Found 26th Dec 2006
Looking for some cheaper coffee pods. Don't mind paying the £2 odd I currently pay in tesco's for 18 of them, but pretty sure I could get them cheaper. Tried ebay, they all look cheaper until you add on the postage. Then they become more expensive.

Got a senseo machine, but it should take any pods?

I tend to always use 2 pods also to make up a mug. Can't be doing with this cup nonsense!

So, anyone buy them elsewhere? Don't mind differing brands so long as it still tastes good.

5 Comments

There are some online coffee pod shops, but after postage, they tend to be about supermarket prices, in my experience. They do stock a good range of coffees though - e.g. ]http//ww…php

ASDA have them on roll back at the moment - £1.98 a bag for dark, medium, mild or decaf. I like my coffee black, and I use one bag of dark roast, in the one cup holder, but press the two cups button. I get a mug full, save a bag and it tastes good to me! I do this to get two small cups also.

First post, so I hope that this helps out a bit.

It may be worth giving ]coffeo.co.uk a try. I've ordered quite a bit from them before. The prices aren't bad, you get quantity discounts and the delivery is free. There is a 5% discount for returning customers (using the "SC5" code). Also, they stock pods that you can only get on the continent - Extra Dark, Mocca and Cappuccino (where the milk is in the pod unlike the cappuccino ones that you can get from Tesco where you put a powder in the mug).

Good hunting!
Andy

I can vouch for twonk. This is the only place I buy pods for my senseo now.

wow, what a fantastic post

I have a senseo and I'm quite looking forward to trying some continental flavours !

thanks

"Coffeo" website looks pretty expensive to me - £2.69 for Douwe Egberts 18 packs, which are £1.98 in ASDA and Tesco at the moment. Even buying them in bulk, they cost more.

Do you have a web address for twonk? Can't find it on Google. Might give that a look......
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Printer help please.45
    2. Flowers for anniversary11
    3. Netflix gift cards - best deal for annual sub11
    4. Best renewal with sky after last offer33

See more discussions