Groups

coldsore releif?

i used to get them all time but i havnt had one for ages!
    its driving me mad sore and itchy
    please help!!!
    thanx

34 Comments

my mum uses some good stuff-think its called zoviorex or similar-she swears by it.

zovirax

perfume will dry it out quicker but will smart lol

Original Poster

lucerysmum;4945615

my mum uses some good stuff-think its called zoviorex or similar-she … my mum uses some good stuff-think its called zoviorex or similar-she swears by it.

thanx il get some tomorrow BUT
    i need some relief now - its stressing me out!
    iv put moisturiser on but think its irritating it evan more

doesn't blisteze/blistex help with cold sores?

choc1969;4945629

zoviraxperfume will dry it out quicker but will smart lol

+1 my mom does this

try home bargain they do a cream same as zovirax but a lot cheaper

I have some bad news for you.... you have herpes.

(serious)

i used to suffer terribly til a friend gave me an aloe vera plant and told me to snap off a leaf everytime i felt one tinglin and rub the aloe juice on it,sure enough it works i never get a coldsore now as soon as i feel that tingle on goes the aloe

no there's different types of herpes.. a and b or type 1 and 2, something like that... cold sores arent the same herpes as genital herpes.

what u have is herpes simplex really it very common

singer

Original Poster

grex9101;4945682

I have some bad news for you.... you have herpes.(serious)

wrong area but thanx anyway LOL

Mardyass;4945691

i used to suffer terribly til a friend gave me an aloe vera plant and … i used to suffer terribly til a friend gave me an aloe vera plant and told me to snap off a leaf everytime i felt one tinglin and rub the aloe juice on it,sure enough it works i never get a coldsore now as soon as i feel that tingle on goes the aloe

Didn't know that I have an aleo plant a I burn myself all the time on the oven will tell my mom about this wont hurt as much as the perfume:thumbsup:

Tea tree oil is good too,i put it on when i feel the tingle !

Mardyass;4945691

i used to suffer terribly til a friend gave me an aloe vera plant and … i used to suffer terribly til a friend gave me an aloe vera plant and told me to snap off a leaf everytime i felt one tinglin and rub the aloe juice on it,sure enough it works i never get a coldsore now as soon as i feel that tingle on goes the aloe

good for dry skin and mozzy bites too as I discovered in Jamaica

Original Poster

mojo.121;4945662

+1 my mom does this

thanx choc and mojo
    think this will bring tears LOL

Original Poster

deb8z;4945753

Tea tree oil is good too,i put it on when i feel the tingle !

aww great iv got some of this when kids got nits
    brill thanx deb8z will try this instead of perfume me thinks
    do you just dab it on?

When you go to the chemist ask for a generic version of zovirax, will be loads cheaper.

I hate coldsores, I must be about due one, not had one for ages!

I need a bit of relief:whistling:

ChipSticks;4945815

When you go to the chemist ask for a generic version of zovirax, will be … When you go to the chemist ask for a generic version of zovirax, will be loads cheaper.I hate coldsores, I must be about due one, not had one for ages!

Generic name for Zovirax is acyclovir

(don't ask how it's pronounced!!)

Mardyass;4945691

I'll try that now,

I use surgical spirits dabbed on sometimes and that seems to work but it stings like *********ry

aaay cyclo vir

singer

Yeah,if its the pure tea tree oil just dab it on,do it a few times this evening.:thumbsup:

Original Poster

thankyou all for the great advice
    all repped

off to get releif thanx to deb8z and tea tree

Original Poster

tigerallstars;4945840

I need a bit of relief:whistling:

try tea tree - works wonders :-D

Banned

Compeed do a patch.
    Stays in place for hours and works.
    Dear though.

grex9101;4945841

Generic name for Zovirax is acyclovir(don't ask how it's pronounced!!)

ass-cyclo- veer

bambu;4945945

try tea tree - works wonders :-D

I think that a kind a smart:w00t:

Original Poster

tigerallstars;4946184

I think that a kind a smart:w00t:

what about trying ass-cyclo-veer LOL

bambu;4946395

what about trying ass-cyclo-veer LOL

I'm not that way inclined, thank-you very much:lol:

i use to get coldsores if i was either stressed or my body was run down after doing alot of night shifts so i would have a few days off after them.I swear by zovirax but i found the secret was put it on as soon as you feel the tingle not wait for the sore to form hope this helps

archer1204;4946963

i use to get coldsores if i was either stressed or my body was run down … i use to get coldsores if i was either stressed or my body was run down after doing alot of night shifts so i would have a few days off after them.I swear by zovirax but i found the secret was put it on as soon as you feel the tingle not wait for the sore to form hope this helps

Did you use to wear the crash helmet as well?:whistling:

Once the cold sore has developed, waste of time using Acyclovir products. It only works in the early stages, so good idea to keep some in -

Tea tree oil cannot treat nits / head lice. Also it cannot prevent you getting head lice

tigerallstars;4946681

I'm not that way inclined, thank-you very much:lol:

lol

Banned

Herpes simplex is a viral infection and you will be never free from it , theres no cure, I have it also since I was a baby and it flares up every so often. Also don't share your towels with any other family members as it is contagious!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Free Codes from EGX66
      2. One for the mathmeticians1829
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767422
      4. U.S. bombers fly off North Korea's coast in show of force2645

See more discussions