Compact 5 dr electric car deals for NHS?

Posted 25th May
Are there any small electric cars hukers recommend, I quite like the look of a Zoe, but find the Leaf too large - definitely would prefer a 5 door though!

Anything which is discounted for NHS workers is a bonus but not essential.

Many thanks
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

9 Comments
tesla model 3? It can be had through nhs salary sacrifice but this seems to be erratic, sometimes its on the list, sometimes not.

bmw i3?
skoda citigo?
ID3 presumable going to be too big?
Thanks, the i3 is 3 door only I thought, quite like the look of ID3 I;ll review the sizes - thank you!
My e-golf should have been arriving early June (ordered November) but that's almost certainly not going to happen now. Annoying.

Tesla's are not available on the website and are special orders only. They're also incredibly expensive. The BMW i3 looks an OK deal. The Citigo is not a good option - it doesn't have any sort of rapid charge, only 3 point plug which is why it's so cheap.
BluebirdRobin26/05/2020 10:27

Thanks, the i3 is 3 door only I thought, quite like the look of ID3 I;ll …Thanks, the i3 is 3 door only I thought, quite like the look of ID3 I;ll review the sizes - thank you!

It is 5 door although the rear doors are a bit odd. The rear door can only be opened once the front door is open. 40876792-PvX4r.jpg
Edited by: "mas99" 26th May
1on426/05/2020 10:51

My e-golf should have been arriving early June (ordered November) but …My e-golf should have been arriving early June (ordered November) but that's almost certainly not going to happen now. Annoying.Tesla's are not available on the website and are special orders only. They're also incredibly expensive. The BMW i3 looks an OK deal. The Citigo is not a good option - it doesn't have any sort of rapid charge, only 3 point plug which is why it's so cheap.

Citigo has CCS. skoda-auto.com/new…-iv
If the OP will look at used then the iMiev/C-zero/ion (all the same car, just rebadged by psa) is small, 5 door and available cheap and has chademo.
mas9926/05/2020 13:37

Citigo has CCS. https://www.skoda-auto.com/news/news-detail/citigo-e-iv

I misread, you're right. It can charge at the faster speed but you need to buy your own cable as it isn't supplied with the car. No idea how Much they cost. £300? £400?
1on426/05/2020 16:21

I misread, you're right. It can charge at the faster speed but you need to …I misread, you're right. It can charge at the faster speed but you need to buy your own cable as it isn't supplied with the car. No idea how Much they cost. £300? £400?

No. CCS are always tethered ie the cable is perm fixed to the charger, like chademo. The ac cable for 7kw charging is supplied with the car.

I think they offer a real budget version that doesn't come with ccs or a cable but I doubt they'll sell many. A bit like the leaf visia came without chademo as standard but there are vanishingly few about. I think pretty much the only buyers were local authorities that wanted local run arounds that were only going to be used 9-5 and could be lefft plugged in the rest of the time so charge speed didn't matter.

Both the Combined Charging System and the cable required for AC charging come as standard in the Style trim variant and are optional for the ŠKODA CITIGOe iV Ambition.

mas9926/05/2020 17:36

No. CCS are always tethered ie the cable is perm fixed to the charger, …No. CCS are always tethered ie the cable is perm fixed to the charger, like chademo. The ac cable for 7kw charging is supplied with the car.I think they offer a real budget version that doesn't come with ccs or a cable but I doubt they'll sell many. A bit like the leaf visia came without chademo as standard but there are vanishingly few about. I think pretty much the only buyers were local authorities that wanted local run arounds that were only going to be used 9-5 and could be lefft plugged in the rest of the time so charge speed didn't matter.Both the Combined Charging System and the cable required for AC charging come as standard in the Style trim variant and are optional for the ŠKODA CITIGOe iV Ambition.

We may be referring to different things. I'm talking about what NHS fleet solutions offer, not what a standard SKODA dealer may provide. It specifically says it is not supplied with a charging cable. It's also very cheap compared to every other vehicle available.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants