coffee from a flask

Found 19th Dec 2011
ive had various flasks over the yrs for my coffee addiction lol but they never taste the same as a home made cup sitting at the kitchen table, i can always taste the fact its came from a flask when im work etc

my questions are....

1. is it nothing more than a placebo effect, am i imagining it or do others suffer from this terrible affliction also

2. Is there a superduper flask out there that will give me what i crave.

3. Is there a special trick or something i should be doing with my flasks that will put an end to my coffee miseries

many thanx to any wise words of advice folks
Community Updates
19 Comments
Putting the coffee in the flask without milk helps a lot, have a smaller flask for milk seperate.
its been standing for hours, so its going to taste different
You could do a blindfolded taste test with a cup from the flask and a fresh cup,
You would have to get the temperatures right though.
take the coffee / milk seperate and just use the flask for water
Same question applys to milk from a glass or milk from a teacup

I prefer glass.

I do think its a kind of placebo effect but with something mixed like coffee the flavours would change taint by the carrier over time.
take a kettle to work with you
Edited by: "whatsThePoint" 19th Dec 2011
Try tea instead
lol lots of gd answers folks im gonna try with just water in the flask and make the coffee at work, bit much of a hassle for me cos im a lazy bar steward and like things as easy as possible lol

i will post back the results after i try it to let u all know

cheers again folks
I hate it as well. I now have a ceramic mug for leaving the house with a coffee until they make a lightweight and insulating ceramic flask!
Im pretty sure I bought a Thermos bottle that said it was a certain type of plastic that didnt taint the drink.. I can't remember the name cos Ive thrown the leaflet away, but I def read that. Google it maybe?

This isn't it, but I just had a quick Google (to make sure I didnt just dream it or something!)

http://www.healthpost.co.nz/Product/ETMTSC/Mini-Tanka-(600ml)
What I do. Flask hot water only. I have 1 spoon of coffee 2 spoons of sugar, 2 spoons of milk powder. Apart from preferring milk powder it's better for not cooling down an already "not red hot cup of coffee".. here's the exciting bit... I spoon into a coffee jar approx 20 times the above, shake it all about, then when I want a coffee I do 3 ish spoonfulls of the "ready mixed"
ps. stainless steel flask.
Same with tea, tastes bad after a while from a flask
Nikki999

Im pretty sure I bought a Thermos bottle that said it was a certain type … Im pretty sure I bought a Thermos bottle that said it was a certain type of plastic that didnt taint the drink.. I can't remember the name cos Ive thrown the leaflet away, but I def read that. Google it maybe?This isn't it, but I just had a quick Google (to make sure I didnt just dream it or something!)http://www.healthpost.co.nz/Product/ETMTSC/Mini-Tanka-(600ml)

Thats just a water bottle with no insulation
smiffy1888

lol lots of gd answers folks im gonna try with just water in the flask … lol lots of gd answers folks im gonna try with just water in the flask and make the coffee at work, bit much of a hassle for me cos im a lazy bar steward and like things as easy as possible loli will post back the results after i try it to let u all knowcheers again folks

Get someone else to make it.

Edited by: "dontasciime" 19th Dec 2011
I bought this Burco coffee maker, makes a big flask of real coffee, you just pump the tap on the top, maybe an overkill for you ?
Vodka tastes the same from a flask.

My preference is to use a Nescafe Cappuccino sachet with the hot water from the flask.
good patter lads and lassies & sum gd tips as well, i'll be experimenting for wks on end lol
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions