Found 23rd Jun 2010
Hi I've just won a cinema surround sound system comprising:-

Yamaha RX-V365 Amplifier /Tuner and a Yamaha NS-P280 speaker package.
Its unused and still in the box.

Unfortunately the oh says its too big for our small room and I would like some advice if poss, on the best way to sell the package. How much do you think its worth?
I've never done anything like this before.

9 Comments

Congrats on your win, shame you can't install it.
Using ]Skinflint for price comparison I would estimate £250-£270.

The biggest problem will be the cost of shipping heavy units.

Original Poster

thx very much really appreciate it - youre right there are 2 large boxes right in the mrs way!

Try Interparcel.co.uk for a quote on the parcels - their Interparcel economy service is delivered by UPS who are great but you will have to pay extra for the additional compensation coverage (£50 is standard).

The avforums might be a good place to sell if you don't want to Ebay....

Original Poster

Thx thats really expensive isn't it - I'm not a member of any avforums etc - would they be a better place to sell than via ebay ( I dont have a preference)? Do you think that it would be worth trying to sell - collection only?

well done OP, how did you win that then

Don't think you can sell it on here as you "won" it and you cant potentailly "profit" from a sale on there. Ebay, of course is a different matter?

Banned

i would advertise locally 1st and if you do not sell then broaden the scope

Original Poster

Well I wouldn't want to make a profit and offend anyone on here, so I think I'll take sassie's advice and look at advertising locally. Then I'll do what my beloved says.

well done
i only ever win things which i cant use
last being a bq worth 215£ wife dont do BQs LOL

Disco;8898337

Don't think you can sell it on here as you "won" it and you cant … Don't think you can sell it on here as you "won" it and you cant potentailly "profit" from a sale on there.

They've changed the rules - and you can now....
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Mobile WiFi calling?44
    2. Gearbest: Order - Nowhere to be seen...810
    3. WANTED tickets for Logic Manchester23
    4. Wanted: Sweet Sundays code (5 points) please!!11

See more discussions