Colour laser printer / scanner

Posted 14th Jan
Hello

I'm in the market for a Laser printer / scanner but I'm not sure what to look for as there are so many. Is there a certain brand I should be looking for or is there certain features that I would need.

Just some general information would be great.

Thank you
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

9 Comments
What are you going to be printing on it? Documents, photos, black and white? How many pages do you estimate you would be printing monthly?
Budget?
Would help to have those answers to assist.
Edited by: "Tea_minion" 14th Jan
Basically this printer is for my wife, she wants it for school purposes as she is a trainee teacher. So she wants to photocopy documents from books to give to the kids.

Must be black and colour. Have a flat bed scanner and possible a feeder scanner as well. Looking to spend around £200. Maybe 100 pages a week but that's a guess right now
I would get something like Brother Laser Printer DCP-L3550CDW for £187, or if too big then something similar

Buy generic toner High Yield for under £14 on ebay (takes 4 at a time on colour printer so keep that in mind) but will print 1000's of pages. You can buy a cheap inkjet all in one printer, but usually paying more upfront for a high yeald laser will make printing much cheaper and less hassle in the long run.
Sandy101215/01/2020 08:59

I would get something like Brother Laser Printer DCP-L3550CDW for £187, or …I would get something like Brother Laser Printer DCP-L3550CDW for £187, or if too big then something similarBuy generic toner High Yield for under £14 on ebay (takes 4 at a time on colour printer so keep that in mind) but will print 1000's of pages. You can buy a cheap inkjet all in one printer, but usually paying more upfront for a high yeald laser will make printing much cheaper and less hassle in the long run.

I've left my laser unused for years (never unpacked after moving) works like it'd never been away, you'll never have that with an inkjet
Sandy101215/01/2020 08:59

I would get something like Brother Laser Printer DCP-L3550CDW for £187, or …I would get something like Brother Laser Printer DCP-L3550CDW for £187, or if too big then something similarBuy generic toner High Yield for under £14 on ebay (takes 4 at a time on colour printer so keep that in mind) but will print 1000's of pages. You can buy a cheap inkjet all in one printer, but usually paying more upfront for a high yeald laser will make printing much cheaper and less hassle in the long run.

Brother have done me well for over a decade and using firstcallinks has kept consumables under control. Look on the web site for rebates. They are often available. Paper is likely to be another biggest cost

Your wife needs to know she is probably in breach of copyright and without the schools support, they could fire her for so doing
Hello again. Thanks for the responses. Been looking around but the is so much to choose from. Come to the conclusion that Brother seem to be the best bet. And I've got it down to these 2 that I can get for around £180 after cashback but which one.

MFC-L3750CDW
MFC-L8690CDW
Would anyone be able to tell me if there are any differences between those 2 above that I'm missing because they seem quite similar
cornishjones15/01/2020 17:31

Would anyone be able to tell me if there are any differences between those …Would anyone be able to tell me if there are any differences between those 2 above that I'm missing because they seem quite similar

you can compare them on the brother website. one is laser technology and one is LED technology, whatever that means

brother.co.uk/pro…one
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants