Company shares

Found 3rd Feb
Hi I wanted to know if i can transfer some shares I have got from my work to my husband without having to pay anything in terms of tax and also if he decided to sell them at a later date will they be counted towards his own personal tax allowance? Thanks
Community Updates
Ask
8 Comments
Yeah you can transfer shares to a spouse with no impact or additional taxes, they can then use their own allowance. That is if it’s phisically possible my work shares are kept differently because they are sold at a discount with freebies.
Dannyrobbo1 h, 30 m ago

Yeah you can transfer shares to a spouse with no impact or additional …Yeah you can transfer shares to a spouse with no impact or additional taxes, they can then use their own allowance. That is if it’s phisically possible my work shares are kept differently because they are sold at a discount with freebies.

Yeah that’s the same as mine but they are maturing soon. So I’m thinking of splitting it as to reduce my tax.
If it’s a sharesave scheme then it’s not taxable
Also for capital gains tax approximately the first £11k gain is exempt from tax.
ibblackberry141 m ago

Also for capital gains tax approximately the first £11k gain is exempt …Also for capital gains tax approximately the first £11k gain is exempt from tax.

Yes it will slightly over so I thought either save some until next financial year or move some across to my husband and then get him to sell using his cgt allowance. Hmm never been in this situation before.

Stupid question the tax allowance for my normal salary is separate to this allowance yes?
Yes both allowances are separate.

If just slightly over, the tax will be pretty insignificant, but as you say, if it's straight fwd it's worth trying to use your husband's allowance.

Or if controllable, sell some in march and some in April when you allowance is renewed.
Bandicoot4th Feb

If it’s a sharesave scheme then it’s not taxable

If you go over capital gains tax threshold it is.
Hallsie1 h, 47 m ago

If you go over capital gains tax threshold it is.

Yes hallsie you are correct.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants