Collect post office parcel before they try deliver?

Found 12th Jul
It is possible to collect a SD parcel from the post office before they try deliver?

I won't be in when they are likely to try deliver but I will be free in the morning. Will they let me attend the sorting office and get the parcel myself? Seem to recall them having a policy in place that they must take the parcel to the address even if they know nobody will be in (which seems idiotic).
Community Updates
AskOffice
12 Comments
It’s not idiotic. It’s because special is used for items such as money or jewellery. They hardly want to risk them being stolen. Go when you are free with the attempted delivery card and your ID, or get it redelivered when you will be there.
Will you be at the sorting office before the mail goes out and dropped off at collection points for the postman to collect and deliver, i would emagine it being early, before the sorting office is open for members of the public
Depends on the staff, policy is to be delivered as that's what their contracted to do, if someone came to collect from me with full I.d inc name address and photo I would probably hand it out. The special deliveries might not be ready when the callers office open though as their still being scanned in until around 8am. Different offices vary obviously.
I would get there about half 8 in the morning. They don't deliver to my area till around 11am. Tomorrow morning is only time I can get there really. Might just try my luck and take some I'd and hope for the best
SD will likely be delivered "in the morning" as the two levels of service are pre-9am or pre-1pm.
Hardly idiotic. The parcels are sorted for delivery in the early hours. They can't read your mind and put your parcel to the side.

It will be a wasted journey to collect before delivery has been attempted. Maybe you should have thought about delivery dates before ordering.
Edited by: "chocci" 13th Jul
you cant. the parcel will be sorted and on the delivery van something stupid like 4AM. just wait for the "we missed you card" and either arrange to deliver to a local post office branch or redeliver home
"which seems idiotic"

Irony overload.
What I mean by idiotic is that I've been before and they have had a parcel for me but refused to hand it over saying we must try deliver it first
bbfb1236 m ago

What I mean by idiotic is that I've been before and they have had a parcel …What I mean by idiotic is that I've been before and they have had a parcel for me but refused to hand it over saying we must try deliver it first

Then why did you bother posting this thread
Edited by: "RossD89" 13th Jul
We'll, did they give you your parcel
No it had already been put on the van to go out for delivery.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants