Groups

COD Black Ops Offers?

What price is everyone hoping to get the game for? (ps3)

Think its possible for another price war/£20 ?! I hope so...

31 Comments

do game pricematch? husband has a £10 giftcard for game so hopeing to get it there, unless supermarkets really undercut their price and they dont match!

Original Poster

I'm not too sure tbh, but I think gamestation do?... I have around £100 in game vouchers, but I'm hoping to save it for the 3ds next year

As far as I know, Game nor Gamestation have a price match policy.

P.S. If it's going to be heavily discounted, it'll be at a supermarket because they buy them in massive quantities and hope that you'll come and buy some other stuff. Next cheapest will probably be online. Don't hold out for Game/Gamestation, it'll probably be £39.99 as that's the first place non-bargain hunter gamers will go for it.
    Edited by: "oldmanhouse" 22nd Oct 2010

Where did £20 price point for previous Cod [xx] game

Banned

£20 ... X)

I got MW2 from Macro for £20 on release day. I think all the supermarkets were £26

dontasciime

Where did £20 price point for previous Cod [xx] game

Must be refering to the Sainsbury's price for Modern Warfare 2.

£26 wasn't it?

Original Poster

Makro did it for £20 last year, went there at 6am

Original Poster

I dont think game will be part of a price war, they'll probably just rely on loyal customers with their points card...

Banned

Makro, never even heard of it.. im stunned. surely stock was LIMITED? was there no catch? just a straight 20 note?

Yep, had tons in to when i went (9am). You need a card to get in though....

Original Poster

Just print off a voucher and get it for £20! Stock wasn't really limited, they had a huge que, and there was quite a few people going round to get more than one copy lol

CheeseCake90

I dont think game will be part of a price war, they'll probably just rely … I dont think game will be part of a price war, they'll probably just rely on loyal customers with their points card...

Thanks. I knew Sainsburys had it for £26 as well as Morrisons £25 just wondered where had it for £20 .. Makro was out of the question for me and for many as it's wholesale only.

You might get lucky again this time round. Im hoping for Asda to do £27.99 like the last Treyarch Cod outing but I really want the hardened ed this time (for the Zombie maps) might be a con as not seen them for this game yet or to exactly what is not included in the normal version. Getting to be that time very soon though. My son had a feeling the date was gonna slip for some reason. My response to him (They have always managed to deliver the game when they say b4 so I unless something bad was found in the already mastered game disc it will be the date they said)

42p

Original Poster

So do you only get zombie levels with the hardened edition?

ive pre ordered it for hubby from Tescos for £37.46 so hope it doesnt go cheaper than that!
    gonna have to keep an eye out before release date so i can cancel if its cheaper elsewhere

CheeseCake90

callofduty.com/game

4 additional co-op maps not included in the standard edition of the game

yorkielisa

ive pre ordered it for hubby from Tescos for £37.46 so hope it doesnt go … ive pre ordered it for hubby from Tescos for £37.46 so hope it doesnt go cheaper than that!gonna have to keep an eye out before release date so i can cancel if its cheaper elsewhere

It will definitely be cheaper than that.

Can't see it going below £29.97 as a standalone purchase. Price war days where they go nuts are over. Proably around £30-£35 more likely.

Original Poster

CheeseCake90

4 additional co-op maps not included in the standard edition of the game

To me, that doesn't read that the Zombie levels are only available in the hardered and veteran editions of the game.

CheeseCake90

not included but will no doubt be added to the psn store / live marketplace in due time, everything dlc wise from limited edition packs end up on their respective stores at some point.

yorkielisa

ive pre ordered it for hubby from Tescos for £37.46 so hope it doesnt go … ive pre ordered it for hubby from Tescos for £37.46 so hope it doesnt go cheaper than that!gonna have to keep an eye out before release date so i can cancel if its cheaper elsewhere

oops not £37.46 was looking at fifa 11 on my orders and not Black ops its £36.29 pre ordered :-)

thesaint

To me, that doesn't read that the Zombie levels are only available in the … To me, that doesn't read that the Zombie levels are only available in the hardered and veteran editions of the game.

Me neither.

It means the original zombie levels are only in the H and V editions

Additional being the clue.
    Edited by: "dontasciime" 22nd Oct 2010

Original Poster

If it does mean the original maps, then they should let you play them if you have bought them for was, otherwise you'd be spying twice for the maps? They havnt really helped clearing this statement up by not having any trailers for it...

CheeseCake90

If it does mean the original maps, then they should let you play them if … If it does mean the original maps, then they should let you play them if you have bought them for was, otherwise you'd be spying twice for the maps? They havnt really helped clearing this statement up by not having any trailers for it...

lol thats right because they wouldnt charge people money for maps allready released on older versions.... oh wait

Original Poster

Peterdj41

lol thats right because they wouldnt charge people money for maps … lol thats right because they wouldnt charge people money for maps allready released on older versions.... oh wait

well i was reading the description again for the hardened and veteran, and it says "4 exclusive co-op maps" so I don't know now,...

Probably be dlc just after release and still work out cheaper than the hardened edition lol

Banned

Someone has told me its £5 in tesco is this just a deposit for the pre order?

lumoruk

Someone has told me its £5 in tesco is this just a deposit for the pre … Someone has told me its £5 in tesco is this just a deposit for the pre order?

yea 5er deposit, gets taken off the price when you come to buy it. just dont lose the receipt

This game will be worth what ever the money. It's getting really close now. Bit too excited.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …4522112
      2. Are these two things distinctly different to you?35195
      3. Who's getting the Xbox X Scorpio? 60 day satisfaction1334
      4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846346

See more discussions