Groups
    EXPIRED

Company not processing a refund. What legally can I do?

The company isn't disputing the returns or that they won't, just not doing it and their CS is non-existent. The goods that were received 05/06/2014 and 12/06/2014 and I have the receipts to prove it. They state in busy periods that they can take up to 28 days. The first return has now gone over this period and the second will do soon.

Phoned them and can only ever occasionally get through to sales who say they're pending and have done for the last 2 weeks. CS never answers phone or responds to e-mails.

What can I do to legally try and reclaim my money? Just want my £65 back.

21 Comments

Small claims court, but to be honest you would probably get your refund before any action takes place and would therefore be wasting money.

Threaten them with it though

Contact your credit card company and see what they can do for you

Original Poster

paid using my debit card simplyjimbo, will they be able to do anything for me?

simplyjimbo

Contact your credit card company and see what they can do for you

I agree. If you paid with a debit card, contact your bank. They will have a chargeback department and will help you get the money back. I had to use this to get money back from Groupon when they hadn't processed a refund.

SixFeet

paid using my debit card simplyjimbo, will they be able to do anything … paid using my debit card simplyjimbo, will they be able to do anything for me?

Your bank will do something just as a debit card but if it is a Visa debit card that gives double the power

Can we ask who it is?

Original Poster

SixFeet

paid using my debit card simplyjimbo, will they be able to do anything … paid using my debit card simplyjimbo, will they be able to do anything for me?

deeky

Can we ask who it is?

It is, thank you I have contacted my bank and they put it through.

Company called 'Brands Central'

The website looks good, you should send a firm but polite letter, give them another week first.

Original Poster

allowed

The website looks good, you should send a firm but polite letter, give … The website looks good, you should send a firm but polite letter, give them another week first.

Already put 2 firm e-mails in last 3 days, no reply. Phone just rings forever and no reply to messages left. I've put it in with my bank. I don't mind waiting a while for a refund but this is too long and when there is absolutely no contact or reply from the company I feel left in limbo.

EDIT: They sell mainly through there little catalogues and have a few people that have purchased through them no problem before, including myself a few years ago.
    Edited by: "SixFeet" 4th Jul 2014

Send them a "last letter before legal action"

I see the owner can't be bothered to adhere to Nominet rules either.
    Report him to Nominet - they take a very dim view of traders withholding their registrant details

Domain name:
    brandscentral.co.uk

Registrant:
    F Chaudhry

Registrant type:
    UK Individual

Registrant's address:
    The registrant is a non-trading individual who has opted to have their
    address omitted from the WHOIS service.

I thought traders had to detail a full postal address, and not hide behind a PO Box ?

Brands Central
    Po Box 330
    Manchester
    M12 0BX

Bunch a cowboys

gizmouk

I thought traders had to detail a full postal address, and not hide … I thought traders had to detail a full postal address, and not hide behind a PO Box ? Brands Central Po Box 330ManchesterM12 0BXBunch a cowboys

From their T&C page

brandscentral.co.uk is owned and operated by;

My Exclusive Sale Limited
    Mayfair House
    43 Berkely Square
    Mayfair
    London
    W1J 5FJ

Registered in England and Wales No. 07393975

brandscentral.co.uk/Ter…spx

More info duedil.com/com…ted

simplyjimbo

From their T&C pagehttp://www.brandscentral.co.uk is owned and operated … From their T&C pagehttp://www.brandscentral.co.uk is owned and operated by;My Exclusive Sale LimitedMayfair House43 Berkely SquareMayfairLondonW1J 5FJRegistered in England and Wales No. 07393975http://www.brandscentral.co.uk/TermsAndCondition.aspxMore info https://www.duedil.com/company/07393975/my-exclusive-sale-limited

Just a mail forwarding service

westone-business.co.uk/may…asp

Just go down there and grab some cash out the till and bi*CH slap the woman at the desk and grab some goods on the way out. Job done.

rdtorres

Just go down there and grab some cash out the till and bi*CH slap the … Just go down there and grab some cash out the till and bi*CH slap the woman at the desk and grab some goods on the way out. Job done.

but according to the addresses..that means going to Manchester or London..which are both **** holes

dataload

but according to the addresses..that means going to Manchester or … but according to the addresses..that means going to Manchester or London..which are both **** holes

No they're not.

Original Poster

Hi guys.

This still hasn't been resolved. They have 2 choices when ringing them, sales or CS. There CS never answers, their sales infrequently do. When I can get through to sales they say they'll get someone stick me on hold, even when I told them to not leave me on hold whilst they do, and wait till it cuts me out. Opened a case via my bank about it but they refuse to do anything without a "refund voucher or advice from the merchant that confirms the actual amount to be refunded". This despite me explicitly stating several times that they ignore my correspondence and refuse to make contact with me so how can I supply this. I asked them if I recorded a conversation on the phone with someone if that would suffice, still awaiting reply from that.

I sent them a letter via recorded delivery yesterday on ensure proof of receipt prompting contact with me before I precede in legal matters.

Can anyone help explain my options here now?
    Edited by: "SixFeet" 25th Jul 2014

SixFeet

Hi guys.This still hasn't been resolved. They have 2 choices when ringing … Hi guys.This still hasn't been resolved. They have 2 choices when ringing them, sales or CS. There CS never answers, their sales infrequently do. When I can get through to sales they say they'll get someone stick me on hold, even when I told them to not leave me on hold whilst they do, and wait till it cuts me out. Opened a case via my bank about it but they refuse to do anything without a "refund voucher or advice from the merchant that confirms the actual amount to be refunded". This despite me explicitly stating several times that they ignore my correspondence and refuse to make contact with me so how can I supply this. I asked them if I recorded a conversation on the phone with someone if that would suffice, still awaiting reply from that.I sent them a letter via recorded delivery yesterday on ensure proof of receipt prompting contact with me before I precede in legal matters.Can anyone help explain my options here now?

Small claims court

Original Poster

allowed

Small claims court

Anything can be done to get a refund prior to that? I understand it takes months for small claims to go through will take months. Will contacting consumer advice be any different?

Did you ever get this resolved ??? ....I have been in the same situation for the past 15 months !

Original Poster

parmo

Did you ever get this resolved ??? ....I have been in the same situation … Did you ever get this resolved ??? ....I have been in the same situation for the past 15 months !

Nope. Didn't follow it through into SCC
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What kind of workstation desk should I buy for my office / music room ?01
      2. Looking to buy the Ulefone Power 2 - but would like some advice from you ph…11
      3. Looking for help/advice finding a weeks holiday in September please??57
      4. Advice for bank error22

See more discussions