Groups
    EXPIRED

Compact Digital Camera with HD video

Hello all - I am struggling to choose between a couple of cameras... they're pretty much the same price so just wondering what people thought??

I'm looking for a compact camera with HD video recording and a wide angle lens. If you can think of any other suitable cameras then would be much appreciated.

Casio Exilim EX-Z300 - £169.22 delivered (simplyelectronics.net/mai…php?pid=5670&sd=specs)

Panasonic Lumix DMC-FX37 - £159.99 + £7.99 postage (http://www.sundigital.co.uk/products/show/panasonic-lumix--dmc-fx37-black)

Any advice would be much appreciated! Thanks

2 Comments

I've just ordered the Panasonic for myself, gets really good reviews and is a step up from the FX35. Its £168 from amazon at the moment which is probably a better retailer to order from as you get 30 days to return it.

Hey, bit of a tough call this one..

The panasonic has the edge with a couple of the features, a 25mm wide angle and 5 x optical, while the casio has a 28mm wide angle and 4 x optical zoom. They both have the same HD output and video res, but the casio has a 3.0" screen - the panasonic only has a 2.5" screen. Importantly, they both have optical image stabilization systems.

I don't know how long the panasonic warranty is, but casio offer two years, which is great. I'm sure panasonic offer the same, most do with the better cameras.

Good luck!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Ripped off by GearBest, VERY ANGRY!1618
      2. Iptv1228
      3. Music download79
      4. FedEx sent me a Duty & Tax Invoice - Advice needed67

See more discussions