Groups

compensation from BT

I have recently been given some very poor customer service from BT.

It has been 2 months since i requested a number port and they have not done that yet

I have therefore been paying 2 telephone line rentals as well as 2 broadband (my old virgin and my 02 which I have not yet transferred because of the number port issue) I am also paying virgin and sky for tv.

BT have admitted their mistake.

What can I expect them to pay for from the above and what compensation should I expect for the inconvenience caused?

Any help appreciated. Rep will be added

Thanks

10 Comments

1 line rental and 1 broadband what else do you want?

inconvenience caused? you mean for other line rental and other broadband

1 millon pounds?

I work for them they will palm you off more than likely

Original Poster

thanks for your advice. rep added

£30-50 goodwill for inconvenience. Wouldnt even say you'd get full line rental and broadband charges back as they didnt force you to keep paying Virgin AND O2.

Could you not just have cancelled the additional line rental/broadband?

BT are a bloody nightmare

Supermod

You are only entitled to "loss" based on their error. Therefore, you can only claim for the extra expense incurred from them not porting the number across. One months line rental and broadband. Saying that, you can claim what you like but it is likely you will not get anything apart from the immediate loss.

You should not get compensation for inconvenience as this is not quantifiable.

Original Poster

For clarification, could not cancel the phone line as this was the number being ported.

I could not cancel the broadband as I had been advised by o2 that they would set it up after the number port and I did not want to be without broadband for longer than a couple of days

was paying vm for tv as broadband and tv line rental was interlinked

Thanks again

Banned

Anything you do MUST be in writing (email or letter) - if it's email, make sure you get a 'email read' response.

I got £25 back from TV Licensing after some jumped up 17 year old tried to get me to clarify my bank details with him. I wrote a letter to complaints, and had a letter back within a week telling me the chap had been dealt with (sacked?), and I got a cheque for £25.

DO NOT waste your time holding on the phone for complaints.

JonnyTwoToes;7786401

Anything you do MUST be in writing (email or letter) - if it's email, … Anything you do MUST be in writing (email or letter) - if it's email, make sure you get a 'email read' response.I got £25 back from TV Licensing after some jumped up 17 year old tried to get me to clarify my bank details with him. I wrote a letter to complaints, and had a letter back within a week telling me the chap had been dealt with (sacked?), and I got a cheque for £25.DO NOT waste your time holding on the phone for complaints.

Agree with the any complaints MUST be in writing thing...but trying to get compo for something trivial is daft. As i said, in term's of OP's problem, he may get small sum of money as goodwill, but thats about it.

I deal with complaints against BT so if OP wants address to pursue it, then let me know. :thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Unexpected house guest query (Ratatouille)913
      2. Help sought - Cheap(est) smartphone with Standard SIM for short period of u…11
      3. Which Kodi Add-ons?33
      4. Rain effect window. The one from FRIENDS! Please help!11

See more discussions