Collective Consultation Redundancy?

Posted 15th May
Hi guys I have just got an email from the company I’m employed with regarding redundancies, they said there will be some unfortunately. We have been asked to select a volunteer to represent us, does anyone know how the process works and what happens as this is my first job not too sure what’s going on thanks.
Community Updates
Misc
10 Comments
If your part of a union a rep can be the representative for all of you
shef007215/05/2020 18:40

If your part of a union a rep can be the representative for all of you

Unfortunately not part of a union, they asked us to select a volunteer from our working departments
Ask citizens advice they might help
bestbuy12315/05/2020 18:53

Unfortunately not part of a union, they asked us to select a volunteer …Unfortunately not part of a union, they asked us to select a volunteer from our working departments

It's just a person that you all agree on to be a spokes person for those of you at risk. Everyone at risk could be expected to raise questions to the nominated person, they collate and pass on to the hr (normally) rep and they will aim to answer the questions etc

Whoever the rep is is irrelevant to the actual deciding process of who may or may not get made redundant. As long as everyone is considered equally against the same criteria then the weakest link(s) will likely be selected
All the info you need is on the acas website. Including ensuring your employer does the whole process as per the regulations. It’s a fantastic website full of all the info you need. They also have an advice line and email service.
A real test of (wo)manhood in uniting, who are to contribute time, energy and skills for a common good. There will be sacrifices.
Google will tell you everything, but basically they consult with you to see if there is away of avoiding redundancies, ie job share, pay cuts whatever, assuming you can't agree on a way forward then it will be redundancy, they will tell you the criteria on how they selected who will be made redundant and if you don't agree then it can be discussed, assume you do and the decision is made then whoever is made redundant will be notified, and either expected to finish there and then but paid for the rest of their notice period.

They have to consult with you, ask whoever you select to represent you to record the meetings, the employer could refuse to allow it, but don't try and do it covertly, whoever you do choose it would help if they have an understanding of employment law, but isn't necessary.

If you've been there less than 2 years then it doesn't matter, they can just let you go.

Good luck, it will all be fine, just don't get bitter it won't help anyone.
My further advice, how many of you are there?

If many are not used to teamwork and contribute money into a pot, you can walk away and let them wallow in hollowness by themselves. There is, just so little, that a team can do for free for all.
splender16/05/2020 13:22

My further advice, how many of you are there? If many are not used to …My further advice, how many of you are there? If many are not used to teamwork and contribute money into a pot, you can walk away and let them wallow in hollowness by themselves. There is, just so little, that a team can do for free for all.

Well there are in total 6 sites we are a car dealership and around 80-100 staff each site working various departments
bestbuy12316/05/2020 14:20

Well there are in total 6 sites we are a car dealership and around 80-100 …Well there are in total 6 sites we are a car dealership and around 80-100 staff each site working various departments

That's a good number, unit and divide work between yourselves, then each leader/sub-leader has a number of information assistants.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions