Collect+ - looking for more evidence of poor service

Found 12th Jul 2012
When I first started using Collect+ they offered a very good cheap and effective service

But now I have calculated that for the last 10 parcels I have sent / received they have delayed / misdirected 4 parcels.

That is an appalling 40% failure rate

I have just been on hold to Collect+ for more than 30 minutes - a clear indication that they have problems as they used to answer the phone almost immediately.

In this case they say my local store has my parcel and the local store does not have it. Now I know the people in the local store so I can trust them.

Collect+ say it must be a scanning error (yet another one) and they need 48 hours to investigate.

But Collect+ say that my 40% failure rate is not relevant as they say they have almost no delivery failures.

So I am looking to collect (pardon the pun) evidence to put to them that their service is now pretty much useless.

I do feel strongly about this because as a working person the convenience of local drop off and collection works very well and such a service should be promoted.

Thanks for reading

EliTom
Community Updates
Misc
33 Comments
I havent had any problems with them at all
haha where do i start????????
inboxing you x
100% here as well, never had any that have taken longer than the stated 3-5 day period. normally within 4 days.
Must be getting near to 20 parcels either sent or received in the last few months!
jamesjamesjamesjamesjames

100% here as well, never had any that have taken longer than the stated … 100% here as well, never had any that have taken longer than the stated 3-5 day period. normally within 4 days.Must be getting near to 20 parcels either sent or received in the last few months!

very lucky!!!!!!!! one parcel took i think 17 days...went into local store on saturday and before i could collect on the monday they gave it back to the driver who took it back to depot then central hub then lost it! the tracking was up and down the country! dire..and this wasnt the 1st they'd done it before!
btw welcome to tell them it was warrington westbrook if they lie and tell you they dont have problems again!
whatsThePoint

when you first started using them they probably weren't carrying that … when you first started using them they probably weren't carrying that many parcels, with the amount they have now you are going to get some going astray

going astray lol
Original Poster
whatsThePoint

when you first started using them they probably weren't carrying that … when you first started using them they probably weren't carrying that many parcels, with the amount they have now you are going to get some going astray

this is exactly my view - but 40% failure is not acceptable

I see two issues that Collect+ need to address

1. the shops do not get paid to handle the parcels so yes, when they only had the odd one once in a while it was not an issue - but now they have more volume the shops are starting to rebel - sending parcels back / not scanning them as they come in etc etc

2. They do seem to have a problem with scanning. The woman I spoke to today stated that they had a meeting this week to discuss the scanning issues. There appears to be issues with the interface between PayPoint and Yodel.

I would be good if Collect+ could sort out the issues because the business model is very good - it is just the implementation that has gone array with the increased volume.

EliTom
You know my opinion of them...!
elitom

this is exactly my view - but 40% failure is not acceptableI see two … this is exactly my view - but 40% failure is not acceptableI see two issues that Collect+ need to address1. the shops do not get paid to handle the parcels so yes, when they only had the odd one once in a while it was not an issue - but now they have more volume the shops are starting to rebel - sending parcels back / not scanning them as they come in etc etc2. They do seem to have a problem with scanning. The woman I spoke to today stated that they had a meeting this week to discuss the scanning issues. There appears to be issues with the interface between PayPoint and Yodel.I would be good if Collect+ could sort out the issues because the business model is very good - it is just the implementation that has gone array with the increased volume.EliTom

the staff in our shop are paid peanuts..one girl left to man the off licence, and deal with deliveries/parcels etc...in the shop alone. Dont wonder hings go wrong..its a different staff member weekly, and the manager when she is in doesnt give one x
Original Poster
plumberman01

the staff in our shop are paid peanuts..one girl left to man the off … the staff in our shop are paid peanuts..one girl left to man the off licence, and deal with deliveries/parcels etc...in the shop alone. Dont wonder hings go wrong..its a different staff member weekly, and the manager when she is in doesnt give one x

another good point - the shop staff are not trained to handle the parcels and if they are not paid then why should they care?

Furthermore - a question I would really like Collect+ to answer and maybe a fundamental flaw in their business model ...

who is responsible for the parcel once it is scanned into store?

If the store are not paid to handle the parcel then it would be unreasonable (and maybe contractually illegal) to hold them responsible for the safe delivery to the end customer (recipient)

Therefore an unscrupulous / untrained store operative could give the parcel to almost anyone and have no accountabilty.

I have had this gappen to me once - went to collecta parcel and was just handed the box - no id - no signature - nowt !!

EliTom
I don't really get what the point of it is. The staff know what the quality of the service is far better than you ever will, and the management have the exact numbers given to them in their daily reports. You can't tell them anything new, and thinking you can is a little like telling a master craftsman some trivial observation about the different grits of sandpaper. If you think Collect+ is bad, don't use them. Pay more money, use a better service. Spread the word, if you wish. You know where the review forums are, and every word here is being read by Google. But compiling some report to give staff a tiny snapshot of what they already know? Just what would be the point?
Original Poster
dxx

I don't really get what the point of it is. The staff know what the … I don't really get what the point of it is. The staff know what the quality of the service is far better than you ever will, and the management have the exact numbers given to them in their daily reports. You can't tell them anything new, and thinking you can is a little like telling a master craftsman some trivial observation about the different grits of sandpaper. If you think Collect+ is bad, don't use them. Pay more money, use a better service. Spread the word, if you wish. You know where the review forums are, and every word here is being read by Google. But compiling some report to give staff a tiny snapshot of what they already know? Just what would be the point?

In principle I would agree .... but

1. I work long hours and therefore getting to a PO in "office hours" to ship parvels or being at home in "office hours" to receive parcels is a luxury!

2. Therefore the Collect+ concept is ideal for people like me and I would like to encourage businesses that are setup with a sense of reality to meet ever increasing market needs.

3. But I am totally pee'd of with business that are run by total muppets. It maybe that teh business nees a serious review and input in a structures and articulate way "may" attract more attention than just the "moaners"

4. and finaly I have alot of experience in customer care and quality managemnet - I tyravel the world sorting out quality concerns so that my employers can offer a better product to their deserving customers - and no I won't name my employer so don't ask.

EliTom
collect+ (yodel) have closed a lot of depots recently, this imo, has caused a lot of problems with parcels getting to the correct destination. this with the integration between dhl & hdn (sometimes having to share depots where one had closed) is causing problems with couriers. I have had multiple recent problems with yodel, when say 6months ago I hadnt had any.
main problems.
parcels are "disappearing" for days on end on the tracking, leaving my local depot one day, and not turning up at any other point for 3 days...WTF???
parcels going to the wrong depot, or even the right depot but then sent off to the wrong one afterwards.
on paper collect+ is miles better than hermes but it has certainly gone down hill lately.

+end courier problems, delivered to wrong address
Edited by: "splatsplatsplat" 12th Jul 2012
Had never heard of them... Wish it had stayed that way!!
Certainly will not be using them again...

Sent some faulty memory back to Dabs last Thursday... according to the Collect+ site, it was supposed to be delivered to Dabs "Tuesday-Thursday" (i.e. today at latest)...

However... also according to their site tracking information... so far... they're managed to mis-direct it twice already...
(That's impressive incompetence!)

This is my current Tracking Status:

Parcel misrouted, being redirected
at 04:14, Thu, 12 Jul 2012

Processed at National Hub
02:24, Wed, 11 Jul 2012

Parcel misrouted, being redirected
00:41, Sat, 07 Jul 2012

Received into BAM_BRIDGE DEPOT
00:32, Sat, 07 Jul 2012

Processed at National Hub
10:50, Fri, 06 Jul 2012

Collection attempted, we will reschedule
10:48, Fri, 06 Jul 2012

Received into BRISTOL DEPOT
06:37, Fri, 06 Jul 2012

Received into BRISTOL DEPOT
14:25, Thu, 05 Jul 2012

Parcel collected by courier
10:46, Thu, 05 Jul 2012

Received at ...
09:07, Thu, 05 Jul 2012

Delivery booked
09:06, Thu, 05 Jul 2012

Everything looked so good - until it left the shop!!!
Wow I didn't realise that people have had that many bad experiences with them and just presumed op had some sort of dodgy link whether in shop or local depot.
Think i'm now going to only send items with pretty low value through collectplus to avoid any of the above happening!

Wow I didn't realise that people have had that many bad experiences with … Wow I didn't realise that people have had that many bad experiences with them and just presumed op had some sort of dodgy link whether in shop or local depot.Think i'm now going to only send items with pretty low value through collectplus to avoid any of the above happening!

good advice to others x
Original Poster
well I have just had teh first collection reminder for my latest parcel - but the shop say they do not have it

so two options really - either the shop have lost / stolen the parcel or it was not delivered and its a scanning error.

Either way as I am away on business all of next week I have nio chance to collect it if it is found and it will be returned to sender. And Collet+ want 48 hours to look into it - basically bad luck they say !

So yes - word to the wise - use Collet+ for low value non urgent stuff that is not critical to your customer

For other stuff maybe I just need to live with the inflexibility of Royal Mail .......

EliTom
Don’t get me started!

We sold a freesat box on here & sent it via Collect+. The freesat box was refused delivery as the shop decided that they did not want to offer the service any more even though they were listed on the website; hence why the buyer chose his local store.

They refused to let him pick it up from an alternative store. They informed us that it would be sent to the local depot where it could be re dispatched to the customers address, but instead it made its way back to me; but because it did not have our name and address on it we could not collect it so it went back to the depot where it sat for a bit longer and eventually got delivered back to our home address.

The whole process took around 3 to 4 weeks & to top it off, when it did come back they were so heavy handed with the parcel the Freesat Box was broken as the top corner was smashed in!

In between the 3/4 weeks we had trouble getting through as they were so under staffed, everything was done by either myself or the buyer, they were re active not proactive it was always us calling them. I was offered a refund or a credit to use their service again as a gesture of good will! They did honour the claim in the end which took a further 4 weeks.

All I can say is if you pay with peanuts you get monkeys, never would I advice anyone to use them, just pay the extra and use parcel monkey who use proper courier companies and not these Muppets!

Sorry rant over - Sara x
Original Poster
princesspeanut

Don’t get me started!We sold a freesat box on here & sent it via C … Don’t get me started!We sold a freesat box on here & sent it via Collect+. The freesat box was refused delivery as the shop decided that they did not want to offer the service any more even though they were listed on the website; hence why the buyer chose his local store.They refused to let him pick it up from an alternative store. They informed us that it would be sent to the local depot where it could be re dispatched to the customers address, but instead it made its way back to me; but because it did not have our name and address on it we could not collect it so it went back to the depot where it sat for a bit longer and eventually got delivered back to our home address. The whole process took around 3 to 4 weeks & to top it off, when it did come back they were so heavy handed with the parcel the Freesat Box was broken as the top corner was smashed in! In between the 3/4 weeks we had trouble getting through as they were so under staffed, everything was done by either myself or the buyer, they were re active not proactive it was always us calling them. I was offered a refund or a credit to use their service again as a gesture of good will! They did honour the claim in the end which took a further 4 weeks. All I can say is if you pay with peanuts you get monkeys, never would I advice anyone to use them, just pay the extra and use parcel monkey who use proper courier companies and not these Muppets! Sorry rant over - Sara x

also had the same problems with store not accepting the parcel (but the store gets paid nothing to handle the parcels)

but for me using Parcel Monkey / MyHermes etc means taking a day off work to wait in for a courier, and if they don't turn up wasting my time - hence why a I really like the Colect+ concept - if it worked effectively

EliTom
Banned
I used them once, took quite long to arrive - like a week within UK, but it did eventually, whereas even the budget courier takes just 2-3 days.

won't be using again though, because it's so slow.
I like hermes...and they deliver evenings and weekends and will blue bin stuff. I got my local guys phone number so i can always drop at his home or he will call to suit me. Perfect service but hes a star.
Ok so now I think I see what people mean about collectplus!
I have a parcel that arrived at a shop yesterday, I got the message but wasn't well so went to go get it today and then they said it's not there, I checked the tracking number and it was colllected again? Really don't understand how it made it to the shop and now it's gone again!
I also have another parcel i'm expecting from them which is late, I rang yesterday and they assured me it would be at the shop today, no prize for guessing that it's not! It stayed for 4 days in the back of a van, and now it's been at the depot for the last two! It only got sent from about 40 miles away, horse and cart could have got here faster!
Not impressed!

Edited by: "jamesjamesjamesjamesjames" 18th Jul 2012

Ok so now I think I see what people mean about collectplus!I have a … Ok so now I think I see what people mean about collectplus!I have a parcel that arrived at a shop yesterday, I got the message but wasn't well so went to go get it today and then they said it's not there, I checked the tracking number and it was colllected again? Really don't understand how it made it to the shop and now it's gone again!I also have another parcel i'm expecting from them which is late, I rang yesterday and they assured me it would be at the shop today, no prize for guessing that it's not! It stayed for 4 days in the back of a van, and now it's been at the depot for the last two! It only got sent from about 40 miles away, horse and cart could have got here faster!Not impressed!

dont like to say it but 'we told you so!'
pmed you James
plumberman01

dont like to say it but 'we told you so!'

Ha ha I know! Oh well hopefully it gets sorted quickly and i'm not sure whether one of them is the shops fault or the courier. If they sort it quick I will still use them, but definitely not for ebay or anything on a timeline!
Thanks for the pm, I will give them a ring and see what they say, if nothing good i'll try contacting them
By the way did you get any sort of incentive to use them again with all the trouble you had?
Edited by: "jamesjamesjamesjamesjames" 18th Jul 2012

Ha ha I know! Oh well hopefully it gets sorted quickly and i'm not sure … Ha ha I know! Oh well hopefully it gets sorted quickly and i'm not sure whether one of them is the shops fault or the courier. If they sort it quick I will still use them, but definitely not for ebay or anything on a timeline!Thanks for the pm, I will give them a ring and see what they say, if nothing good i'll try contacting them :)By the way did you get any sort of incentive to use them again with all the trouble you had?

they told me they would be dropping the local shop (didnt happen) and one free delivery (cos i hadnt sent the parcel, i think the sender may have got more) Email Reshma dont call them waste of time.
WHATS HAPPENED TO COLLECT + MY LOCAL STORE IN LIVERPOOL L152HD SAYS IT HAS NOT HAD A COLLECTION THIS FOR 7DAYS MY EBAY PARCEL APPEARS TO BE UNCOLLECTED ---BEEN USING SERVICE FOR 3YRS NO PROBS --DISSAPOINTED---
Been using Collect Plus for a year now average parcels sent numbers 50 never had a problem and all delivered undamaged inside 3 days,is this service good or am I just so very lucky.
Original Poster
GoodGuy321

Been using Collect Plus for a year now average parcels sent numbers 50 … Been using Collect Plus for a year now average parcels sent numbers 50 never had a problem and all delivered undamaged inside 3 days,is this service good or am I just so very lucky.

lucky I guess

EliTom
Original Poster
deleted57959

Dont know why anyone would use collect+ there price isnt the best … Dont know why anyone would use collect+ there price isnt the best anymore, myhermes will colect a parcel from your address for the same price.

The great feature of the Collect+ service for me was the ability to drop a parcel off at a shop at a time to suit me! Great for those who at work all days and do not have the opportunity to wait in all day in case the courier decides to show up for collection - been there / done that with Parcels2go ...

EliTom
Vote to close them forever. Save the nation.
Poor Delivery service or genius may say! Threw the box over 6 foot gate door and damage the goods.
Company insist is NOT TRUE and do not want to pay compensation. I have photos of the damaged box, location and damaged items.
So NO COMMENTS just simply DO NOT TRUST THEM, DO NOT USE THEM or USE THEM IF YOUR WISH IS TO WASTE YOUR MONEY, HAVE THEM MISSING OR GET THEM DAMAGED! Perfect choice.
i had a few problems in past however lately it is been excellent service all parcels arrived in 2 days well done collect plus
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants