Comet Store Closure LIST starting today (with Dates!)

Found 10th Dec 2012
Quick go grabbit! (if owts left!)

Comet store closures on December 10, . . . . . . . . .T O D A Y !!!

Haverfordwest, Sandiacre, Llandudno, Rayleigh Weir, Sheffield – Queens Rd, St Helens, Cwmbran, Halesowen, Burnley, Kettering, Guiseley, Eastleigh, Hereford, Folkestone, High Wycombe, Gravesend and Macclesfield.

Comet stores at Liverpool- Bromborough, Fareham, Llantrisant, Peterborough, Dunstable, Worthing, Cardiff-Valegate, Llanelli, Bridgwater, Canterbury, Southport, Great Yarmouth, Merthyr Tydfil, Bedford Manchester / Trafford Park, Chippenham, and Poole – Commerce Centre, will also close down today.

Tues December 11 . . . . . . . T O M O R R O W !!!

will see the end of Comet stores at Irvine, Carlisle, Hemel Hempstead, Byfleet, Burton on Trent, Barnsley, Weston Super Mare, Moorallerton and Workington.

Last trading day of Comet stores in Backpool Squires, Dunfermline, Kittybrewster, Elgin, Leigh, Lancaster, Mill Hill, Nottingham Arnold, Rochester, Walsall, and Warrington will be on December 12.

WED 12th December

Blackburn – Bolton Rd, Friern Barnet, Hendon Comet stores will close down on December 13.

source:
thefinancepages.co.uk/com…88/
Community Updates
Misc
18 Comments
Banned
Bedford Manchester / Trafford Park?
Northampton, Milton Keynes, Banbury??
Any idea on the Chelmsford store?
Bradford not listed, so that means it's not closing?
h4mza

Bradford not listed, so that means it's not closing?

not much left in bradford foster square and discounts seem poor..
dcx_badass

Went to mine yesterday, wasn't much left, 90% still more expensive than … Went to mine yesterday, wasn't much left, 90% still more expensive than other stores, especially the TV's, still got the fools seeing a reduced sticker and going mental.

Prices same at Liverpool, Speke. Store was busy but nobody was buying. It was too depressing to stay in there for more than a few minutes.
Edited by: "spaceinvader" 10th Dec 2012
dcx_badass

Went to mine yesterday, wasn't much left, 90% still more expensive than … Went to mine yesterday, wasn't much left, 90% still more expensive than other stores, especially the TV's, still got the fools seeing a reduced sticker and going mental.

totally agree. it is plain to see why comet are in the situation they are as they charge way too much compared to other places.
I dont know why they just dont shut the lot of them, this closing in batches hoping for a buyer is pointless, it is clearly obvious it is a poisoned brand and will never be sold
Any idea if/when Comet @ Team Valley is closing? Any deals?
Anyone know anything about when the Carmarthen store is closing?
Gravesend one was closed by 1pm

Rochester one full of cack
kylewalker

totally agree. it is plain to see why comet are in the situation they … totally agree. it is plain to see why comet are in the situation they are as they charge way too much compared to other places.

They have done this on purpose, get ready to see a massive amount of electronics on ebay in the coming weeks.
aircanman

They have done this on purpose, get ready to see a massive amount of … They have done this on purpose, get ready to see a massive amount of electronics on ebay in the coming weeks.

Nah. All the good stuff has been sold to other retailers/returned to manufacturer. The only things left in store were unboxed/incomplete or obsolete and unwanted.
spraint

Nah. All the good stuff has been sold to other retailers/returned to … Nah. All the good stuff has been sold to other retailers/returned to manufacturer. The only things left in store were unboxed/incomplete or obsolete and unwanted.

true
Comet are closing oO
dcx_badass

agree, though i went to the Reading centra store and alot of stuff was 70% off - ms office, webcams, monster plug sockets etc - tv's were about 30% off but still same or more than everyone else
Edited by: "royals" 12th Dec 2012
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants