It's as if they've never heard of inflation (_;)
Banned
Should sell 2l as well to see which sells best
still same price at resco at 1:30 am today wed
I loved Coke. I love the way it tastes, the fizz, the bubbles, everything. But whenever I drink it I can pretty much feel it rotting my teeth. I had to give it up. I'll miss you. We've had some good times together, but I think we have to move on.
crates of 1.5l in at our local now. Two for £2 at Tesco
Edited by: "backyard" 2nd Apr 2014
Banned
Oh no! Less liquid diabeetus.. what a shame
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions