Colourblind specs

Posted 3rd Nov
Looking to get some for a family member for Christmas. Does anybody have any recommendations of where to get them from or if there actually any good?

Thanks
Community Updates
Ask
7 Comments
You can buy them on Amazon. But please get them after discussing with a well recommended local optician who can discuss all aspects of your relatives sight problems. Opticians are loathesome for the prices they charge and the secrecy they wrap up their business protection interests in but eyesight is precious
Don't do it, it'd be like someone buying you corrective glasses and guessing your prescription.
Have they told you their exact type of blindness?
esar03/11/2019 10:14

Don't do it, it'd be like someone buying you corrective glasses and …Don't do it, it'd be like someone buying you corrective glasses and guessing your prescription.Have they told you their exact type of blindness?

Yes there strong Protan type of blindness. The ones on Amazon are cheap and the reviews aren't great
I had prisms on my glasses due to double vision I am also colour blind but didn’t know you could get glasses to correct this. My prisms have been removed due to one optician believing they didn’t work - this was an independent optician mind good luck in your search. Probably best to go to one of the high street well known opticians? Maybe provide a voucher as the gift so the family member can choose their own
f3rritt03/11/2019 10:15

Yes there strong Protan type of blindness. The ones on Amazon are cheap …Yes there strong Protan type of blindness. The ones on Amazon are cheap and the reviews aren't great

You may be able to get a prescription for the colour blindness, but you'd have to check the optician can actually do the test, and then it's probably mega bucks to buy them!
I'd go with socks lol
I am colour blind or colour deficient (for the PC brigade), I really can’t see any use for corrective lens for colour, I’ve had this all my life and got used to it so I know what colours are what, I even do electrical wiring without any issues.
eurekalert.org/pub…php

can't find the video but did see one about some blogger (Moose maybe) promoting these getting caught for the fake review also.

Edit:Found it again, 0:35 seconds in was someone called "Logan".
Edited by: "cecilmcroberts" 3rd Nov
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants