Groups

COD 4 on xbox live any multiplayer tips?

Have just started playing this on live and have got to level 5 Lance corporal, but are there any good tips for levelling-up please? Red dot sights would be good for a start.
    looked at a few guides, but most of them list level achievements rather than useful hints. Sick of getting my butt kicked by high school kids!
    Anyone want to invite me to a game later, my tag is J9STL. (good cannon fodder at the mo!)

74 Comments

you have to earn red dot sights by killing 25 enemies with the gun of your choice, try using sub or light machine guns as they are easy to use and fire lots of bullets :-D

Go through each gun starting from the top of the list, just get the 150 kills required per gun, don;t worry about the headshots till later. Have your classes made to reflect the guns you need to get the 150 kills, works out about 1350 points per 150 kills you will level kinda quick.

Original Poster

princessboo;2257318

you have to earn red dot sights by killing 25 enemies with the gun of … you have to earn red dot sights by killing 25 enemies with the gun of your choice, try using sub or light machine guns as they are easy to use and fire lots of bullets :-D

I have had a few kills, but at times I picked up a victim's gun after and used it as it was better. Maybe need to stick to the one gun as you say :thumbsup:

playing different matches like team death match and free for all to get easy unlocks and level ups too, choose your perks wisely, martydom is a good one to use

Use the M4 carbine with grenade launcher or the RPD on Hardcore mode. This mode is so much better than the normal one and you can rack up a lot of points quickly, especially if you get on the winning team of search and destroy. Use the mp5 in close quarters maps. Use the UAV Jammer perk in hardcore mode as stopping power makes no difference in hardcore, most guns are 1 shot 1 kill. What time you thinking of playing? I'll be on in about 15 mins, gamertag is WaywardTaoist

Best tip is be on my team :lol: ....... you win more games than you loose - quite often when you come across kids that use jugganaught I'll team up with someone and they'll follow up my sniper shots with finishing them off with a machine gun, you'll get the kill points and the winning bonus. try to complete some of the easier challenges first - they're worth more xp.

Seriously though, best bet is just get yourself familiar with the maps and find out which guns and perks work best for your style of play for that map.

Original Poster

princessboo;2257344

playing different matches like team death match and free for all to get … playing different matches like team death match and free for all to get easy unlocks and level ups too, choose your perks wisely, martydom is a good one to use

I read of one unlock that you jump 30 feet to your death for points!

Play Search and Destroy for more points per kill, join up with some good people while you learn, try out all different classes and perks. Learn the maps there are some very obvious spots people will kill you from.

Learn the easy ways onto the roofs and hard to get places asap.

NEVER run forward in the first 10 seconds of a search and destroy match unless you wish to have a hail of grenades land on you.

J9STL;2257355

I read of one unlock that you jump 30 feet to your death for points!

Go onto Crash and then jump off the top of the building.

SunTzu;2257349

Use the M4 carbine with grenade launcher or the RPD on Hardcore mode. … Use the M4 carbine with grenade launcher or the RPD on Hardcore mode. This mode is so much better than the normal one and you can rack up a lot of points quickly, especially if you get on the winning team of search and destroy. Use the mp5 in close quarters maps. Use the UAV Jammer perk in hardcore mode as stopping power makes no difference in hardcore, most guns are 1 shot 1 kill. What time you thinking of playing? I'll be on in about 15 mins, gamertag is WaywardTaoist

i agree with the carbine but the gerande launcher isnt always the best route if you keep missing! have shot people while they reload just need to learn to jump and dodge dodgeball springs to mind!

play headquarters --> you get more points !!!

natversion1;2257362

This works for 15 feet too as long as you dont die

Original Poster

SunTzu;2257349

Use the M4 carbine with grenade launcher or the RPD on Hardcore mode. … Use the M4 carbine with grenade launcher or the RPD on Hardcore mode. This mode is so much better than the normal one and you can rack up a lot of points quickly, especially if you get on the winning team of search and destroy. Use the mp5 in close quarters maps. Use the UAV Jammer perk in hardcore mode as stopping power makes no difference in hardcore, most guns are 1 shot 1 kill. What time you thinking of playing? I'll be on in about 15 mins, gamertag is WaywardTaoist

cheers, but am at work at the mo (and reading this site also :roll:)
    will be online later tonight

I got so fed up with being cannon fodder - I went back to COD3 for online games....

natversion1;2257362

one is to jump off 15 feet and survive...... jump off one of the machine gun turrets on the ledges either side of the map on downpour.

J9STL;2257382

cheers, but am at work at the mo (and reading this site also :roll:)will … cheers, but am at work at the mo (and reading this site also :roll:)will be online later tonight

no worries, I'll send you a friend request and maybe play later if I can wrestle the telly off my wife now Big Brother has started! :cry:

Original Poster

thanks for info so far guys - will need to start taking notes soon :thumbsup:
    probably get killed reading notes in middle of game lol

When you go for the "What the ?" achievement,. equip C4 on Vacant and throw it through the gate inside the building., then when an oppenent walks through the opposite door shoot through the gate hitting the C4 for easy completion.

SunTzu;2257397

no worries, I'll send you a friend request and maybe play later if I can … no worries, I'll send you a friend request and maybe play later if I can wrestle the telly off my wife now Big Brother has started! :cry:

welcome to my world :roll:

SunTzu;2257397

no worries, I'll send you a friend request and maybe play later if I can … no worries, I'll send you a friend request and maybe play later if I can wrestle the telly off my wife now Big Brother has started! :cry:

tell her everyone gets kicked out at the end now she know what happens simple

Banned

Claymores when you unlock em will give you lots of added kills....

Plus if you can get an RPG shoot down a chopper (2 shots!) and you will get 250 points first time...

check out all the challenges in the Barracks section....
    I stuck with M16 trying to get all headshots and its just so slow...so have been changing to different weapons as Alfonse says and been flying up lately

As someone else said M4 is a good weapon. I find rapid reload is a good idea with this gun when it's unlocked as it can be a bitch when you start to reload just as someone comes round a corner . It has fair range and tends not to jump about when you fire.

Also you would be suprised the number of kills you can get from having the drop grenade when you die or pull a handgun at death addons.

ODB_69;2257413

Plus if you can get an RPG shoot down a chopper (2 shots!) and you will … Plus if you can get an RPG shoot down a chopper (2 shots!) and you will get 250 points first time...

a lot easier on a turret though...... downpour best for that one, pipeline if you have a good team to protect you.

Original Poster

gari189;2257384

I got so fed up with being cannon fodder - I went back to COD3 for online … I got so fed up with being cannon fodder - I went back to COD3 for online games....

come back to COD4 , we can take turns killing each other :thumbsup:

If you sneak up on someone try to headshot them instead of just knifing them it will help with the challenges in the future. UAV Jammer is a very good perk when you can unlock it.

Original Poster

Ungreat;2257442

As someone else said M4 is a good weapon. I find rapid reload is a good … As someone else said M4 is a good weapon. I find rapid reload is a good idea with this gun when it's unlocked as it can be a bitch when you start to reload just as someone comes round a corner . It has fair range and tends not to jump about when you fire.Also you would be suprised the number of kills you can get from having the drop grenade when you die or pull a handgun at death addons.

how do you get the drop grenade at death add-on? do I need to level up a bit?

J9STL;2257468

how do you get the drop grenade at death add-on? do I need to level up … how do you get the drop grenade at death add-on? do I need to level up a bit?

Its called martydom, its under perk 3 - cant remember what level but its one of the more earlier ones.

shipment has to be the craziest but cant be played in some matches! is complete madness.....but very fun and you can get loads of points, same with killhouse on the map pack (map pack has to be bought)

MinstrelMan;2257475

Its called martydom, its under perk 3 - cant remember what level but its … Its called martydom, its under perk 3 - cant remember what level but its one of the more earlier ones.

Also known as the "I expect to die a lot perk"

Original Poster

princessboo;2257477

shipment has to be the craziest but cant be played in some matches! is … shipment has to be the craziest but cant be played in some matches! is complete madness.....but very fun and you can get loads of points, same with killhouse on the map pack (map pack has to be bought)

I got the GOTY edition and downed the 4 new maps yesterday for free.

natversion1;2257496

Also known as the "I expect to die a lot perk"

:lol: not always.

Anyone who plays against me knows I'm a sniper, but not a camper - I move around a lot, but on certain levels I have my favorite spots - the biggest danger I have there is when I run out of claymores from those who sneak up on me, at least if they knife me they'll be caught up in the resulting explosion from matrydom.

J9STL;2257505

I got the GOTY edition and downed the 4 new maps yesterday for free.

sorry didnt know it was free now doh i bought it when it came out!:oops:

MinstrelMan;2257527

:lol: not always.Anyone who plays against me knows I'm a sniper, but not … :lol: not always.Anyone who plays against me knows I'm a sniper, but not a camper - I move around a lot, but on certain levels I have my favorite spots - the biggest danger I have there is when I run out of claymores from those who sneak up on me, at least if they knife me they'll be caught up in the resulting explosion from matrydom.

I completed most of my hot potatoe challenges with enemy grenades

MinstrelMan;2257527

:lol: not always.Anyone who plays against me knows I'm a sniper, but not … :lol: not always.Anyone who plays against me knows I'm a sniper, but not a camper - I move around a lot, but on certain levels I have my favorite spots - the biggest danger I have there is when I run out of claymores from those who sneak up on me, at least if they knife me they'll be caught up in the resulting explosion from matrydom.

camper that walks! joke! i agree with martydom, especially if you are near cars you get the vadalism points quick

princessboo;2257557

camper that walks! joke!

:lol:

I challenge you to a deathmatch ;-)

Original Poster

princessboo;2257543

sorry didnt know it was free now doh i bought it when it came out!:oops:

variety pack free d/l with GOTY edition.
    The Variety Map Pack includes four new multiplayer maps. "Creek" is a wide-open village ravaged by combat where concealment is the difference between life and death. In "Broadcast," fight throughout an enemy communications building with confined corridors and wide-open parking lots. "Chinatown" is a foggy downtown district, lit only by a full moon and the neon glow of the city. "Killhouse" features a desolate training warehouse filled with a variety of building mock-ups and soft and hard cover points.

MinstrelMan;2257570

:lol:I challenge you to a deathmatch ;-)

More a free for all gal ;-)

princessboo;2257591

More a free for all gal ;-)

Is so regretting saying that! :oops:

princessboo;2257595

Is so regretting saying that! :oops:

:lol: shame that other thread was deleted :w00t:

MinstrelMan;2257600

:lol: shame that other thread was deleted :w00t:

oh what i miss? :thinking:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a luxury five-star break for two in Paris with Le Bristol Paris and Eur…67
      2. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64545
      3. Win a flagship smartphone - the HTC U1134
      4. Magazine competitions - Issue 39 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk66

See more discussions