Compare Biritsh Gas Homecare and HomeServe

Found 2nd Jul 2015
Hi
I am due for my Homecare renewal with British Gas. My quote for Homecare 400 (covers Boiler,Plumbing,Electricity + Boiler Service) comes to £260 with 50£ excess for each.
Similar service with Homeserve (Homeserve Cover is only £114 with £50 excess.

Has anyone any experience comparing the two and can tell me which is better?

Will really appreciate some help.Thanks

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
7 Comments

British gas is always more expensive but I use them because of reliability.

mutley1

British gas is always more expensive but I use them because of … British gas is always more expensive but I use them because of reliability.

One seconds this ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Original Poster

mutley1

British gas is always more expensive but I use them because of … British gas is always more expensive but I use them because of reliability.

Agree that BG has a familiarity credit.

But what gets my goat is the fact that the same cover from British Gas is about £200 online (over £60 less!)and on top of that I find that Homeserve (Cover includes additional Pest,Roof and Security cover but costs less than half the price of British Gas Homecare!

Are British Gas encouraging its customers to always switch every year? Looking at the facts I am being forced to do that to a certain extent.:(

Any one with experience with HomeServe?

I've got four British Gas home covers for four different properties, all I can say is that British Gas are more expensive but when you need to use the cover they are very quick to call out and that is exactly what you need when your heating or hot water goes especially on Christmas or New Years Day. In the past I have experienced bad service such as being invoiced for two policy excess charges for the same visit but I have found their customer service team very helpful and have had compensation amounts of £50 from them twice. I have only the homecare 100 policies, do you really need the plumbing and electrical aspects? Also, I may have a voucher coming this week that gives you £25 m&s vouchers when you take out a policy with BG as I've just renewed if you want it?
Unfortunately I haven't any experience with other companies but it's piece of mind over saving a few quid for me.

If you ring British Gas and tell them the renewal amount they've quoted seems excessive and ask them if they can better the deal then the agents are authorised to give 10% reduction, if you really press them especially if you've got Homecare 400 then their manager might authorise a maximum 15% discount. Work out the % amount the quote has risen by and then that should bamboozle them and negotiate from there. Good Luck (sorry I didn't read your opening post quite right but now see that you're renewing)

They often have offers via Quidco for a large discount when taking out a new policy . Might be worth checking .
Post a comment
@
    Text