Combination cylinder repair?

Found 20th Apr
I have a combination cylinder that appears to be leaking. does anyone know who I would contact to come and see it to repair? im useless with this kind of thing! I called SSE and they don't cover it because its not a boiler. would it be a plumber?
anyone in the know, if you have any info id be really grateful!
Thank you!
Community Updates
Ask
8 Comments
A plumber. It’s basically a cylinder with a header tank built in isn’t it?
cmdr_elito1 h, 10 m ago

A plumber. It’s basically a cylinder with a header tank built in isn’t it?

I think so... it’s got two sections, one for hot and another for cold. “Direct combination cylinder” is pretty much all it says on it. I wasn’t sure if it was a plumber, but that makes sense thank you!
Yes plumber required but if it’s leaking you will need replacement. Don’t let the plumber take the old one in as you will be able to get some cash back for it.
paul123edwards29 m ago

Yes plumber required but if it’s leaking you will need replacement. Don’t l …Yes plumber required but if it’s leaking you will need replacement. Don’t let the plumber take the old one in as you will be able to get some cash back for it.

Ah ok! Thank you! Where would we take it for cash? (I’m asking, I’m sure my partner will know when he gets home) but good to know wonder if it’s likely cheaper to source a replacement myself and get a plumber to fit it. I know where the one we have came from, might be cheaper! Thanks for your help guys
Edited by: "Nat_urally" 20th Apr
Scrap metal merchant. Get an idea of price from Screwfix or Toolstation and see what the plumber quoted you. You probably need them to supply it to get a warranty with them.
paul123edwards2 m ago

Scrap metal merchant. Get an idea of price from Screwfix or Toolstation …Scrap metal merchant. Get an idea of price from Screwfix or Toolstation and see what the plumber quoted you. You probably need them to supply it to get a warranty with them.

Ah good point with the warranty. Ooh and I do know where he scrap metal place is too, handy! Thank you so much. On the hunt for a plumber now, hopefully before downstairs neighbour has a surprise!
paul123edwards20th Apr

Yes plumber required but if it’s leaking you will need replacement. Don’t l …Yes plumber required but if it’s leaking you will need replacement. Don’t let the plumber take the old one in as you will be able to get some cash back for it.

The plumber will just add £30 to the invoice, I certainly do.
themorgatron8 h, 19 m ago

The plumber will just add £30 to the invoice, I certainly do.

Ive found one and asked about that, he said he doesn't charge extra if we keep it - just a bonus if he does get to keep it haha. dont know if charging extra for that is standard but seems a bit harsh! (IMO, No offence) should all be fixed tomorrow! thanks for all your help guys
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants