Companies that donate raffle prizes

Found 31st Jan 2015
Hi I was just wondering if anyone knows of any companies that will donate raffle prizes. Ive been selected as a finalist for Face Of The Globe, I'm currently looking to raise money for Rainbow Child Foundation. I have set up a online funding page but nobody seems to be donating so Im going to do a raffle and auction.

Thanks in advance for your help
Community Updates
Ask
10 Comments
Your best bet is to write/obtain a letter (on paper with the charity's logo and contact details etc) and walk around your nearest big town visiting all the shops (that are relevant). I did a similar thing just before Christmas and we we donated loads of prizes from T-shirts from HMV to a £15 GC from The Entertainer.

Also, people are more likely to donate if you do something funny or interesting, like a skydive or something. Maybe make a youtube video with a link to your funding page.

Good luck anyway, hope I was of some help!
I don't know of any companies that donate I'm afraid but have you tried contacting local businesses?
You say you have set up a donation page, have you been pushing it via Facebook or Twitter? surely the more people who see it the more likely some are to donate. As an example, I recently bought a T-shirt through Fabrily that I saw on a Facebook page, they only print the Tshirts once so many people have bought them. This campaign had a goal of 20, out of 5337 likes and 1061 comments only 25 Tshirts were sold, it kind of shows just how many people need to be aware before some people are willing to spend.
My sister did a charity night a few years back. She got the charity number and took a letter around shopping centres, She got quite a lot vouchers from hair and beauty salons.. sports equipment and stagecoach transport company donated £1000 you best walking around shops and asking.
quiz nights are usually good. a local bar is a great place to hold them, as they'll give you the space free.

sponsored waxes!!

slave auction. ask some mates to donate an hour or 3 of their time. house cleaning, gardening, car servicing etc.

organise something, then ask local businesses to donate. its better advertising for them, so they'll donate more!!!

thursday nights are great for these kind of things. bars are quieter, so glad of the business, people are glad of cheap entertainment.
Original Poster
k8y1988

I don't know of any companies that donate I'm afraid but have you tried … I don't know of any companies that donate I'm afraid but have you tried contacting local businesses? You say you have set up a donation page, have you been pushing it via Facebook or Twitter? surely the more people who see it the more likely some are to donate. As an example, I recently bought a T-shirt through Fabrily that I saw on a Facebook page, they only print the Tshirts once so many people have bought them. This campaign had a goal of 20, out of 5337 likes and 1061 comments only 25 Tshirts were sold, it kind of shows just how many people need to be aware before some people are willing to spend.

Yes Ive published it on Facebook and Twitter, Ive had one person sponsor me. Thanks for the advice
Original Poster
deiseaj058

quiz nights are usually good. a local bar is a great place to hold them, … quiz nights are usually good. a local bar is a great place to hold them, as they'll give you the space free. sponsored waxes!! slave auction. ask some mates to donate an hour or 3 of their time. house cleaning, gardening, car servicing etc. organise something, then ask local businesses to donate. its better advertising for them, so they'll donate more!!! thursday nights are great for these kind of things. bars are quieter, so glad of the business, people are glad of cheap entertainment.

Thank you for the reply, Ive tried getting friends, family etc to help me out but none of them seem to want to. Asda told me I can do bag packing in there store if I get 10 people, its so hard though nobody seems to want to do anything will keep trying though.
Original Poster
Eden0032

Your best bet is to write/obtain a letter (on paper with the charity's … Your best bet is to write/obtain a letter (on paper with the charity's logo and contact details etc) and walk around your nearest big town visiting all the shops (that are relevant). I did a similar thing just before Christmas and we we donated loads of prizes from T-shirts from HMV to a £15 GC from The Entertainer. Also, people are more likely to donate if you do something funny or interesting, like a skydive or something. Maybe make a youtube video with a link to your funding page. Good luck anyway, hope I was of some help!

Thank you I will give that a try
walk round the stores with something official from the charity. my friend did a charity night for help the hero's last year & the body shop & other stores donated things for a raffle
I've done this in the past and am sorry to say, it won't be easy! Write and email as many companies as you - play the numbers game.
On the other hand, there is nothing better than a personal touch. Most freebies I got were from walking into businesses and asking them, they prefer the personal touch.
You could also ask a company to donate something - then name them in your fundraising page so they get some free publicity.
Have a word with your local paper to see if they will run an article, you can mention this to companies and say that you will mention them in an article.
Also, rather than asking for stuff for free, ask for money off vouchers, so one of your prizes could be 20% off a hair cut or something. Companies like this as they don't actually have to give anything upfront, get a new customer and a bit of cash in their tills.
Local restaurants tend to donate vouchers if you ask or any cinema's local might donate a couple of tickets
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions