Coding apps and websites

Posted 2nd Apr
Hi,

Hope all of you are well.

With so many freebies for kids was wondering if there are any free websites or apps (iOS) for coding for kids?

TIA
Community Updates
Ask
8 Comments
Depending on the language they want to learn/age of kids you could try Swift Playgrounds - Apple's app - geared towards learning swift of course (for developing iOS apps). Never used it but very well reviewed.
Depending on the age of your kids you want to check out the Scratch website and app, Scratch Jr if they are very young.
Edited by: "Haircut_100" 2nd Apr
Thanks to both. Forgot to mention my son is 8 years old. He has done the free stages of code monkey and a car game on amazon and lightbot. I was thinking of similar things
adamnsu02/04/2020 13:40

Thanks to both. Forgot to mention my son is 8 years old. He has done the …Thanks to both. Forgot to mention my son is 8 years old. He has done the free stages of code monkey and a car game on amazon and lightbot. I was thinking of similar things

My son is 8 and loves using Scratch, you should find it ideal for yours.
Haircut_10002/04/2020 13:47

My son is 8 and loves using Scratch, you should find it ideal for yours.

Many thanks for the insight!
I believe redgate software is doing something - structured lessons and interactions over the internet. Don't know if there are any places left but they are a great company

medium.com/ing…d04
Thanks to both
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions