Groups

Compaq Presario F500 faulty laptop

Hi there. I know I can't list here under the 7 day ruling but what would be a reasonable price to accept on following spec laptop please??:

compaq Presario F500
    2.5gb ram
    15 inch screen
    windows Vista Home premium
    NO internal hard drive
    All lights light up but black screen - when it's turned on the fan also starts up for a bit

in very good condition (was well looked after) only with some wear to left mouse button and part of the sensor pad

any [sensible] indications much appreciated :-)

5 Comments

Banned

considering no-one knows what works and what doesnt
    possibly 20 quid, and it would be a rare buyer who has a broken same machine

I have a F500 ,how do you manage to have 2.5 Gb of ram?,theres only 2 memory slots and each slot holds a maximum of 1 GB:?

anyway theirs always plenty of these on ebay sold as spares or repair,this should give you an idea what to ask:thumbsup:

computers.shop.ebay.co.uk/Lap…282

Original Poster

quizmaniac;8573677

I have a F500 ,how do you manage to have 2.5 Gb of ram?,theres only 2 … I have a F500 ,how do you manage to have 2.5 Gb of ram?,theres only 2 memory slots and each slot holds a maximum of 1 GB:?anyway theirs always plenty of these on ebay sold as spares or repair,this should give you an idea what to ask:thumbsup:http://computers.shop.ebay.co.uk/Laptops-Netbooks-/177/i.html?_nkw=compaq+presario+f500&_catref=1&_fln=1&_trksid=p3286.c0.m282

Mine has 1x 512mb and the other has 2gb and work(ed) perfectly well!

Someone in northern Ireland has offered me £80 Inc postage. Assuming I get them to pay by bank transfer BEFORE I send, it's a pretty good offer isn't it

melmorc;8573769

Mine has 1x 512mb and the other has 2gb and work(ed) perfectly … Mine has 1x 512mb and the other has 2gb and work(ed) perfectly well!Someone in northern Ireland has offered me £80 Inc postage. Assuming I get them to pay by bank transfer BEFORE I send, it's a pretty good offer isn't it

ahhh good to know:) all the forums say you can only have 2GB max.,the screen problem might just be the inverter which is a simple cheap fix ,i had too replace the video cable on mine which was also cheap and simple £6.99 but my screen had turned pink not blank so probably not that.

I think £80 is very good and if i was you would accept it.

Original Poster

thanks guys - repped all!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764158
      2. Xbox One X pre order £449.99 @ Game (out 9th Nov)2456
      3. How dangerous is Donald trump?2288
      4. Sad news about Barcelona2395

See more discussions