Companies that don't give you specific times for home visits

Found 30th May 2008
Grrr, I'm waiting on a company to come round today to take a look at a problem with the house. They will be round "some time between 9 and 4" and I'm afraid to go out as knowing my luck they'll turn up right as I'm clear of the house.

They can't give me a call when they know they'll be ready either.

I wouldn't mind "sometime this morning" or "sometime after 2" but what a time range. I've decided to dedicate the day to doing plenty of coursework and of course posting on HUKD.

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
12 Comments

Banned

How much you want to bet they don't actually turn up?

Original Poster

ODB_69;2206295

How much you want to bet they don't actually turn up?

Indeed! Well in this case they should def turn up as they're a division of the council, but we shall see. :thumbsup:

aye tis a pain when companies do that, ruins the whole day coz u cant make any plans! have a good day, hope they come soon!

Banned

TGB;2206306

Indeed! Well in this case they should def turn up as they're a division … Indeed! Well in this case they should def turn up as they're a division of the council, but we shall see. :thumbsup:

Council are one of the worst usually (in my experience)........

Actually rang the council at 9 the other day to report a traffic light that was stuck on red (as police weren't interested) on a busy road by work
The woman told me they had known since the very early hours of the morning...
Yet no one was around when I drove through it

I'm sure the people in the 1 smash that I know about would be happy that the council knew about it hours before!

I had to wait for the council to come this morning & I was quite surpised that they actually showed up. They were due between 8am & midday and they got here at around 8.30am :shock:

Now I'm just waiting in for a mattress to be delivered from Mattress Next Month...I mean Mattress Next Day :roll:

know how you feel. sitting in waiting on dhl collecting some ebay stuff. bored out my proverbials already.

Had this conversation with my mam the other day.

Most companies carry mobile phones, so what stops them ringing an hour before they are coming, to let you know. Then at least you can pop to the local shops and stuff.

If I went into the courier business, this is how I would run it. :thumbsup:

Last week I was expecting a delivery from TNT anytime between 8 and 6, I waited all day until 3 when I had to pick the kids from school. Knowing that the delivery was obviously going to happen whe I was out for 30 minutes I was very pleasantly surprised to get home at 3.30 to see the TNT van sat outside my house. The driver said he knew it was picking up time at schools so usually between 3 and 3.30 he has a quick break to see i any one is just collecting kids, he has a brew and a read of the paper.

Top work fella and greatly appreciated.

I wonder if TNT would be pleased to know he has an un-official break or perhaps it should be a "commonsense" break.

I thought most of HUKD members are used to waiting by the door...we can always find cheap online deals on the forums.

Original Poster

Worst of all is I can't really listen to any music as I'll miss the too-damn-quiet doorbell. Our living room door has what must be soundproofing in it as it's virtually impossible to hear the doorbell when its closed.

Oh well, silver lining is that I can, in theory, get some coursework done.

Thumbs up to that TNT guy!

Zoe_B;2206367

Now I'm just waiting in for a mattress to be delivered from Mattress Next … Now I'm just waiting in for a mattress to be delivered from Mattress Next Month...I mean Mattress Next Day :roll:

Well my mattress is finally here (woohoo!) but it's sitting in my front garden because it couldn't fit through the living room door & they only deliver to the ground floor :-(

I just hope that it doesn't rain before my dad gets here at 1pm!

Original Poster

2pm and no sign!!! I really couldn't care less if they hadn't turned up today (it's the landlords problem) but knowing so would have allowed me to get other stuff done. Oh well they still have an hour or so.

Granted, I've dedicated more time to getting my PSX running again than coursework today.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition47382
    2. Win free gin for a year88
    3. Win a short break for two at our hotel of the year: the Pointer, Bucks @ Su…44
    4. Magazine competitions - Issue 42 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk1414

See more discussions