Comet warranty repairs?

Anyone know what the score is with Comet warranty repairs?

I've got a 42" Plasma that's a couple of years old, took out the extended warranty, has an intermittent fault where it just switches itself into standby for no reason. Do they repair on site or are they going to want to take it away for repair?

13 Comments

take it away usually......how would they repair it in store?

electriclinux;4188929

take it away usually......how would they repair it in store?

The Op said on site meaning his home u numpty :thumbsup: it depends on whats actaully wrong they'll ask for a descrption of whats wrong ith the Tv and determine from there. Normally will just repair it on site

Original Poster

demolisher;4188966

The Op said on site meaning his home u numpty :thumbsup: it depends on … The Op said on site meaning his home u numpty :thumbsup: it depends on whats actaully wrong they'll ask for a descrption of whats wrong ith the Tv and determine from there. Normally will just repair it on site

Yes, I wouldn't expect to have to drag it down to the store, just wondered how likely it would be they could repair it, would be a pain if they had to take it away to repair

With my comet warranty its new for old .... Man in the shop suggested that it accidently falls of the wall in a few years time lol

Tillboy;4189056

Yes, I wouldn't expect to have to drag it down to the store, just … Yes, I wouldn't expect to have to drag it down to the store, just wondered how likely it would be they could repair it, would be a pain if they had to take it away to repair

You dont have to take the TV down to comet, they will pay u a home visit and do some some tests on the TV. give them a call and see what they say

Original Poster

surfbunny;4189073

With my comet warranty its new for old .... Man in the shop suggested … With my comet warranty its new for old .... Man in the shop suggested that it accidently falls of the wall in a few years time lol

I am hoping it's non-repairable :thumbsup:

Original Poster

demolisher;4189083

You dont have to take the TV down to comet, they will pay u a home visit … You dont have to take the TV down to comet, they will pay u a home visit and do some some tests on the TV. give them a call and see what they say

Thanks, have called them and an Engineers is coming Friday, it's up to the engineer the next course of action... I'll get the choccie biccies in :thumbsup:

does any1 no if u can still take out the warranty if u brought the TV over 9 months ago from comet?

Original Poster

demolisher;4189158

does any1 no if u can still take out the warranty if u brought the TV … does any1 no if u can still take out the warranty if u brought the TV over 9 months ago from comet?

I think you've got 30 days to take out the cover

we had a tv from comet that had no end of problems with it one after the other ,if it can be repaired at home there will, if not they will take it away repair it and bring back when they can ,,, terrible customer service

Original Poster

missismop;4189702

we had a tv from comet that had no end of problems with it one after the … we had a tv from comet that had no end of problems with it one after the other ,if it can be repaired at home there will, if not they will take it away repair it and bring back when they can ,,, terrible customer service

Thx for the heads up, this is what I fear happening, if it can't be fixed and it'sonly intermittent (once or twice a week) I may just live with it

demolisher;4189158

does any1 no if u can still take out the warranty if u brought the TV … does any1 no if u can still take out the warranty if u brought the TV over 9 months ago from comet?

When we've bought from comet before we always get a letter after 11 months or so to offer an extended warrenty, hope this helps.:thumbsup:

they came to my home found the problem ordered parts then returned to my home to fix
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. How much would you pay for this chair?77
    2. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846122
    3. Heads Up - LoveFilm By Post Closing On 31st October 2017.109
    4. I banned myself from HUKD for 3m, I saved so much money!2336

See more discussions