Groups
    EXPIRED

compassionate leave are employees

Banned
    hi all

just wondering if anyone on here knows what the laws/rights are concerning compassionate leave for employee when mother has just died and if there is a certain leave you are entiled to. i really need some time off

58 Comments

you should be able to have time off but I think it is up to the discretion of your employer to whether you can get paid for the time you take off

nothing written about it in your employment contract?

Think it depends on the employer and how long you have been there, some places it's two weeks, Good Luck:)

Been in the news a lot recently regarding people who have lost their children in Iraq - there is currently no law that your employers must give you any time off at all on compassionate leave. So I am afraid you will have to just ask and see how compassionate they are.

Really sorry for your loss and hope that your employers are compassionate.

Supermod

You will need to check your contract of employment. There is no legal minimum/maximum to an amount of time off on compassionate grounds.

If this is not covered in your contract you can request time off but they do not have to agree. You can ask for unpaid leave or take it as holiday.

If they dismiss you then there is a separate matter.

depends on employer-there should be a law imho but it varies wildly-when my mum passed away I got 2 weeks paid leave,when mrs barkys dad passed away she got one day off for the funeral!-go figure!

Supermod

adp;7677491

Think it depends on the employer and how long you have been there, some … Think it depends on the employer and how long you have been there, some places it's two weeks, Good Luck:)

No it isnt.

numptyj;7677481

you should be able to have time off but I think it is up to the … you should be able to have time off but I think it is up to the discretion of your employer to whether you can get paid for the time you take off

First of all, sorry to hear that you need to know about compassionate leave. Hope you're ok there.

Numptyj is spot on, on the other hand you can have upto 13wks off for dependants (unpaid) if you need time with the kids.

For compassionate leave most employees give 3 days (typically), but the rest you should be able to get as holiday or unpaid.

]http//ne…stm

BBC story regarding Iraq.

Original Poster Banned

Wait My Mum Isnt Dead I Just Want Time Off And Need A Good Excuse

daz1981;7677556

Thats absolutely shocking!
    Shame on you....take your hols and be done with it..... or deal with it like everyone else has to!

daz1981;7677556

karma will bite you on the **** laddy :whistling:

daz1981;7677556

:?

daz1981;7677556

loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

Supermod

daz1981;7677556

Idiot.

magicjay1986;7677599

Idiot.

i thought that earlier ]http//ww…=36

Original Poster Banned

magicjay1986;7677599

Idiot.

well sorrrrrrry you should be happy for me, my mum isnt dead my god youd prefer her to be well your a sick sick person shame on you

Well it's a good way to get the sack when they find out!:roll: Then you'll have loads of time off!

Reminds me of the Stephen Ireland's gran thing.

Original Poster Banned

michelleleemoo;7677646

i thought that earlier … i thought that earlier ]http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/594478/glitch-time-delay-skincare-products/showpost.php?p=7674337&postcount=36

Supermod

daz1981;7677648

well sorrrrrrry you should be happy for me, my mum isnt dead my god youd … well sorrrrrrry you should be happy for me, my mum isnt dead my god youd prefer her to be well your a sick sick person shame on you

Grow up.

daz1981;7677556

pfft, that is bloody shameful!

i'd use your holiday, try booking off a couple of monday's, i'm sure you'll realise you'll be bored and have nothing to fill your days with anyway.

daz1981;7677556

Your Yin & Yang has just become unbalanced!

Supermod

michelleleemoo;7677646

i thought that earlier … i thought that earlier ]http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/594478/glitch-time-delay-skincare-products/showpost.php?p=7674337&postcount=36

Wow, it surprises me that he has a girlfriend. :thinking:

Original Poster Banned

to be fair people may not agree with it

but anyway at least ive gone on to show how thoughtful and considerate hukders are well done all of you

magicjay1986;7677659

Grow up.

+1, you born in '81 daz?

Original Poster Banned

magicjay1986;7677674

yes a very nice one to :thumbsup:

magicjay1986;7677674

she must be soooooooo proud

Original Poster Banned

michelleleemoo;7677688

yes she is:thumbsup:

Original Poster Banned

baconsandwich;7677682

+1, you born in '81 daz?

yeah why?

magicjay1986;7677674

michelleleemoo;7677688

perhaps he's lying about that too :whistling:

Supermod

choc1969;7677704

I reckon so. Some people are just so classless.

Original Poster Banned

choc1969;7677704

no no shes real

and to be honest i havent lied about anything else i didnt say my mum was dead and i did say i just need some time off

Original Poster Banned

magicjay1986;7677720

I reckon so. Some people are just so classless.

what?

daz1981;7677698

yes she is:thumbsup:

if you ever referred to my face as being that bad you'd have to do me from behind you would have a serious set of blue balls on you, yr not funny really but hey as long as yr girl and yr ma love you :roll:

Banned

What happens when your mum really dies?

daz1981;7677703

yeah why?

cos you sound about as mature as a pint of milk

DLM;7677745

What happens when your mum really dies?

he gets extra time off, win win situation :w00t:

baconsandwich;7677750

cos you sound about as mature as a pint of milk

thats yoghurt aint it :p:p;-)

Original Poster Banned

michelleleemoo;7677733

if you ever referred to my face as being that bad you'd have to do me … if you ever referred to my face as being that bad you'd have to do me from behind you would have a serious set of blue balls on you, yr not funny really but hey as long as yr girl and yr ma love you :roll:

hey kinky my missus never goes that far you must have one lucky fella there:-D
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. WONGA REFUNDS DUE2121027
      2. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7281384
      3. word association Game74044580
      4. GIVEAWAY - Clear out of duplicate CD Keys from Humble Bundle I have yet to …44

See more discussions