Companies you'll never use again after Corona Virus. First up, Fake Bake, then Sports Direct, who else?

Posted 31st Mar
Seen some pretty disgusting behaviour from Fake Bake on Facebook today and it got me thinking about how many other companies have done things like this.

They're selling a hand sanitiser for £15 (before p and p!) and claiming they'll help the homeless, no indication of how much money they'll be keeping themselves but they're deleting all the comments calling then out so I think that says it all. I've included a screenshot of some of the comments on the post as well, names removed to avoid identifying others.

Sports direct will never get my business again for obvious reasons, who else has shown a nastier side of their business? I want my money to go to the companies who have stepped up and helped their communities and the NHS, not seen flashing pound signs.
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
Probably Wetherspoons. I like a cheap pint but they treated their staff lower than dog crap.
A ton of corner shops, pharmacies and local supermarkets in Birmingham who jacked up their prices straight away from the panic buying madness. I don’t care if they all shut and the streets become glorified ghost towns, they put this on themselves with their pure greed. Never forget.

Any that you see jacking prices up extortionately on the essentials, report them to the authorities so they get fined thousands of pounds.
Edited by: "MrMaccieKFC" 31st Mar
Pepper Deals Ltd for promoting divulging vulnerable persons' and associates' personal info to an organisation that has no means to verify the info nor any requirement to request the info.
louiselouise31/03/2020 02:06

Sports Direct. Though I've been avoiding them for years. For being …Sports Direct. Though I've been avoiding them for years. For being additionally-heinous towards their maligned employees - then Ashley backtracked and said he'll use his transport services to help out the NHS (not sure if that was just hot air).Same applies to ebuyer.As for Branson, do any of you HUKDers read tattle? It has amazingly juicy celebrity gossip (if you get excited by that sort of thing, I usually get a cup of tea on the go and start reading) and an eye-opening/eye-watering Footballers And WAGs thread. Members on there suggest RB is particularly "handsy" towards employees and women in general, which was disappointing to read. Always vaguely thought he was alright. Till recently.

Branson is horrible. I for one won't be buying his pickle again.
88 Comments
Probably Wetherspoons. I like a cheap pint but they treated their staff lower than dog crap.
A ton of corner shops, pharmacies and local supermarkets in Birmingham who jacked up their prices straight away from the panic buying madness. I don’t care if they all shut and the streets become glorified ghost towns, they put this on themselves with their pure greed. Never forget.

Any that you see jacking prices up extortionately on the essentials, report them to the authorities so they get fined thousands of pounds.
Edited by: "MrMaccieKFC" 31st Mar
Pepper Deals Ltd for promoting divulging vulnerable persons' and associates' personal info to an organisation that has no means to verify the info nor any requirement to request the info.
Any non-essential business that gives discount codes to NHS staff.

I accept giving stuff free to frontline staff is brilliant but codes? No thanks.
Willy_Wonka31/03/2020 01:14

Any non-essential business that gives discount codes to NHS staff. I …Any non-essential business that gives discount codes to NHS staff. I accept giving stuff free to frontline staff is brilliant but codes? No thanks.

Just eat?
The virus is going to hang around until July so we all still need to take precautions
Best time to fully enjoy is September when everything has been cleaned
Misslovely31/03/2020 01:50

The virus is going to hang around until July so we all still need to take …The virus is going to hang around until July so we all still need to take precautionsBest time to fully enjoy is September when everything has been cleaned

July? The virus will hang about until there is a vaccine.
medipura.co.uk/?fb…ZrM

liquidcreationsltd.com/?fb…-Fo

this crew......e-liquid manufacturers where there is no regulation overnight turned hand sanitiser manufacturers due to virus.

take note of the identical bottles used to supply thier products because they have flooded the market with identical bottles different labels are spurting the same stuff and charging a bomb. Also offering free batches to the local needy purely for self promotion and exposure.
Sports Direct. Though I've been avoiding them for years. For being additionally-heinous towards their maligned employees - then Ashley backtracked and said he'll use his transport services to help out the NHS (not sure if that was just hot air).

Same applies to ebuyer.

As for Branson, do any of you HUKDers read tattle? It has amazingly juicy celebrity gossip (if you get excited by that sort of thing, I usually get a cup of tea on the go and start reading) and an eye-opening/eye-watering Footballers And WAGs thread. Members on there suggest RB is particularly "handsy" towards employees and women in general, which was disappointing to read. Always vaguely thought he was alright. Till recently.
Edited by: "louiselouise" 31st Mar

Sports Direct. Though I've been avoiding them for years. For being …Sports Direct. Though I've been avoiding them for years. For being additionally-heinous towards their maligned employees - then Ashley backtracked and said he'll use his transport services to help out the NHS (not sure if that was just hot air).Same applies to ebuyer.As for Branson, do any of you HUKDers read tattle? It has amazingly juicy celebrity gossip (if you get excited by that sort of thing, I usually get a cup of tea on the go and start reading) and an eye-opening/eye-watering Footballers And WAGs thread. Members on there suggest RB is particularly "handsy" towards employees and women in general, which was disappointing to read. Always vaguely thought he was alright. Till recently.

Yeah the self made billionaires as he used to like to tell us often in the 80s who received a fortune from his parents and walked over anyone he could to get a head, was always a great guy, just as mike oldfield.
Edited by: "eslick" 31st Mar
Amazon after Bald Bezos asks the public to donate to his delivery drivers instead of paying them sick pay on the back of Coronavirus.

As Input magazine put it, it should surprise no one that the worlds richest man wants the public to pay his staff during a global health crisis.
inputmag.com/cul…ave

independent.co.uk/new…tml

Tbh I've always seen him being overly touchy especially with the stewardesses, even on promo ads so can't imagine hes any different behind closed doors. Then again when you sue the NHS for not getting a contract and win I dont suppose you have many morals.
AndyRoyd31/03/2020 01:11

Pepper Deals Ltd for promoting divulging vulnerable persons' and …Pepper Deals Ltd for promoting divulging vulnerable persons' and associates' personal info to an organisation that has no means to verify the info nor any requirement to request the info.

Enlighten us perhaps?
Definitely easyjet only used them the one time before
I wonder how many here will actually follow through with action.
Klm and virgin, Branson for his behaviour
40235431-tO2Bf.jpg
bozo00731/03/2020 07:02

I wonder how many here will actually follow through with action.

Me too, as a society we have the perfect chance to change society for the better as most firms will be so fragile they will break if we don't use them... ..

But as humans are generally inherently selfish then I think it will be back to the usual companies 😔
nopartylikeansclubparty31/03/2020 07:14

Me too, as a society we have the perfect chance to change society for the …Me too, as a society we have the perfect chance to change society for the better as most firms will be so fragile they will break if we don't use them... ..But as humans are generally inherently selfish then I think it will be back to the usual companies 😔

I agree that nothing much will change.
Within a day or two:

The roads will be packed with cars
Pollution levels right back up
Half the people below 25 with alcohol poisoning after drinking themselves into stupors ASAP.
The NHS will take a back burner once again to some "ACE" footballers on a paltry £450k/week

Most of us will be probably worse off financially for years to come, and who knows what businesses will never re-open?
We'll moan for a bit, deal with some grieving, but generally fall into the same greed, killing one another etc.

Never used Sports Direct anyway. Chav store for me, and others that have tried to profiteer out of this, either never heard of them, or don't use them anyway.
More bothered by the incessant adverts on YouTube that are providing a long list of companies never to use.
mtsk31/03/2020 08:07

https://www.lewiscotter.com/brands-a-zhere is a nice list

Not too many negatives there.

Starbucks I use once or twice a year.
Travelodge, I've used once for a stay at Heathrow.
Wetherspoons, never actually been in one.
Sports Direct, as said above, too chavvy and nothing that suits me there.
Wren Kitchens. Plenty of employees complaining about them on the Lincolnshire news at present.

Only thing I can think off is whoever owns that hotel at Aviemore that kicked everyone out.

My friend is mad on tattle and sends me lots of comments from there
Corner shop near me wanted £2.09 for a 4 pint of milk, usual price £1.29/1.39 refused to buy & told him i wouldn’t be coming here again.
K & P Family Butchers, 43 The Broadway, Loughton IG10 3SP

Chicken drummers = £3.99 for 500g during corona virus outbreak! Normally £2 per killo!

40235822-w7XK0.jpg
Well I’ll use sports direct and Wetherspoon again. Not that I use very often in first place... the owner of spoons didn’t do anything wrong he said they would get the 80% when he got it, which is fair and said if they wanted to take another job they could have the jobs back when they re-open. What’s wrong with that. Surely staff are better off working if they can as a key worker instead of plunging economy further in debt..
My local costcutter for putting up the price of 9 toilet rolls to £15
Charging £4 for 6 eggs
Bread £2.50
And milk £3
I took pictures of everything
And will never be stepping in there again
They have no morals
xenole31/03/2020 08:16

Not too many negatives there.Starbucks I use once or twice a …Not too many negatives there.Starbucks I use once or twice a year.Travelodge, I've used once for a stay at Heathrow.Wetherspoons, never actually been in one.Sports Direct, as said above, too chavvy and nothing that suits me there.Wren Kitchens. Plenty of employees complaining about them on the Lincolnshire news at present.Only thing I can think off is whoever owns that hotel at Aviemore that kicked everyone out.

The Aviemore hotel is part of Brittania group. This includes Pontins. en.wikipedia.org/wik…els
sd1331/03/2020 10:02

My local costcutter for putting up the price of 9 toilet rolls to £15 …My local costcutter for putting up the price of 9 toilet rolls to £15 Charging £4 for 6 eggs Bread £2.50 And milk £3 I took pictures of everything And will never be stepping in there again They have no morals

Sounds like the price of general groceries last time I was in the US

As for the Britannia group, judging by their hotel near Manchester Airport that has a lot of apparent negative feedback regarding cleanliness and an abundance of working girls, not a chain I would want to be using.
Bargainhead31/03/2020 09:13

Well I’ll use sports direct and Wetherspoon again. Not that I use very o …Well I’ll use sports direct and Wetherspoon again. Not that I use very often in first place... the owner of spoons didn’t do anything wrong he said they would get the 80% when he got it, which is fair and said if they wanted to take another job they could have the jobs back when they re-open. What’s wrong with that. Surely staff are better off working if they can as a key worker instead of plunging economy further in debt..

He is refusing to pay his suppliers for goods already supplied.
Should go on review websites like trustpilot and google maps and include the price gouging on every corner shop, pharmacy, local supermarket and retailer who have jacked up the prices during the crisis, also have a median website collating all the companies and websites doing so, so we know who to avoid when the crisis ends and the economy recovers.
A certain hardware store
Pandamansays31/03/2020 10:42

He is refusing to pay his suppliers for goods already supplied.

Who is which one...
HomeBargains put up 2 kg white potatoes from 69p to £1.29.
Boycotting any business will put ordinary people out of work (most on minimum wage) before it will have any impact on the wealthy owners.

Branson is horrible. I for one won't be buying his pickle again.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions