Commuting cycling trousers recommendation (loose fit, knee protection)

Posted 10th Nov
Hi looking for commuter trousers for cycling to work. Something loose fit but with padding at the knees. Came off on Friday coming into the work car park on some ice, got one similar one last winter so hopefully that's me this year! Just grazed my knee a bit but be handy to have trousers that are quick to change into and out off but provide a bit of protection too. On looking at loose fit cycle trousers I'm not sure they do or not, it doesn't seem to be mentioned in any I've read.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

12 Comments
What you're saying makes sense but it's not something I've seen, the only protection products I've seen are for off road use and even the lighter protection products would probably be too heavy for commuting use.
knee and elbow pads
Johnmcl711/11/2019 00:38

What you're saying makes sense but it's not something I've seen, the only …What you're saying makes sense but it's not something I've seen, the only protection products I've seen are for off road use and even the lighter protection products would probably be too heavy for commuting use.

Thanks, at least I know it's not that I was just looking in the wrong places!
AMaky11/11/2019 00:58

knee and elbow pads

Perhaps I could add them on frosty mornings as I have some soft knee pads from when I went canoeing, it would be a bit awkward though
mutley111/11/2019 08:58

what about something like …what about something like this?https://www.screwfix.com/c/safety-workwear/work-trousers/cat850376

Yeah it's a good point I actually had the same thought cycling to work this morning (but forgot about it till you reminded me) as often see people walking to work with these which have built in knee pads.....I'll see can i try some on somewhere to see they won't restrict my movement
christopherwhiteis111/11/2019 09:01

Yeah it's a good point I actually had the same thought cycling to work …Yeah it's a good point I actually had the same thought cycling to work this morning (but forgot about it till you reminded me) as often see people walking to work with these which have built in knee pads.....I'll see can i try some on somewhere to see they won't restrict my movement

i think they should be fine for cycling as people have to work in them so they are easy to move around in. they will also have some waterproof quality to them so helps with the rain.
mutley111/11/2019 09:57

i think they should be fine for cycling as people have to work in them so …i think they should be fine for cycling as people have to work in them so they are easy to move around in. they will also have some waterproof quality to them so helps with the rain.

Yeah good point, was actually wondering about waterproofing.... They def won't soak up much anyway. I'll also get some street cred as it'll look like I've a real job could be handy for DIY about the house too.
christopherwhiteis111/11/2019 09:59

Yeah good point, was actually wondering about waterproofing.... They def …Yeah good point, was actually wondering about waterproofing.... They def won't soak up much anyway. I'll also get some street cred as it'll look like I've a real job could be handy for DIY about the house too.

when i cycled to work for a short period, i wore waterproof trousers over my normal trousers and a waterproof jacket with a high viz jacket on top of that. street cred i don't much care about, being knocked over by a car worries me more

i stopped cycling to work as my bike got nicked
Edited by: "mutley1" 11th Nov
One of those blow up sumo wrestler costumes
Edited by: "mikeportsmouth" 11th Nov
mikeportsmouth11/11/2019 10:19

One of those blow up sumo wrestler costumes

I'm just not sure how water proof they are
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants