Groups

Cold Vote Petition

Who wants to sign the Cold Vote Petition.

If you feel that cold voters must leave a valid reason, add your name !!!

Power to the people !!!

MrTooTough

10 Comments

Count me in................

Only if warm and hot voters have to justify their vote also.

Leave it as it is, the genuine good deals are highlighted with the current system.

I think people are too sensative when their deals voted cold, it's just peoples perception of a good deal.

There are enough people voting for the averages to be accurate innit

Banned

the.tourist

Leave it as it is, the genuine good deals are highlighted with the … Leave it as it is, the genuine good deals are highlighted with the current system.I think people are too sensative when their deals voted cold, it's just peoples perception of a good deal.There are enough people voting for the averages to be accurate innit

Innit.

While i see Hot Deals getting a stupid amount of Cold votes, i see plenty Cold Deals getting Hot Votes as well.

So the only way it would work is for a reason to be given for every vote.
    This might have a bad effect on the site, site people wont want to write every time they vote.

Sadly have to leave it as it is.
    And try to use your own common sense in deciding if its good or not, since tbh you cant trust the votes on this often.

I think the only cold votes are ok is when the company selling the item isnt right - out of stock or price is cheaper elsewhere but i dont think we should have to leave a comment - it would ruin this site

My deals get voted cold just because they are my deals but hey you can do what you want

mrtootough

Who wants to sign the Cold Vote Petition.If you feel that cold voters … Who wants to sign the Cold Vote Petition.If you feel that cold voters must leave a valid reason, add your name !!!Power to the people !!!MrTooTough

Voted: COLD.
    Reason: Already been posted.
    hotukdeals.com/for…844

Count me half-in.

It's pointless for people to vote cold without saying why. It's unconstructive, unhelpful, and it upsets the poster, which makes people less willing to post deals again. A Bad Thing.

But on the other hand, if everyone voting cold had to explain why, we'd have threads that go on for pages with more or less the same post repeated over and over. This wouldn't be much good. Alternatively, it would mean that cold deals lose all their cold votes because people won't be bothered to explain why they think it's cold, so the difference between a good and a bad deal will be less pronounced. That won't be good either.

Personally, I think the best option would be to set a rule in place that if you want to vote cold, to only do so if you plan to or if someone else has said why it's a cold deal.

Original Poster

I think the issue is, folks post what they deem to be a good deal for the other members - this takes a little time and effort. Only for others to click cold because it's been posted previously, they never spotted it, they are not part of the "it" club or they cannot get the deal because they live in certain parts of the country. (Am still annoyed about my Guinness deal

Some people just vote cold to be annoying, several times I gone to a deal with no replies to find it's already -7 when it clearly is a good but maybe niche deal. I would be in favour of a little window coming up tell them to think twice, they press OK and it's done, too much hassle for someone doing it to be annoying (innit) and not so much as to put people off voting cold for a truely cold offer
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. One thing you've forgotten79
      2. Get an annual MOT reminder714
      3. I have 2 spare netflix slots and a spotify share.917
      4. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047185

See more discussions