Come across any good local bargains lately?

24 replies
Found 13th Nov 2016
Whether from a carboot sale, a charity shop or a Facebook group.
Let us know your latest lucky finds.

24 Comments

I bought a small coco chanel 7ml bottle from a car boot sale put on eBay sold fit £40, turned out it was vintage from early 80s

Had a result on Gumtree last week.
Boxed Super Nintendo (street fighter edition) + 29 boxed games including some rare titles - Secret of Mana, R-Type 3, Super Castlevania IV & Zelda Link to the past
For a bargain price of £75. Was well chuffed

everypennycounts

I bought a small coco chanel 7ml bottle from a car boot sale put on … I bought a small coco chanel 7ml bottle from a car boot sale put on eBay sold fit £40, turned out it was vintage from early 80s

​For 50p sorry forgot to add and can't edit

Original Poster

everypennycounts

I bought a small coco chanel 7ml bottle from a car boot sale put on … I bought a small coco chanel 7ml bottle from a car boot sale put on eBay sold fit £40, turned out it was vintage from early 80s

Wow, great luck there.

amis1975

Had a result on Gumtree last week.Boxed Super Nintendo (street fighter … Had a result on Gumtree last week.Boxed Super Nintendo (street fighter edition) + 29 boxed games including some rare titles - Secret of Mana, R-Type 3, Super Castlevania IV & Zelda Link to the pastFor a bargain price of £75. Was well chuffed

That's a brilliant find. I like collecting retro games myself but never come across much. Too many savvy sellers these days

My wife bought a 1940s grooming set to sell from a charity shop for £1 and it was worth nothing but contained a razor which sold for just over £400

Original Poster

Predikuesi

I bought a crate of drawing pins from China, fortunately there was no tax.

https://67.media.tumblr.com/64d52e0146806a783cbc49628609e906/tumblr_mkwjjrU7Yv1s8xle4o1_400.gif
codnan

My wife bought a 1940s grooming set to sell from a charity shop for £1 … My wife bought a 1940s grooming set to sell from a charity shop for £1 and it was worth nothing but contained a razor which sold for just over £400

That's amazing, do you have any details on the razor and why it was so valuable?
Edited by: "SeraphXii" 13th Nov 2016

codnan

My wife bought a 1940s grooming set to sell from a charity shop for £1 … My wife bought a 1940s grooming set to sell from a charity shop for £1 and it was worth nothing but contained a razor which sold for just over £400

​Wow that is brilliant

Predikuesi

I bought a crate of drawing pins from China, fortunately there was no … I bought a crate of drawing pins from China, fortunately there was no tax.

codnan

I decided to delete to avoid spoiling your thread, but you got there before I could

SeraphXii

That's a brilliant find. I like collecting retro games myself but never … That's a brilliant find. I like collecting retro games myself but never come across much. Too many savvy sellers these days

There certainly are, but this old boy had this in his loft for the last 20 or so years after his son left home! Everything was in fantastic condition! Couldn't believe my luck.

Original Poster

Predikuesi

I decided to delete to avoid spoiling your thread, but you got there … I decided to delete to avoid spoiling your thread, but you got there before I could

What can I say? A pun begs to be replied to

Wasn't lately but sure was my best ,a local supermarket was closing and they where selling everything like fixture and fittings so i asked if the jacket potato oven which was mint condition was for sale ,the manger said make me an offer £50 was accepted sold a few days later £400 bosh

codnan

​What did she do with the money she made?

Predikuesi

I bought a crate of drawing pins from China, fortunately there was no … I bought a crate of drawing pins from China, fortunately there was no tax.

codnan

codnan

It was a Darwin safty razor . we went on the shaving forums and were basicly told it was one of the most sought after .Ebay screwed up the listing and stopped people abroad bidding on the last day and we had an angry american saying that he bid £700 for it but ebay canceld his bid

ungnome

​What did she do with the money she made?

She bought some new furniture for the living room

Boxed zx81 £20 at car boot
Panasonic top end tape deck £10 charity.
Akg 271 mk2 headphone £35 cash convertor as new.
Denon cd dab radio amplifier £25 at charity.

Large solid oak wardrobe 185 deleverrd from 700, clearance at local furniture shop
Edited by: "lumsdot" 14th Nov 2016

Was a few months back but got these bluray steelbooks for about a fiver (would of cost near £100), thanks to a glitch.

https://s13.postimg.org/5y6lnqjsn/20160220_104213.jpg

Majority worked out free, with a few exceptions of a whopping 99p

https://s21.postimg.org/lha0eccgn/20160220_100943.jpg

Edited by: "wiggywig" 14th Nov 2016

tutu, bunny ears & shades all for under a fiver...well chuffed with my new look
[img]media.gettyimages.com/vid…115?s=640x640[/img]

DarkEnergy2012

tutu

http://i1076.photobucket.com/albums/w460/predikuesi/IMG_4777_zpsr8vkzi69.jpg
Edited by: "Predikuesi" 14th Nov 2016

Already posted this all over the place but I was chuffed
http://i.imgur.com/Qis41XI.jpg

Got this from a local charity shop for £20
[img]encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/sho…ing?q=tbn:ANd9GcS6AqpGM0zxpjorciLruRY2vzHhtzSj9P4kE_XIAwOO9dlSTw7h1McVqddKAzjTgyfF8Wlbnjc&usqp=CAE[/img]

amis1975

Had a result on Gumtree last week.Boxed Super Nintendo (street fighter … Had a result on Gumtree last week.Boxed Super Nintendo (street fighter edition) + 29 boxed games including some rare titles - Secret of Mana, R-Type 3, Super Castlevania IV & Zelda Link to the pastFor a bargain price of £75. Was well chuffed

Secret of Mana

raptorcigs

Got this from a local charity shop for £20 … Got this from a local charity shop for £20 [img]https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcS6AqpGM0zxpjorciLruRY2vzHhtzSj9P4kE_XIAwOO9dlSTw7h1McVqddKAzjTgyfF8Wlbnjc&usqp=CAE[/img]

oO I wondered where that went! I was just checking the winter coats, turned round and it was gone oO

deeky

oO I wondered where that went! I was just checking the winter coats, … oO I wondered where that went! I was just checking the winter coats, turned round and it was gone oO

X)

Original Poster

[quote=DarkEnergy2012]tutu, bunny ears & shades all for under a fiver...well chuffed with my new look http://rs266.pbsrc.com/albums/ii245/ahmeexbennay/ATT3803311.gif~c200

1 pound for a burts bees lip shine stick from poundland !
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Driving anxiety.88
    2. Any ideas for eye glare protection from computer screens?56
    3. Is this laptop any good33
    4. Appliance direct code or voucher22

See more discussions