Groups

Combination lock help

Well today my new case arrived today. However there is a problem I cannot open it. The combination lock when it arrived was set to 000 with a tapper proof strip of plastic in place. I removed the tag and tried to press the button but it wont unlock. Anyone know what the default combination locks are set to when they are new?

Thanks

16 Comments

Original Poster

http://i.ehow.com/images/GlobalPhoto/Articles/4797658/124362-main_Full.jpg

The lock is similar to this.

Reminds me of the very first Only Fools And Horses lol.

I bet the information sheet on what the combination is locked inside the case.

Step 1
    Pull the sliding side latch to the side, as you would if you were opening the briefcase normally. Holding the latch in position, lightly roll your fingers down over each numbered wheel to identify which one is the tightest. The tightest wheel will give the least when you gently tug on it with your fingertip.

Step 2
    Set the tightest wheel to "0." Check the tightness of the other two wheels; if they still feel loose, click the zeroed lock to one and feel the other two wheels again. Keep going in this fashion until one of the other two wheels feels tight. When one of the other wheels becomes tight, the first wheel is set at the correct number.

Step 3
    Move on to the second tightened wheel, continuing to hold the side latch in place. Set it at "0" and check the final loose wheel. Keep adjusting the second wheel, as you did with the first, until the third wheel feels tight.

Step 4
    Set the final wheel at "0" and adjust it until the briefcase's top latches pop open. Make sure the sliding side latch is still being held in place.

Step 5
    Reset the combination to numbers you'll remember in the future. Write them down and store them in a safe place, just in case.

yes... i can help you... it will be any number from 001 - 999. Glad to have helped

Original Poster

Doesnt have side latches just a button.

Babbabooey;6237834

Step 1Pull the sliding side latch to the side, as you would if you were … Step 1Pull the sliding side latch to the side, as you would if you were opening the briefcase normally. Holding the latch in position, lightly roll your fingers down over each numbered wheel to identify which one is the tightest. The tightest wheel will give the least when you gently tug on it with your fingertip.Step 2Set the tightest wheel to "0." Check the tightness of the other two wheels; if they still feel loose, click the zeroed lock to one and feel the other two wheels again. Keep going in this fashion until one of the other two wheels feels tight. When one of the other wheels becomes tight, the first wheel is set at the correct number.Step 3Move on to the second tightened wheel, continuing to hold the side latch in place. Set it at "0" and check the final loose wheel. Keep adjusting the second wheel, as you did with the first, until the third wheel feels tight.Step 4Set the final wheel at "0" and adjust it until the briefcase's top latches pop open. Make sure the sliding side latch is still being held in place.Step 5Reset the combination to numbers you'll remember in the future. Write them down and store them in a safe place, just in case.

KERMITZBITZ;6237841

yes... i can help you... it will be any number from 001 - 999. Glad to … yes... i can help you... it will be any number from 001 - 999. Glad to have helped

:w00t:

Babbabooey;6237834

Step 1Pull the sliding side latch to the side, as you would if you were … Step 1Pull the sliding side latch to the side, as you would if you were opening the briefcase normally. Holding the latch in position, lightly roll your fingers down over each numbered wheel to identify which one is the tightest. The tightest wheel will give the least when you gently tug on it with your fingertip.Step 2Set the tightest wheel to "0." Check the tightness of the other two wheels; if they still feel loose, click the zeroed lock to one and feel the other two wheels again. Keep going in this fashion until one of the other two wheels feels tight. When one of the other wheels becomes tight, the first wheel is set at the correct number.Step 3Move on to the second tightened wheel, continuing to hold the side latch in place. Set it at "0" and check the final loose wheel. Keep adjusting the second wheel, as you did with the first, until the third wheel feels tight.Step 4Set the final wheel at "0" and adjust it until the briefcase's top latches pop open. Make sure the sliding side latch is still being held in place.Step 5Reset the combination to numbers you'll remember in the future. Write them down and store them in a safe place, just in case.

lol are you James Bond ?

have you tried 111?

maybe its "123"

Worth ringing the suppliers / manufacturers?

Babbabooey;6237876

have you tried 111?

:thumbsup: or 222, 333 etc

Another possible way, it depends on the quality of the lock, is to push each wheel in turn to the side of the slot it is in and turn it while looking down the side at the axle

At one number on the wheel the axle will have a notch or be otherwise different to the rest of the numbers. This is usually the opening number.

PM sent... let me know if it works or not.

barneydog;6237930

:thumbsup: or 222, 333 etcAnother possible way, it depends on the quality … :thumbsup: or 222, 333 etcAnother possible way, it depends on the quality of the lock, is to push each wheel in turn to the side of the slot it is in and turn it while looking down the side at the axleAt one number on the wheel the axle will have a notch or be otherwise different to the rest of the numbers. This is usually the opening number.

lol, I was actually being funny.. Was hoping for a reply "tried it, didn't work", then my reply was going to be "have you tried 112", to see how far I could get. :-D

Babbabooey;6237944

lol, I was actually being funny.. Was hoping for a reply "tried it, … lol, I was actually being funny.. Was hoping for a reply "tried it, didn't work", then my reply was going to be "have you tried 112", to see how far I could get. :-D

LOL, I remember getting a set of suitcases where every lock was set at a different combination, one was 777, another was 000 etc, that confused me, it took me ages to fix them :lol:

Original Poster

Alright fixed, the code was 756, it was the same as the model number.

have you tried 756??.. sometimes the code is the same as the model number. Please dont rep me
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846287
      2. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …110236
      3. Are these two things distinctly different to you?31122
      4. New Nintendo 3DS XL – SNES Edition available in UK from October22

See more discussions