Found 13th Apr 2010
Afternoon all,

I bought a laptop from comet a few years ago and took out their extended warranty. Now I'm having a few issues with my laptop so i took it in to be sorted. One of the issues i had was the battery was useless. I charge it for ages and once i unplug the laptop the battery will last not longer than 10 mins!

I just received a call from comet and to my horror they said the battery was not covered under the warranty....WTF....I would have thought that the laptop warranty would cover the battery!

Anyways my policy is at home so need to check the paper work....but anyone have any idea's if i can fight this and get a battery replacement?

1. Misc
  2. Laptop
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Laptop
9 Comments

Banned

It's the same under any warranty, or guarantee, batteries are consumables and deteriorate over time........

Banned

Battery is unlikely to be covered

Should have just accidentally dropped your can of coke over it before alerting them - you'd have got a new one. Not that I am advising this in any way :whistling:

You're being a bit harsh on Comet mate.
Battery not covered by warranty in ANY & EVERY thing (not just laptop) is a norm

Original Poster

what if i collect it today and accidently drop it on the way home...would that work

Abz;8354721

what if i collect it today and accidently drop it on the way home...would … what if i collect it today and accidently drop it on the way home...would that work

Wow, just wow....

I would check the warranty docs before I drop it, just in case it's not covered

Original Poster

Mallinersha;8354732

Wow, just wow....

well they do say i have butter fingers :thumbsup:

Abz;8354760

well they do say i have butter fingers :thumbsup:

Are you sure they are not saying you enjoy insurance fraud?
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!564086
    2. 02 priority33
    3. Leicester sack their manager!916
    4. Mercedes-Benz recalls 400,000 cars in UK over airbag fault1311

See more discussions