Coffee beans - Which, Where from and Why?

Found 4th Apr
Entering the bean-to-coffee market with an espresso machine.

Just wondering Which beans do you like to buy, Where do you get them from and Why do you like them?

Please discuss Thank you
Community Updates
Ask
10 Comments
I used pact for a good while never had an issue with them though I source it locally now. Their beans are not roasted to within an inch of their lives like shop bought ones and they are pretty fresh tasting not just burnt flavour.

they are not cheap though about £7 per 250g but they always were of good quality. In contrast if you can stick it, Costco sell just under 1kg for about £8 of their own beans or lavazza (1kg) you really can tell the difference though I always paid the extra and bought fresh.

i do have a code for free pact if you want one via PM, I think we both get it for £1.
Edited by: "Dannyrobbo" 4th Apr
I use these unionroasted.com/rev…tml, basically I got a trial pack from them and this was the flavour I liked the best. Not tried anything else apart from rave coffee fudge flavour. You can buy union roasted packs from Waitrose , the last one I got from them was fairly freshly roasted
I buy Jamaican Blue Mountain beans as a treat for me, and the Kirkland Dark Roast Espresso beans for everyday drinking and guests. Although I keep a jar of Nescafe in for my FIL.

I buy the JBM as its my favourite coffee and I am lucky to have a mate who lives in Jamaica so I don't have to pay the silly prices over here, and the Kirkland is from Costco and is decent enough for day to day caffeine hit.
If buying from a shop I find the Italian roast beans are to my taste. Remember how you grind them is quite important too.
Oh yeah be careful you don't go overkill on buying beans, they do go off quite quickly when opened. 1kg is way to much for me to get through before they go off.
MonkeysUncle6 m ago

Oh yeah be careful you don't go overkill on buying beans, they do go off …Oh yeah be careful you don't go overkill on buying beans, they do go off quite quickly when opened. 1kg is way to much for me to get through before they go off.

I stick mine in a air tight container and put it in the freezer
Might try that. Thanks
I Like the Lavazza Rossa beans but I've had some beans from Lidl that were cheap and not too bad taste wise if you're on a budget
Dark roast are more predictable in taste regardless of technique or machine. Lighter roasts are difficult to make a decent coffee like true baristas in artesian coffee shops. For speed convenience and taste I like Starbucks or supermarket finest range. The Tesco java one is quite good. Lavazza in the red bag is ok but has me buzzing!

Avoid Taylor’s, Costa (tastes nothing like shops), cafe direct.

Worth looking at m and s and Waitrose own brands.
Thanks everyone. Some good advice
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions