Groups

Combined Sat Nav with Bluetooth

I know some people don't rate these but I'm on the look out for one. It must be able to be used with a standard mobile with bluetooth (for hubbie) and also with my iPhone 3G.

I'd prefer to not buy sat nav for my iPhone as it's a sat nav for both hubbie & I to swap over!

If anyone has any experiences of any units (good and bad please) then please let me know!

Budget not that great so no more than £110 units (am aware I may have to look secondhand)
    Cheers

9 Comments

do you mean you are looking for the GPS unit that would get connected to your phone using Bluetooth. The SATNAV software would run on the phone and would take the GPS data from this unit.

If I am correct in my assumption then you may search google for "tomtom bluetooth gps receiver".

I have the unit as in the link
    handtec.co.uk/pro…ver

It works well. You may have to shop around for a better price. I paid £90 for this unit 4 years back....

If you are talking about a GPS reciever that transmits the data over bluetooth to your phone, I would recommend the HOLUX GPSlim240 which can be had for £30. It's the size of a medium/large USB memory stick and can go round your neck on a lanyard. Worked fine when I used to use one with a K750i and my laptop.

As for software, try google maps for the iPhone, and for the other phone it will depend on what model it is to determine which software you can use.

Original Poster

Thanks for both replies. I was thinking of a separate satnav unit, that also had built in Bluetooth so if anyone has any other ideas?? Altho I will take a clsoe look at these gps units! Cheers will rep you both!

melmorc;7787187

Thanks for both replies. I was thinking of a separate satnav unit, that … Thanks for both replies. I was thinking of a separate satnav unit, that also had built in Bluetooth so if anyone has any other ideas?? Altho I will take a clsoe look at these gps units! Cheers will rep you both!

So do you want the GPS reciever to be a satnav (i.e. it directs you where to go) and also be able to use it on a phone via bluetooth?

Original Poster

Oh I'm sorry as I may not have made myself clear! Ideally I [thought] I was after a normal satnav unit (like navman s90i). This satnav Unit has built in Bluetooth that you can pair with your mobile to also receive and make calls handsfree. That way, both hubbie and I could use the satnav unit separately with our diff mobiles.

I use a Navman s70 3D which connects with my i-Phone and previuously with my SE 902.

]Here for £90

Works pretty well, hasn't got me lost yet.

melmorc;7796859

Oh I'm sorry as I may not have made myself clear! Ideally I [thought] I … Oh I'm sorry as I may not have made myself clear! Ideally I [thought] I was after a normal satnav unit (like navman s90i). This satnav Unit has built in Bluetooth that you can pair with your mobile to also receive and make calls handsfree. That way, both hubbie and I could use the satnav unit separately with our diff mobiles.

Oh right, seems the first person to respond and me got the wrong end of the stick :oops:

Original Poster

pugw$sh;7797076

I use a Navman s70 3D which connects with my i-Phone and previuously with … I use a Navman s70 3D which connects with my i-Phone and previuously with my SE 902.]Here for £90Works pretty well, hasn't got me lost yet.

Cheers. Is yours a 3g or 3gs? What's it like when making or receiving a call quality wise?

Original Poster

Tdrtnlz;7797539

Oh right, seems the first person to respond and me got the wrong end of … Oh right, seems the first person to respond and me got the wrong end of the stick :oops:

No probs mate. All advice is most gratefully recd and I will be leaving rep for all! :-)
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What do you feel like whinging about today?1917256
      2. Xbox One X pre order £449.99 @ Game (out 9th Nov)2457
      3. Cat Chat73706
      4. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…6531245

See more discussions