Coming Up To The End Of Your Talktalk Contract?

Found 17th Jun
If anyone is at the end of their talktalk contract, ring them up and suggest you are leaving for another firm.
I rang them on Thursday as I was at the end of my deal. They offered me their faster fibre package with unlimited download. They threw in their new WiFi hub for free (usually £30) which is so much better than their last/old one. And they also let me have their £5 speed boost for free.
All this for £22.

I've heard stories of poor CS etc. But I can't fault them at all. My speed has gone up from 28mb to 60mb.
This is a 2yr deal guaranteed at that price for the duration too.
Community Updates
Misc
12 Comments
I still would have left.

You could of most likely of gotten a VM line for around the same price and shorter.

hotukdeals.com/dea…497
M0nk3h3 h, 56 m ago

I still would have left. You could of most likely of gotten a VM line for …I still would have left. You could of most likely of gotten a VM line for around the same price and shorter.https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/virgin-media-100mb-fibre-line-rent-weekend-calls-tv-box-equiv-2067mth-248-over-12mth-contract-with-code-brb745m-via-mse-2958497

Virgin is unfortunately not available everywhere. I cannot get it.
Interesting just renewed, not near as good as your retention deal.

Still might be under the 14 day cooldown. Might give them a buzz and question things over.
Hi just to say Thanks @gmdlogan as had no clue about the new fibre hub. My current one is ropey and has to be re-set now and then. Rang up as I had literally one day left on the 14 day cooling period and explained what you said and I have saved about £6.25 per month for 18 months and they are sending me the revised hub

Appreciate the info as clearly TalkTalk would not tell you they have new and better hubs!

Legend!
Edited by: "loopylloyd" 19th Jun
M0nk3h17th Jun

I still would have left. You could of most likely of gotten a VM line for …I still would have left. You could of most likely of gotten a VM line for around the same price and shorter.https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/virgin-media-100mb-fibre-line-rent-weekend-calls-tv-box-equiv-2067mth-248-over-12mth-contract-with-code-brb745m-via-mse-2958497

I can't get virgin where I am buddy.
loopylloyd58 m ago

Hi just to say Thanks @gmdlogan as had no clue about the new fibre hub. My …Hi just to say Thanks @gmdlogan as had no clue about the new fibre hub. My current one is ropey and has to be re-set now and then. Rang up as I had literally one day left on the 14 day cooling period and explained what you said and I have saved about £6.25 per month for 18 months and they are sending me the revised hub Appreciate the info as clearly TalkTalk would not tell you they have new and better hubs!Legend!

Haha. No worries mate. Did you also mention the speed boost thing? I got that too for free. Usually £5 pm.

Glad it helped someone. As I said I've never had any issues at all with them. Yes the WiFi signal wasn't much cop on the old hub, but I had homeplugs dotted around the house anyways for stuff I needed a good connection
gmdlogan33 m ago

Haha. No worries mate. Did you also mention the speed boost thing? I got …Haha. No worries mate. Did you also mention the speed boost thing? I got that too for free. Usually £5 pm. Glad it helped someone. As I said I've never had any issues at all with them. Yes the WiFi signal wasn't much cop on the old hub, but I had homeplugs dotted around the house anyways for stuff I needed a good connection

I always had the speedboost and paid for it in the past. Cheapest I had was £35 I think before this recent renewal and they then said £36.25 is the best they could do with the boost and anytime calls, I reluctantly agreed for less agro getting disconnected until I got a new provider.

Is yours £22 for the internet (76mb fibre) only?

I just said I had a friend who got it for £22 with a free speed boost as you put and they put me on hold and came back with £30 all in for the internet, boost and the anytime calls w/ line rental. So think I am near to your price (Maybe a bit more) with the phone if yours excludes calls etc... needless to say I went for it with the icing on the cake with the free revised hub, so it’s a lot better the hub is? I don’t really have many black spots for connectivity but I get drops in internet which I think relates to the router itself (Probably 3/4 yrs old).

Chuffed! £112.50 saved for full term. May try this method again of renewing and calling at the end of the cooling period. Thanks bud!
Mine is £22 all in buddy. I get faster fibre and the speed boost. I have never had a phone plugged in in the 5years or whatever it is I've been with them. I learnt my number last week though lol. So I think the only calls I get are to landlines and talktalk mobiles.
Has your hub come yet??
The WiFi signal in our house is definitely better now. Haven't suffered any dropouts as of yet.
gmdlogan20th Jun

Mine is £22 all in buddy. I get faster fibre and the speed boost. I have …Mine is £22 all in buddy. I get faster fibre and the speed boost. I have never had a phone plugged in in the 5years or whatever it is I've been with them. I learnt my number last week though lol. So I think the only calls I get are to landlines and talktalk mobiles. Has your hub come yet??

Sorry didn’t see this until now but just come back anyway to say the hub arrived today.

WOW. Speed tested the old one prior to plugging the new one in and tested both under same conditions and it went from 29mb to 51mb and this is straight away. It might improve as well! I had some issues upstairs with my PS4/Xbox. Need to hard wire anyway but wirelessly should defo not be an issue now!

Thanks for the info, you are a legend! Posted as a status on Facebook to further spread this info!
Brill. No worries mate. I'm getting 55mb on WiFi in my bedroom lol.

Happy days buddy.
gmdlogan1 h, 19 m ago

Brill. No worries mate. I'm getting 55mb on WiFi in my bedroom lol. Happy …Brill. No worries mate. I'm getting 55mb on WiFi in my bedroom lol. Happy days buddy.

You're extremely lucky and among an extremely small minority of TT customers!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants