Groups

Cold water help.

Hey guys.

Im hoping someone can help. My taps in the kitchen always pump out boiling hot water. But when we run a bath it is only luke warm. Any ideas why?

Thanks

9 Comments

you will have to give some details of your heating system

Try running the water at a reduced rate

Original Poster

mosskeeto

you will have to give some details of your heating system

It is a Combi boiler. We have not lived here long.

Europa 224 (never heard of them!)

It is just the bath tap that is cold its really weird

I had a problem like this with my army house, the boiler couldn't heat the water quick enough for the bath, but could for the sinks downstairs. Like I said run the bath slower or reduce the water pressure at the stopcock

Paddy_o_furniture

Try running the water at a reduced rate

Ditto, I have the same problem and if I turn the tap down the water is fine.

Original Poster

Paddy_o_furniture

I had a problem like this with my army house, the boiler couldn't heat … I had a problem like this with my army house, the boiler couldn't heat the water quick enough for the bath, but could for the sinks downstairs. Like I said run the bath slower or reduce the water pressure at the stopcock

Thanks for the advice! I will try that next time.

My taps in the kitchen always pump out boiling hot water

Your cold water tap is pumping out hot water?
    If so, it's nothing to do with the solution you've been given.

Good combis have a flow restrictor which eliminates this, cheap ones don't so you have to reduce the flow a different way. Doing the stop **** will help but it will also make the flow very noisy, the best way is to fit a pressure reducing valve.

Original Poster

Thanks guys. I will look in to that. The cold taps are cold saint. Nothing to worry about there.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Oh deer.. looks like they are back sooner this year.2647
      2. Aloha! Flamedeer Vacation is LIVE (until August 28th at 5pm)2125
      3. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846284
      4. Who's getting the Xbox X Scorpio? 60 day satisfaction1010

See more discussions