Groups
    EXPIRED

Comparing laptops...help needed

Looking at these three laptops now...does anyone have any views on them? any better suggestions?

(links in first post)

8 Comments

Acer haven't got a very good name for reliability or customer service. Asus are OK but nothing special. Dell have some good deals on at the moment and are much better than either Acer or Asus.

Hello.

I'll try my best to help. I was just wondering what you are going to use the laptop for? Price-range? (I see those are between 4 & 500 - so is that your range?) Does it have to have something? If you could please answer those and anything else you think might help. I'll more than have a look and have a look around for you too.

Original Poster

Mance;6492793

Hello.I'll try my best to help. I was just wondering what you are going … Hello.I'll try my best to help. I was just wondering what you are going to use the laptop for? Price-range? (I see those are between 4 & 500 - so is that your range?) Does it have to have something? If you could please answer those and anything else you think might help. I'll more than have a look and have a look around for you too.

hey mance, yeah im looking for something to do graphic design / web design work on - im umming and arring about whether to get a 15" or 17" as i spend some time on the train so a 15" would be more suitable but then again i like a big screen to work with when im not travellin, just cant decide! dont play games on pc so that wouldnt be an issue. 400-500 is my budget as I want something decent that will last me a few years. thanks for your help!!

Original Poster

rosstheboss1972;6491924

http://www.whatlaptop.co.uk/files/whatlaptop/WLT125_rev1hi.pdf

thanks, il hav a read of that in the morning! :thumbsup:

steveuk;6492920

hey mance, yeah im looking for something to do graphic design / web … hey mance, yeah im looking for something to do graphic design / web design work on - im umming and arring about whether to get a 15" or 17" as i spend some time on the train so a 15" would be more suitable but then again i like a big screen to work with when im not travellin, just cant decide! dont play games on pc so that wouldnt be an issue. 400-500 is my budget as I want something decent that will last me a few years. thanks for your help!!

If you use it on the train then you have to go for 15". A 17" laptop is a lot larger and would be a pain to carry around.

You could always buy an external monitor to plug in the back of the laptop for when it is used at a desk.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Fitbit HR12
      2. Can someone explain to me clearly about the Samsung Upgrade Programme?11
      3. Hi Wonder if anyone can help...I urgently need to buy a laptop today , up t…34
      4. Has anyone seen a cereal dispenser in shops?34

See more discussions