Comfortable safety boots/shoes

Posted 26th Apr
Hi all,

Due to my new job, I would like to buy a pair of safety boots/shoes. The ones I got from work are destroying my feet instead of protecting them.

It needs to be steel toe or similar with the safety certificate.

I found these online, but they don't have them in my size uk10 eu44:
drmartens.com/uk/…033
drmartens.com/uk/…033

What I'm looking for is: 90% black at least, acceptable looking and extremely comfortable.

Any recommendations, where should I look at, what to avoid?

thanks,
Aron
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

13 Comments
Used Dr martens at work avoid them if possible your feet will be like chewed liver within a week hard unforgiving leather.My dad always like dickies shoes for work.
Ukguy10126/04/2020 17:38

Used Dr martens at work avoid them if possible your feet will be like …Used Dr martens at work avoid them if possible your feet will be like chewed liver within a week hard unforgiving leather.My dad always like dickies shoes for work.

I tried to link the website but it's "banned" I found one called Dickies Antrim II Safety Boots, for £32.50
They look pretty cheap but I have no experience with this brand
Puma, Haix,Timberland or the upper end of the Cofra brand. Like others have said avoid Dr.Martens. Skechers also, think that site which had the buy one get one free had a couple though may not be all black.
Edited by: "cecilmcroberts" 26th Apr
amazon.co.uk/Dic…c=1

I'm on my second pair of these in 3 1/2 years. I find a lot of steel toe caps boots uncomfortable. Tbh I double up on socks so wear a pair of normal trainer socks and a pair of thermal socks over them when wearing these and they're pretty comfortable. You do have to give em a week or so to wear them in a little.
Edited by: "ndksamb" 26th Apr
I wear steel toe cap boots around 50 hours a week walking around 20000 steps a day and change them yearly.

I always buy Caterpiller boots that I buy from a shoe shop so I can try them on.

As above I wear 2 pairs of work socks with them.

My feet are in good codition and no pain.
I wear CATs while at work too. Worth noting that if you need safety boots for work your employer should be supplying you with PPE. Perhaps have a word and ask them to contribute towards the cost of your boots. Before you spend out make sure that you are buying the right boots for the job...some employers insist on a foot plate/mid sole protection. Just in case you spend out and get told you can’t wear them.
Don’t buy doc marts they are crap uncomfortable and live off the name I’m on my 6th pair of these now they are like slippers best boots for work I have ever owned amazon.co.uk/Gri…8-4

40547366-pMLTH.jpg
40547453-Viu1s.jpgwe used to get issued with these but now we get 40547453-ehkZJ.jpgI find them both comfy for 12 hour shifts
Thanks everyone, I become a bit smarter I'll check with my company, what kind of shoes can we wear, I think they not strict, as it's just basic warehouse work.
Uvex Quatro Pro, Men’s High-top amazon.co.uk/dp/…A9X

Might not look the best but they’re really comfy!
I wear the Scruffs Switchback Sb-P. Very good and comfortable but I’m not sure if they do them in black.
Link
I wear Dickies at work, they are very comfortable once you break them in but even on day 1 they were not over uncomfortable.
Edited by: "Sprograt" 27th Apr
Sprograt27/04/2020 22:28

I wear Dickies at work, they are very comfortable once you break them

That's probably the best think I've heard all week.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions