Compensation from guilty found scammer

Found 14th Aug 2017
Just a question to ask you all

It's been pondering as I'm in 2 minds

So in January I was a victim of a scam and recently the person has been caught (from numerous occasions too) and has finally admitted they were guilty.

I received a form last week of a compensation form to get my money back to which I've filled in as I would like my money back - great! But it's not guaranteed.

I received another letter the next day from the offenders local police region saying I'm entitled to compensation for the offend he caused towards me which is 2x the amount he stole off me

My question is although I'm might be getting my money back, would it seem justified for me to contact the police and claim more money against this person for the trouble it's caused me or do I leave it and accept he's admitted the offence, that I may get my money back and leave it

or

would you feel that he caused me problems and out of money for a period of time that I should go ahead with the compensation because they deserves it and it will teach them to not cause such pain and hassle to anyone again?

I mean, I'm in 2 minds because I've filled the first form in, to which I might not get anything back but the 2nd form says I'm entitled to a higher amount in compensation and i do want my money back

What do you guys/girls reckon?
Community Updates
Ask
8 Comments
Scammer knew full well what they did. Make them pay, literally. Don't feel sorry for them, they don't feel one ounce of empathy toward you!
fill out both forms. double the chance of getting something back and you might get 3 x the value at the scammers expense. Hopefully, they'll get a custodial sentence as well rather than let off for paying everyone back.

Does my head in that offenders get a slap on the wrist

e.g. £200 fine for no insurance on a car. No wonder youngsters are risking that rather than pay £1000's in insurance premiums. Should be penalised with a criminal record too.
I wouldn't get your hopes up too much in getting your money back quickly, someone scammed me out of £50 over 2 years ago, they were caught, prosecuted and ordered to pay it back by the courts but they only pay 'what they can afford' as they scammed about 4 or 5 other people too - so far they have paid back less than £15
Claim as much as you can, you won't get anything anyway so just try to claim anything and everything they offer you.
chocci1 h, 36 m ago

fill out both forms. double the chance of getting something back and you …fill out both forms. double the chance of getting something back and you might get 3 x the value at the scammers expense. Hopefully, they'll get a custodial sentence as well rather than let off for paying everyone back. Does my head in that offenders get a slap on the wrist e.g. £200 fine for no insurance on a car. No wonder youngsters are risking that rather than pay £1000's in insurance premiums. Should be penalised with a criminal record too.

I thought cars that weren't insured got taken away and crushed?
ipswich7811 m ago

With the amount of traffic police (and/or other police) available to catch the culprits even with the assistance of the ping from ANPR cameras the amount of "illegal" cars on our roads increases day by day.

And whilst they pay their £200 fine fortnightly @ £1 a time they'll save up to get the next pool car or cheap/cloned car to ride around in
ipswich781 h, 57 m ago

I think you have two weeks to produce insurance documents for it, otherwise it could be sold or scrapped etc.
ipswich7818 h, 32 m ago

Only if you dont pick it up
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants