Coincidences

Found 24th JulEdited by:"deeky"
We've all heard stories about massive coincidences but in the last hour I've experienced one which I think is up there with the best of them. It's hard to believe but I swear it's 100% true.

Can anyone beat this?

An hour or so ago I was checking my bank balance online. I noticed a deposit of £100 credit yesterday which I wasn't expecting and didn't recognise. It said it was from a Mrs. J. C***. Now, it's an unusual name (I believe it's Scottish) and I had a nagging feeling that I recognised it but couldn't think where from.

I called my bank and asked if they could give any more information on it. They said it was from a Mrs. June C*** and it was from an RBS account. It was about this time I put on my face as I then remembered that I did actually know a Mrs. June C***, but we hadn't spoken for 7 years (we had met her and her hubby on a cruise way back in 2011 but drifted apart after a couple of phone calls, as is the way with holiday friendships) and there was no way she would have my bank details anyway. I told him I did actually know a June C*** but said it couldn't possibly be from her for the reasons stated.

Anyway, I remembered that I still had a number for them in my phone. I didn't even know if it was still the right number but I called it anyway. Sure enough, June answered the phone. I told her who I was but she didn't know me until I reminded her of a couple of things on the cruise (me and her hubby won the Who Wants To Be A Millionaire quiz on the ship ).

After exchanging niceties I said 'I bet you're wondering why I'm ringing you out of the blue, after 7 years?' She said 'yes, I was wondering'. I said 'well yesterday, I had some unexpected money put into my bank'. She went quiet for a second or two then asked 'it wasn't £100 was it?' I said that it was. She said 'your surname isn't B***** is it?' I said that it was.

Anyway, to cut a long story short (I know it's a bit late now ) she had called her bank yesterday to send a payment of £100 to a friend. When her friend hadn't got it today she called the bank to find out why. It turns out, when checking through it, that the bank had entered 1 digit wrong in the account number, so it had been sent to the wrong account. That account being mine

I have just looked on Google and the last figures I can find say that there were 80 million bank accounts in the UK, so if my maths are correct, that makes it a 80 million-to-one chance of this happening.

Maybe I'm bigging the coincidence up but I just think it's absolutely incredible the way this has happened.

What do you reckon?
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
What Deeky isn't telling you all is that this was his Cruise ship ...

20960538261532459959.jpg
How bizarre.

Still can't believe you won Who wants to be a millionaire.
I knew I'd seen you somewhere before

34478265-jFm3O.jpg
Andy@XCite7 m ago

How bizarre.Still can't believe you won Who wants to be a millionaire.

I know. I would have believed his little fairy tale if it weren't for that bit
201 Comments
That is amazing....

ha. You got more chance of winning the lottery....
joanddan742 s ago

That is amazing.... ha. You got more chance of winning the lottery....

I've already checked - 14 million to one, I'm gonna put a few on
deeky1 m ago

I've already checked - 14 million to one, I'm gonna put a few on

Lightning doesn’t strike twice pal....
You could sell that story to The Sun.
terriclarkfan1 m ago

Sunday sport...

next to “my son is a fish finger” (I believe that was a story - or similar anyway)
terriclarkfan1 m ago

Could I? Would they pay?
joanddan72 m ago

Lightning doesn’t strike twice pal....

Meh
deeky3 m ago

Could I? Would they pay?

Probably - they're desperate for news, they keep publishing the same recycled tosh about Katie Price.

Worth £50 I reckon, that. Incredible coincidence though!
So what you spending it on?!
How bizarre.

Still can't believe you won Who wants to be a millionaire.
Andy@XCite7 m ago

I know. I would have believed his little fairy tale if it weren't for that bit
may be 64million to one in them putting it in your bank Deeks .. but the odds that you actually knew them would be greater I'm sure!

that is a good dit to tell the great great grandkids too
Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs!
Andy@XCite13 m ago

miikeyblue5 m ago

I know. I would have believed his little fairy tale if it weren't for that …I know. I would have believed his little fairy tale if it weren't for that bit

Wow that is amazing
deeky26 m ago

..... I said 'I bet you're wondering why I'm ringing you out of the blue, …..... I said 'I bet you're wondering why I'm ringing you out of the blue, after 7 years?' She said 'yes, I was wondering'. I said ....

I cannot begin to imagine how tense the poor woman's sphincter was at this point.
rcom11 m ago

Tell that to this guy. Tell that to this guy. http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/world-records/most-lightning-strikes-survived

Yeah but it’s happened him - lightning never strikes twice.
Andy@XCite20 m ago

On a cruise ship.........

even Deeky would have seemed young trendy and intelligent......
Just WOW Deeky! That is truly amazing!
Plus, wish someone would deposit money into my account! 😜
What Deeky isn't telling you all is that this was his Cruise ship ...

20960538261532459959.jpg
wasnt sure where this was going with Mrs C***
arcangel1111 m ago

What Deeky isn't telling you all is that this was his Cruise ship …What Deeky isn't telling you all is that this was his Cruise ship ...[Image]

Did deeky paint her like one of his french girls?
I'm still trying to work out what Mrs C*** could possibly stand for.
He can't have seen it yet cos I've not had any abuse off him
radium3 m ago

He said they are Scottish so I can guess..... never seen someone with that surname before....

radium4 m ago

Scottish? Unique? It's gotta be Mrs CheeseAndMacaroniPie.... Scotland's the only place I've ever seen one of them.
Trying to work out Deeks surname ...

Mr B*****
Mr Bstard ?? could be Alan's big brother

34478219-QMsi0.jpg
So did June C*** live up to her name on that cruise you were on ?
The universe works in strange ways Fate has bring you back together the next words will be "I do" haha and the whole of misc is invited
I knew I'd seen you somewhere before

34478265-jFm3O.jpg
wow great story and coincidence. Thanks for sharing.
edit oops didn't realise it deeky posting. Too busy reading that story
Edited by: "shabbird" 24th Jul
Saturn29 m ago

I cannot begin to imagine how tense the poor woman's sphincter was at this …I cannot begin to imagine how tense the poor woman's sphincter was at this point.

Predikuesi7 m ago

I knew I'd seen you somewhere before[Image]

Bizarre

34478371-cjUgy.jpg
chuckiedoll24 m ago

Just WOW Deeky! That is truly amazing!Plus, wish someone would deposit …Just WOW Deeky! That is truly amazing!Plus, wish someone would deposit money into my account! 😜

Send me your account details and I’ll pop some in for you.

34478377-OehJy.jpg
I've just got the latest figures for bank accounts from my data collector - splender (thanks )
It's 80 million-to-one now
deeky4 m ago

I've just got the latest figures for bank accounts from my data collector …I've just got the latest figures for bank accounts from my data collector - splender (thanks )It's 80 million-to-one now

But then you've gotta factor in that you knew the person too... not only knew them, but painted them naked, had your wicked way with, and then saved her from drowning in freezing waters... I'd say the odds are still far, far longer than you think...
Edited by: "miikeyblue" 24th Jul
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants