Groups

Colour contact lenses

I've always wanted a pair of coloured contact lenses.
    Just wondered if anyone else has every tried them and what they're like!

15 Comments

i bought some from argos but couldnt put them in no matter how hard i tried!!

I had coloured prescription ones at one point. My eyes are blue anyway, but got a pair of a lighter, brighter blue ones... they looked good! Feels quite fake though lol

mamamia7;4403694

i bought some from argos but couldnt put them in no matter how hard i … i bought some from argos but couldnt put them in no matter how hard i tried!!

Argos sell contact lenses ? Surely that can't be allowed... hmm I've never seen any on argos but I do wear coloured contact lenses often.

You need first of all to have a fitting for contact lenses, to find out what size you need.

They will also tell you the best type to use for your eyes etc, some eyes are dryer than others etc.

I wear Freshlook colours and Acuvue Opaque for coloured contacts, both are comfortable and cover my brown eye colour :).

If you go into an opticians they will give you samples to try, probably your best bet as they are pretty expensive... roughly £10 per pair.

kegan5;4404006

Argos sell contact lenses ? Surely that can't be allowed... hmm I've … Argos sell contact lenses ? Surely that can't be allowed... hmm I've never seen any on argos but I do wear coloured contact lenses often.

Non prescription ones, just for fashion.

You can quite easily buy generic non prescription contacts. I've seen them in quite a few fashion shops but not recently.

I had actual contact lenses for over two years and I really struggled putting them in. I only wore them when I went out so I didn't have to wear my glasses but they were very annoying to get in, would take me about 20 minutes sometimes, and then they annoyed me when they were in. My eyes got really dry and I've lost count of the times I've had to take them out in a bar or in the taxi home and struggle blind for the rest of the night!
    I always liked the idea of coloured lenses but be wary about how you will cope with them, they tend not to explain the difficulties you could face getting them in and how your eyes will take to them once they're in.

Original Poster

I wear contact lenses anyway so i don't have a problem with putting them in and taking them out.
    But I would need prescription ones.

My eyes are a hazel colour, so i'm looking at either getting a bright brown or maybe blue.
    It's just something i've always wanted to try

spider1986;4404334

I had actual contact lenses for over two years and I really struggled … I had actual contact lenses for over two years and I really struggled putting them in. I only wore them when I went out so I didn't have to wear my glasses but they were very annoying to get in, would take me about 20 minutes sometimes, and then they annoyed me when they were in. My eyes got really dry and I've lost count of the times I've had to take them out in a bar or in the taxi home and struggle blind for the rest of the night!I always liked the idea of coloured lenses but be wary about how you will cope with them, they tend not to explain the difficulties you could face getting them in and how your eyes will take to them once they're in.

Do you wear lenses anyway?

I'm interested to know if the prescription coloured lenses are different to normal lenses as I've often thought I'd like to give them a whirl.

PS: you can get eye drops specifically for contacts, to keep your eyes moist, I find they really help.

ChipSticks;4404659

Do you wear lenses anyway?I'm interested to know if the prescription … Do you wear lenses anyway?I'm interested to know if the prescription coloured lenses are different to normal lenses as I've often thought I'd like to give them a whirl.PS: you can get eye drops specifically for contacts, to keep your eyes moist, I find they really help.

Yes you can get drops, about £4 at Boots I think.

I did wear lenses, just had my eyes lasered so don't need lenses or glasses anymore! Best thing I ever did.

*_laura_*;4404574

I wear contact lenses anyway so i don't have a problem with putting them … I wear contact lenses anyway so i don't have a problem with putting them in and taking them out.But I would need prescription ones.My eyes are a hazel colour, so i'm looking at either getting a bright brown or maybe blue. It's just something i've always wanted to try

Glad to hear that someone can cope with lenses! I was useless.

If you've already mastered ordinary ones then I'd definitely give coloured ones a try. Can't imagine them being any different to be honest.

There is no difference in prescription and coloured prescription lenses as far as I've found

The only difference is the actual colour, the size etc should be chosen to fit your eye as your normal contact lenses would so shouldn't really notice much difference.

With regards to the Argos comment, sorry I was thinking about sizing etc but have just realised they often sell a particular size rather than giving choices.

spider1986;4405192

I did wear lenses, just had my eyes lasered so don't need lenses or … I did wear lenses, just had my eyes lasered so don't need lenses or glasses anymore! Best thing I ever did.

I SOOOOOOOOOOO want my eyes done, too poor to even think about it though :-( :cry:

Original Poster

ChipSticks;4406590

I SOOOOOOOOOOO want my eyes done, too poor to even think about it though … I SOOOOOOOOOOO want my eyes done, too poor to even think about it though :-( :cry:

Yeh i know how you feel, I would LOVE to get my eyes done too, but just haven't got the money :cry:

Ah Lazer surgery me too, the money pays a large part but my reason for not considering it is the fact that they scalpol your eye eurgh, although the after benefits would out weigh that moment of terror in my eyes

Original Poster

Yeh i think it would all be worth it!!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Are these two things distinctly different to you?31125
      2. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …110238
      3. New Nintendo 3DS XL – SNES Edition available in UK from October36
      4. How dangerous is Donald trump?34216

See more discussions