Groups

Cold Weather Payments - Check whether you or your family can claim

just a heads up in case anyone has forgotten - it is bloomin cold out there

check for yourself - your mums - dads - grandparents etc

You may also be eligible for a Cold Weather Payment for each qualifying week if you are getting Income Support, income-based Jobseekers Allowance or income-related Employment and Support Allowance in the assessment phase and have one of the following:

* a pensioner premium, higher pensioner premium or enhanced pensioner premium
    * a disability premium, enhanced disability premium or severe disability premium
    * a disabled child premium
    * Child Tax Credit that includes a disability or severe disability element
    * a child who is under five in the family

13 Comments

Does that mean my lodger would be eligible as she is on JSA and housing benefit....?

Postcode search on that page two thirds down.

I got an extra £10 this month from DLA but looks like i should be eligible for the cold weather payment too

I am claiming income support and have two children and i have received 25 quid every wednesday since 31st dec. And i will continue to receive this if the met office says the weather is going to be below freezing or there abouts.

Banned

just a shame that people who go out and work for a living dont get it too

csiman;7491528

Such a stupid thing to say, that's right, let us take all the money off the disabled people and give it to the able bodied workers.

Cheers useful for my sister

csiman;7491528

My partner does go out to work but I should still be entitled to a cold weather payment as have MS and receive DLA. I don't choose not to work my health dictates that.

odriscoll;7491568

Such a stupid thing to say, that's right, let us take all the money off … Such a stupid thing to say, that's right, let us take all the money off the disabled people and give it to the able bodied workers.

Yeah, while we pay our bills, you lot can keep on getting handed everything on a plate, and still be able to go to the pub every weekend.

Supermod

odriscoll;7491568

Such a stupid thing to say, that's right, let us take all the money off … Such a stupid thing to say, that's right, let us take all the money off the disabled people and give it to the able bodied workers.

It isnt just those who are disabled that receive this. Read the list. It was therefore not necessarily a stupid thing to say...

Banned

odriscoll;7491568

typical scouser! :whistling:

Supermod

csiman;7491833

typical scouser! :whistling:

Haha.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Ditched Sky1214
      2. Best 40 inch TV for £30056
      3. Biscuit addiction1231
      4. Working conditions, workers rights. Standing at work causing pain. Is this …1325

See more discussions