Groups

Cold Weather Payments

For customers on a low income, a Cold Weather Payment may be available for each seven-day period at or below zero degrees celsius

my area has triggered payment, but can take up to 12 days to reach your account

Please try not to be nasty to people in here this is information to help people out

108 Comments

Original Poster

carersuk.org/Inf…nts

check link to see if you qualify

Original Poster

ilovepink

http://www.carersuk.org/Information/Helpwithfuelcosts/ColdWeatherPaymentscheck link to see if you qualify

and this link to see if your area has triggered payment

pensions.direct.gov.uk/en/…asp

It is really nice that you have put this info up. I am in full support of this payment even though i do not benefit from it, my parents and grandparents do.
    Edited by: "badgerrules" 1st Dec 2010

Banned

Thanks for the info

We have triggered in our area, comes in nice for the extra coal we get through.

Original Poster

badgerrules

It is really nice that you have put this info up. I am in full support of … It is really nice that you have put this info up. I am in full support of this payment even though i do not benefit from it, my parents and grandparents do.

i only know as i am a member of carers uk and they posted it this morning checked the links and im getting £25 thank god as i have had my heating on all day for the last few days

harlzter

We have triggered in our area, comes in nice for the extra coal we get … We have triggered in our area, comes in nice for the extra coal we get through.

Coal! that must be costing you a fortune!

Thanx for info
    I put my postcode in and said 1 payment tracked

Banned

DLM

Thanks for the info

you get enough free money as it is

i got about 5 of these last winter when on benefits, very helpful but do not qualify now altho heating is on constantly lol !

badgerrules

Coal! that must be costing you a fortune!

Its not that bad, a couple of bags last a week and cost £27 for 24/7 warmth, next door has gas central heating and it costs her £30-£40 a week for the short time she is in in the evenings overnight and early morning.

Not to mention that a lot of neighbours bring their scrap wood (our fire is a multi fuel burner) so get stacks of free wood when people have new fences, skirting doors etc, saves them a skip and gives us free heat!

Last year we got some on ebay delivered for £8 a bag!

Thanks, my mum is eligible for 1 payment apparently

Original Poster

Mrs.Z

Thanks, my mum is eligible for 1 payment apparently

glad i can help....does state it can take up to 12 - 14 days for payment to reach your account thou x

wish I qualified

Zer0Cool

you get enough free money as it is

and how knowledgable you seem to be,

* Title:Pilot Light
    * Membership:3 weeks, 1 day ago
    * Deals posted:0
    * Last active:1 hour, 59 minutes ago

hmmmmmm

Original Poster

jellybaby22

good thread ILP... my brother is entitled to a payment.. jammy sod...

every little helps

Good thread, bet there are a lot of needy people who don't know anything about this ILP.

I'm donating mine to BG

ilovepink

glad i can help....does state it can take up to 12 - 14 days for payment … glad i can help....does state it can take up to 12 - 14 days for payment to reach your account thou x

Doesn't matter, I am sure she will be pleased

Banned

1 period in my area too, but don't think I'm eligible.

This information is useless, because I've just noticed if you are eligible you will get the payment automatically

"You don't need to apply. If you can get a Cold Weather Payment, you’ll be paid it automatically.

Cold Weather Payments are usually paid into the same bank or building society account as your benefit payments. After each period of very cold weather in your area, you should receive a payment to your account within 14 working days."

Edited by: "lumoruk" 1st Dec 2010

lumoruk

1 period in my area too, but don't think I'm eligible.This information is … 1 period in my area too, but don't think I'm eligible.This information is useless, because I've just noticed if you are eligible you will get the payment automatically"You don't need to apply. If you can get a Cold Weather Payment, you’ll be paid it automatically.Cold Weather Payments are usually paid into the same bank or building society account as your benefit payments. After each period of very cold weather in your area, you should receive a payment to your account within 14 working days."

Not useless as people on limited budget know they can afford to have the heating on that bit longer or order extra coal when its that cold instead of struggling.

harlzter

Not useless as people on limited budget know they can afford to have the … Not useless as people on limited budget know they can afford to have the heating on that bit longer or order extra coal when its that cold instead of struggling.

+1

pink what a star

Original Poster

harlzter

Not useless as people on limited budget know they can afford to have the … Not useless as people on limited budget know they can afford to have the heating on that bit longer or order extra coal when its that cold instead of struggling.

THIS^^^^

Original Poster

miles136

pink what a star

I've used the postcode checker to check for someone I know who would otherwise be scared to put on the heating so its been useful

Banned

WoolyM

I've used the postcode checker to check for someone I know

Oh noes.... not the old "its for a friend" routine! X)

guv

Oh noes.... not the old "its for a friend" routine! X)

True actually

Banned

ilovepink

Not useless as people ..know they can afford ...to ...order extra coal … Not useless as people ..know they can afford ...to ...order extra coal when its that cold instead of struggling.

If they can stoke their fires with coal they can bloody well work for a living oO

Original Poster

lumoruk

If they can stoke their fires with coal they can bloody well work for a … If they can stoke their fires with coal they can bloody well work for a living oO

oO

dunno why that quoted me for saying that but i will respond...

maybe the person stacking the fire is caring for a disabled person *insert rolling eyes smilie*

ps

FYI not all disabilities are physical
    Edited by: "ilovepink" 1st Dec 2010

thanks for info ILP, heard it on radio and was wondering who qualified etc.... very helpful

lumoruk

If they can stoke their fires with coal they can bloody well work for a … If they can stoke their fires with coal they can bloody well work for a living oO

You don't get a lot of choice if its council (yes I'm council estate benefit scrounging scum - asyou are obviously one of those who are into stereotypes) we actually spend less on heating than neighbours who have gas in identical houses - FACT.

No I dont work because of long term health issues, but further than that I am not saying as I don't need to explain myself to people like you who only think in black and white.

Thank you, I just checked and it said I am entitled to 1 payment, I am literally sitting here freezing my bits off as we have just a little gas fire in the living room and our house is all open plan downstairs and we need the gas on for nearly two days to feel the benefit of it,so can't afford to have it on all the time, so £25 will be a huge help :):)

Original Poster

anyones gone into the bank yet?

ilovepink

anyones gone into the bank yet?

Not yet ILP, I think last winter it was about 8 days after trigger.

Original Poster

harlzter

ok cool, thanks for letting me know, my area was triggered on the 1st good job i get some money moday ive had to put lots extra money on the gas card this week

Second trigger now activated for us.

MInd you it is currently -9.8 here!

i wish i could get this, but students in student houses dont qualify as having no money! lol

MINE WENT IN TODAY:)

harlzter

Original Poster

Yeah mine has too
    Edited by: "ilovepink" 8th Dec 2010

If the jobcentre ever pulled their finger out to help me and stopped dismissing my interests then I should be elligable, I have bad arthritis from when I was a child when I was attacked and I am supposed to be "entitled" to ESA but they keep refusing to assess me (the again so does the doctors due to year long waiting list)

If I had heating on in every room of my flat(inc my bathroom and hall and kitchen) I reckon I would use about £12 a week for 10 hours a day usage(though thats not boiling hot just warm)
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Supermarket may have sold Sausages & Other Pork products may have been inf…1016
      2. Entitled to overtime to be included in your holiday pay23
      3. How dangerous is Donald trump?32165
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764322

See more discussions